Warcraft

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yea that's not that good, anything below a B+ is usually considered sour grapes for audience reception, unless this goes up to the high eighties I wouldn't expect this film to fare well in America. It kind of looks cool but I most likely won't be seeing this in a theater, especially with Conjuring 2 coming out this weekend, can't wait to see that one.

Do yourself a favor and watch it in theaters - in IMAX.

Fantastic experience for a great film.

Rotten Tomatoes score is now at 27% (Audience 82%)

Fandango 4.5 stars

IMBD 4 stars

I find the scores are usually pretty reliable. I use those scores to determine if I'll spend the money at a theater, I often give low-rated movies a chance on video or Cable, where I only lose time and not money.

luke.jpg

Just got home from seeing it and enjoyed it. No where near as bad as the reviews make it and it makes me want to play some WOW if i had it.

This movie is great! Watched it twice already (Internet) but I truly enjoyed it and look forward to more. I'm 29 and it brought me back to the original Warcraft game where you just played the computer, no online. Awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A friend of mine who's been very skeptical about it just saw it, said it was great and that he loved it. Really excited to see it.

Yep. :lol
These statistics are useless to us moviegoers.

And no, I didn't like the film nor hated it in any sense.
It was just meh for me, but still worth seein' in IMAX.

I just posted those because some bring up Rotten Tomatoes scores to back up their dislike for this movie. Critics be damned to me. :lol

Seems like audience reception has gone up, I wonder if it'll have the legs to do 100 MIL stateside.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Just saw it, it was pretty good. I think though they should have just stuck to the characters speaking English, the kind of switching around and acting like they were speaking in another language didn't make sense.

I really liked it. It wasn't perfect but it was good and definitely better than I ever expected a Warcraft movie to be. Excited to see where it goes from here.

This should have and would have been the perfect sequel to a film focused only on the Draenei and orcs. The first film could have opened with Velen leading the Eredar (Draenei) away from the Burning Legion and settling on Draenor. Then there'd be Orgrim and Durotan growing up, we would be introduced to shamanism in the orc clans by Ner'zhul and Drek'thar, Ner'zhul being manipulated by Kil'Jaeden to unite the orc clans and send them to war with the Draenei, Gul'dan's rise to power, orcs drinking the demon blood and being corrupted, etc, etc. Then it would end where this film began, with the orcs going through the portal.

That film would have been titled Warcraft, and the sequel would be Warcraft: Orcs and Humans like the game.

****, that would have been perfect.

Just got back from this. Definitely dragged (at least in the beginning). Had a stronger finish when the action picked up and the plot was a tad less convoluted. Had a couple characters that seemed unnecessary.

I realize that the movie is somewhat slave to the lore, but I really felt we didn't accomplish a lot when we followed the mage character. It was as if he was included there to sort of ground us and ask questions on behalf of the audience, but he didn't actually do any of that. He just sort of talked to the guardian every once in a while and privately researched.

Aside from that I actually thought it was fairly good. The orcs were by far the most interesting characters especially when compared to the bland cookie cutter human ones. They were also probably some of the best CG characters that have been done so far.

Didn't think it was amazing, but if the sequel came out next week I'd definitely go see it.

My expectations were reasonably high knowing Duncan Jones directed. It's not bad. It just felt short and cartoonish.

I realize that the movie is somewhat slave to the lore, but I really felt we didn't accomplish a lot when we followed the mage character. It was as if he was included there to sort of ground us and ask questions on behalf of the audience, but he didn't actually do any of that. He just sort of talked to the guardian every once in a while and privately researched.
Yep, that's the biggest mistake they've made. As someone who loves "The Last Guardian" book I was 100% dissapointed with how Medivh and Khadgar were integrated into film's plot. Medivh's such an important character with tragic background yet none of that was depicted in the film, at all.

$24 million US opening weekend- will be gone in two weeks and on video in August:lol

Back