Warcraft

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So it's no LOTR?
It's no "Ster Whores Awakens". :lol

It's just very silly stuff, the acting and live action part of the movie are like Krull or Never-ending story.
This is true. Doesn't mean it's a bad thing tho.

The VFX stuff just so boring. And crammed.
Also true, unfortunately.
Then again, theatrical cut is 40 minutes shorter than what was intended.

Toby Kebell also plays that Old wrinkled sorcerer.
Wut?

The audience rating for this is at 81%.

and how many of those are made up of this guy?

The benchwarmers_015.jpg

The visual FX and acting from the main Orcs are on par with Avatar, Planet of the Apes, Gollum. Simply Amazing to watch in IMAX 3D.

I think the exaggerated, high-fantasy aspect of this franchise is what's turning a lot of people off to it. The Warcraft series is full of adrenaline-pumping craziness. Aliens, floating cities, Hulk-like Orcs, etc.

I used to resent the franchise for being so over-the-top, then I woke up one day and realized that that's what makes it unique. There are plenty of medieval fantasy stories out there that are very grounded with a lot less "fantasy" and are very popular right now (Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones), but Warcraft doesn't conform to that and continues to go all-out.

Beneath the surface of some of the seemingly silly designs and ideas in Warcraft, there are some truly great stories and characters.

and how many of those are made up of this guy?
Well that's certainly not an outdated mindset Mr. He-Man fanboy.

Warcraft is mainstream. At the game's peak it had 12-13 million subscribers. I think Blizzard said that over 100 million people have played the game. That's absolutely insane if you really think about it. I've met people of all ages, all parts of the world, and both genders that play/have played the game. So the notion that only some basement-dwelling nerds support the franchise is beyond narrow-minded and idiotic.

Yep.

The influence of the critics is strong, but not that strong.

While waiting in line on Tuesday, I heard people saying "I'm here just to watch how awful it is" whilst giggling.

Mindless people love to bandwagon and that bandwagon always starts with the critics.

Warcraft is a perfect example of just how trival, bitter and elitist critics have become.

Well, we got another example before, with this one the notion that the critics are "out of touch" just got stronger, and people are starting to see it.

That audience rating made me want to see this after all.

**** the critics.
Still most expensive Cosplay ever.

Whatever happens i hope Duncan Jones gets to make MUTE.
THAT i wanna see.

Toby Kebell who plays the hero orc in mocap has also a "live" rôle.
Hes the Old chief sorcerer or whatever, the one who greets the young hero sorcerer when is visiting the big black cube thing.
Hes also there in the end, with the queen and all, near the young sorcerer.

Well, we got another example before, with this one the notion that the critics are "out of touch" just got stronger, and people are starting to see it.

That audience rating made me want to see this after all.

But what if you didn't know about the audience rating and just heard the critics consensus?

Too many people make up their mind when they see that stupid Tomatometer.. It really needs to go away so people can rediscover what they really like and stop letting a bunch of millennial deuchebags with a bull**** press credential tell them what to like and what to hate.

But what if you didn't know about the audience rating and just heard the critics consensus?

Too many people make up their mind when they see that stupid Tomatometer.. It really needs to go away so people can rediscover what they really like and stop letting a bunch of millennial deuchebags with a bull**** press credential tell them what to like and what to hate.
I wasn't gonna see it cause I'm not a big Warcraft fan, not because of the critics consensus, I no longer put any weight in that.

But the audience rating against the critics consensus is what's making me want to see it.

But you're right, it's pretty obvious how critics skew general consensus, but people are slowly getting wiser, they realize most of these critics aren't critics, they're bloggers :lol

I wasn't gonna see it cause I'm not a big Warcraft fan, not because of the critics consensus, I no longer put any weight in that.

But the audience rating against the critics consensus is what's making me want to see it.

But you're right, it's pretty obvious how critics skew general consensus, but people are slowly getting wiser, they realize most of these critics aren't critics, they're bloggers :lol

2qwq8te.gif

Yeah, I agree about that tomatometer. I know a guy who only watches movies that rotten tomatoes gives good reviews to. I keep telling him to judge for himself, but he's very ocd.

Yeah, I agree about that tomatometer. I know a guy who only watches movies that rotten tomatoes gives good reviews to. I keep telling him to judge for himself, but he's very ocd.

That's a shame.

I deleted the RT app after BvS.

yea that's not that good, anything below a B+ is usually considered sour grapes for audience reception, unless this goes up to the high eighties I wouldn't expect this film to fare well in America. It kind of looks cool but I most likely won't be seeing this in a theater, especially with Conjuring 2 coming out this weekend, can't wait to see that one.

Back