Warcraft

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apparently this movie is doing very well in China so far and broke their midnight showing record

I think it's going to flop here in the states though. especially with the meager 19% rating on RT

just watched it. The movie sold me after five minutes.

A brilliant fantasy epic of massive proportions, it succeeds at pretty much everything. The CGI is superb, the battles are stunning and the story is fantastic.

The movie achieves two things simultaneously:
1) Demonstrate the awesome skill of Jones as a filmmaker
2) Reiterate how bitter and useless critics today have become.

In summary, ignore the critics and enjoy a LORD OF THE RINGS for this generation that MUST be seen in IMAX.

9/10

Terrible, terrible movie. One of the worst I've seen in the cinema.
2/10.

Like a bad TV show with expensive CG.

2/10.

Not sure if we watched the same movie, but what I watched had great performances, stunning mo-cap/CG and a strong story for an opening chapter to WoW.

Durotan's story alone makes this movie great.

2/10.

So it's no LOTR?

Not sure if we watched the same movie, but what I watched had great performances, stunning mo-cap/CG and a strong story for an opening chapter to WoW.

Durotan's story alone makes this movie great.

That sounds like a 93% rated movie on Rotten Tomatoes instead of the 25% Warcraft has....

It's better than that, because it looks interesting at times.
Seriously, about a 1/3 of the way into the movie loads of people left.

It's just very silly stuff, the acting and live action part of the movie are like Krull or Never-ending story. Cheesy, wooden with terrible dialogue.
The VFX stuff fares better but it's all just so boring. And crammed. Jumps around like crazy, but nothing is interesting.

This is from a not Warcraft player, maybe you would enjoy it if you had spent months in the game world.

So it's no LOTR?

That sounds like a 93% rated movie on Rotten Tomatoes instead of the 25% Warcraft has....

I'm done with critics. They don't make any **** sense.

I went to see Jungle Book. It was pretty good. Nothing incredible though, just a good movie that I enjoyed watching. They overrated the **** out of it with 94%. So far this movie has a 25%. Ridiculous.

Warcraft was mesmerizing from start to finish. The battles and creatures were superb, the story engaging and the performances outstanding. Toby Kebbell now rivals Andy Serkis for King of The Mo-Cap. He was ridiculously good as Koba - he's even better as Durotan. Clancy Brown is awesome as Blackhand and Rob Kazinsky is stellar as Orgrim, Durotan's bff and second in command. The Orc part of the film was my favorite. They're just so much fun to watch and their story here is great.

On the human side, Fimmel, Cooper, Foster, Schnetzer, Negga and Patton are all awesome in their respective roles. Specially Fimmel as the lead.

The magic and wizardry was incredible. At times it was just straight outta Heavy Metal. Just awesome.

*It was odd seeing Cooper and Negga as King and Queen in this movie now that I'm watching both of them in PREACHER.

*The fight between Durotan and Gul'dan is comparable to Maximus vs. Commodus from Gladiator (2000). Brutal and heartbreaking.

Hands down, the greatest movie based on a videogame ever made and one that impressed the **** outta me - a person with zero knowledge on World of Warcraft before going into it.

How people can't enjoy this movie is beyond me. I honestly think you'd have to hate the fantasy genre altogether to really hate this movie.

Saw this yesterday (needed to clear my head after the neon demon).
Not a player nor a big fantasy afficionado.
The biggest problem for me is the production designs.
Those costumes scream cosplay, the orcs are way too charged design wise, the sets looks fake.
The cast has no charisma, the young sorcerer looks like an computer engineer, the hero is another Tom Hardy lookalike, Ben Foster is embarrassing.
The story took some interresting turns and i was interested by the characters interaction but the core was meh.
I rather have spent the whole movie with the orc hero than the human.
The cgi were sometime really impressive but the designs kinda killed them.
Direction wise Duncan Jones did a oretty good works, the battle scenes are cool, loved how he shot the opening scene.
They shpuld have really try to find an angle on the production design What works in videogame ´s cut scenes dont work for a feature film.
Btw Toby Kebell also plays that Old wrinkled sorcerer.
Had more fun with GODS OF EGYPT.

Back