"King Kong" Disney+ series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dark_Knight_89

Super Freak
Reaction score
Disney is reportedly developing a live-action King Kong series which will explore the origins of Kong on Skull Island.

It is separate to the original "King Kong" (1933), Peter Jackson's epic "King Kong" (2005), and the Legendary Pictures Monsterverse "Kong: Skull Island" (2017).

Disney+ is now developing a King Kong series

I know it's nothing original, but I am a little intrigued as Kong is a favourite of mine. I actually would have loved if this was tied into Peter Jackson's "King Kong" somehow, as I'm a big fan of that movie.

I’m game but Disney will f it up

true-its-true.gif

I really don't understand a series for this.

Will Kong be like Lassie and save-the-day each episode?

Or are they just planning to stretch the very thin original story out into 6-8 episodes?

Disney is reportedly developing a live-action King Kong series which will explore the origins of Kong on Skull Island.

It is separate to the original "King Kong" (1933), Peter Jackson's epic "King Kong" (2005), and the Legendary Pictures Monsterverse "Kong: Skull Island" (2017).

Disney+ is now developing a King Kong series

I know it's nothing original, but I am a little intrigued as Kong is a favourite of mine. I actually would have loved if this was tied into Peter Jackson's "King Kong" somehow, as I'm a big fan of that movie.

How much will it cost to produce and make?

Shooting in a jungle type environment long term is a logistical nightmare. The reason I point this out is the bigger the production budget, the more likely it will get a short leash. I thought Marco Polo on Netflix was great. It wasn't perfect but much of it was extremely good. But it was wildly expensive to make. So it had a short leash.

I'm open to the idea that there could be some really amazing stories told on Skull Island, but this is one of those cases where animation might be the better format ( i.e. like Tartakovsky's Primal series, which is fantastic but would be impossible to effectively budget for in live action)

I just don't understand everything getting a series nowadays. I understand the streamers have to continue with content to maintain/grow the subscriber base, but everything getting a series is just getting boring.

Every single character now is not deserving of a series. Several Marvel and SW series could have gotten along just fine as movies or even dropped into existing movies or already established shows.

Seeing Kong going in this direction is just not exciting, at least for me. He's always been a big, movie-type spectacle character.

I know this trend will continue, but so far, only a few have been worthwhile.

I just don't understand everything getting a series nowadays. I understand the streamers have to continue with content to maintain/grow the subscriber base, but everything getting a series is just getting boring.

Every single character now is not deserving of a series. Several Marvel and SW series could have gotten along just fine as movies or even dropped into existing movies or already established shows.

Seeing Kong going in this direction is just not exciting, at least for me. He's always been a big, movie-type spectacle character.

I know this trend will continue, but so far, only a few have been worthwhile.
Disney doesn't care about artistic integrity and only care about milking every cow in their paddock to make as much money as possible (which they are legally obligated to do).

The book was really good. It delves into Kong’s life before he was taken off the island. The history of his specie’s relationship to the natives, and the other inhabitants was also interesting. I really enjoyed it and am looking forward to the series.

He will be an infant that was found and raised by a strong female indigenous tribe member who hid and protected him from the males that tried to kill him. So we can understand where his intelligence and compassion came from...

:monkey3

Back