Warner Bros. Present Dying Light

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"The next-gen allows us to make bigger and more dynamic blah blah blah..."

"Being produced for PS4 & One but also for PS3 & 360..."

Wait... what?!?! Does that make sense?

This game looks amazing..it uses same engine as Dead Island if I remember reading correctly. It's like Dead Island meets Mirror's Edge (Parcour game) but with more environment interaction.

From the games website:

GAME INFO

WHAT IS DYING LIGHT?
Dying Light is a first-person, action survival horror game set in a vast and dangerous open world. During the day, players traverse an expansive urban environment overrun by a vicious outbreak, scavenging the world for supplies and crafting weapons to defend against the growing infected population. At night, the hunter becomes the hunted, as the infected become aggressive and more dangerous. Most frightening are the predators which only appear after sundown. Players must use everything in their power to survive until the morning’s first light.

FEATURES
Survive the Night - During the day, players roam free and scavenge for supplies and weapons. But at night, the world undergoes a deadly transformation: the hunter becomes the hunted as the infected grow more aggressive and numerous, and something far more sinister awakens to stalk its prey.

Free Running Movement - Whether tracking prey or escaping predators, Dying Light lets players swiftly navigate the world by seamlessly leaping between buildings, grappling up walls and pouncing on unsuspecting enemies.

Open World Environments - Dying Light is set in a vast open world, delivering expansive and varied environments, a wide variety of enemy classes and a hopeless tale of survival where resources are scarce and the infected are not the only threat.

Brutal Melee and Ranged Combat - get up-close using a variety of light and heavy weapons including knives, bats, axes, sledgehammers and more exotic weaponry or utilize guns and other firepower to take down enemies from a distance.

Choose Your Play Style - Dying Light features four playable characters that can be fully customized and upgraded to match any play style.

Craft Your Weapon - Why use a wrench when you can use a wrench wrapped in electrified barbed wire? Dying Light's sizeable crafting system enables players to create a slew of new, more potent weapons and equipment, as well as specialized ammunition.

Breathtaking Visuals and Gameplay - Dying Light is the first game powered by Chrome Engine 6, a cutting edge incarnation of Techland's proprietary technology, designed from the ground up for the new console generation, DirectX 11 and other advanced solutions.

BUY NOW AND GET EXCLUSIVE DLC

BE THE ZOMBIE
Pre-order Dying Light to receive the special Be The Zombie Game Mode! Be the Zombie is a PvP game mode and offers players the ability to stalk other players as a night hunter - a lethal predator with unique and deadly skills. Item will be packed with your game after launching.

This a pre-order just based off the extra's. I'm only wondering if there will also be a Collector's Edition for this game...haven't found any information on a CE if there is plans for one.

Why use a wrench when you can use a wrench wrapped in electrified barbed wire?

Because that is impossible. I would be more interested in this game without them going Dead Rising with the weaponry. I like a more realistic take, because that is something we have not gotten. It would be awesome to have to hunt for supplies, food, and weapons, all in prep for the night. A co-op of that would be sweet. But then you add the electrified barb wire wrench, it takes away something. How about a zombie game where bullets are precious and rare. And just use a wrench bash skulls. But that's just me. Game does look cool though.

The graphics look great, the premise looks interesting - i'm just wondering how much depth we will see here. I'm also interested in what, or if there will be co-op play besides the mentioned PvP aspect. I also agree with Darth Zangetsu, little more realism would be nice. But Dead Island had the same concept, could build on weapons but at least the weapons would break down over time which is somewhat realistic. This is wait and see kind of game, but shows a lot of promise imo. I'm sure i'll get this either way because i'm obsessed with zombies at the moment.

According to amazon.com, this game scheduled for release in December 2014 :impatient:

Hopefully this lives up to what Dead Island was supposed to be, but I doubt it.

Remember how that trailer was like the talk of the nation and moved so many people? Then we people got the game they were pissed it was nothing like the trailer. O man!!

Don't know why they wanted to this spin off series of Dead Island that plays the same exact way... when they're making a Dead Island 3...

I just hope they drop all the ridiculous custom weapons from it. The first thing that came to mind watching this was that this is what Dead Island was supposed to be, and appears to be a highly refined version.

Anyone picking this up this month? I saw the gameplay and trailers, looks more interesting than Dead Island... but I hate the super zombies they have to implement. It just can't be a typical zombie storyline...

Will be a pick up later, for cheaper, game.

No need for day 1.

They put a review embargo on this game, doesn't sound like a good sign. I was going to pick this up at release, but I'm going to wait for reviews.

Back