Warner Bros. Present Dying Light

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thinking of buying the GOTY Edition today. I've heard good things.

Hopefully it doesn't start too slow though. I tend to have less patience than I should with games that don't get into it fast enough.

SnakeDoc

I wouldn't say it's slow at all. And when you first start playing and you have your first night playthrough... run.

So I've heard.

Best example I can think of of the 'too slow' start was Fallout (I think). Started off as a little kid growing up in a fallout shelter. With kids birthday parties. No thanks. I have kids ... and am probably playing video games to avoid going to some random acquaintance's child's birthday party. I'm out.

I'd like to be in the thick of it, and reasonably capable of doing something cool, within a fairly short time.

SnakeDoc

Nah I wouldn't worry. Once you do a mission or two, you pretty much have free reign of the quarantine zone in the slums. There's tons of interior shanty homes you can ransack.

The bridge to the east is pretty awe inspiring the first time. You can climb up to the top of it if you use the cable as a walk way, but it becomes real easy once you get the grappling hook.

I wouldn't say it's slow at all. And when you first start playing and you have your first night playthrough... run.

I actually hid on top of a building for like 20 minutes thinking I was a sneaky bastard and could just wait until dawn. Then I realized that the sun wasn't coming up for this mission. THEN I ran like a mad bastard.

I actually hid on top of a building for like 20 minutes thinking I was a sneaky bastard and could just wait until dawn. Then I realized that the sun wasn't coming up for this mission. THEN I ran like a mad bastard.

The Volatiles get easier as the game progresses, but they become a pain again in Hard mode.

Put over an hour into The Following. Already, I find it far far better than the Arkham Knight DLC. This doesn't feel tacked on at all. It's an honest to god big chunk of game added on. The buggy is fun, and you need to keep it fueled so you need to raid gas pumps. I didn't get a chance to use the crossbow yet.

Since I had a million disaster relief packages, I already maxed my character out to level 250 :rotfl you get a BUNCH of new outfits, included characters. Notably level 250 lets you get a Rais skin.

Getting chased at night while in the buggy by volatiles is pretty intense :lol they stay right on your bumper.

Map is gigantic compared to the two previous maps. The buggy is essential to make any head way traveling any long distances.

You guys are getting me hyped for this! :panic: I didnt get the season pass so i'll just buy it seperately and start real soon

HJWEcgn.jpg

Back