Vintage Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been going through this thread again, love this stuff!

I've been on a bit of a vintage kick lately... Got a Retron 5, picking up old NES cartridges and hopefully soon some Genesis and SNES ones as well. Also got some great stuff at Ottawa's Geek Market a few months back, and the GI Joe convention in Springfield, IL last month. Got a complete set of minty Turtles (though I need some ninja stars, dammit), an old GI Joe Diamond sticker book (unused!!!), GI Joe board game, lots of figs... I'll have to take some pics soon.

In the meantime, I've been looking for some Sectaurs, and was wondering - does anyone make repro wings for those things?

As far as I know of there haven't been any repro parts made for Sectaurs.

The beginnings of my SW Kenner collection :)

IMG_5385.JPG

IMG_5380.JPG

Aside from the obvious retro-coolness of the original SW line, there's something to be said about collecting something with a finite number of pieces. A clear goal and check-list. I've got a bunch myself, but haven't had much time to spend trying to move the collection along this past year.

Aside from the obvious retro-coolness of the original SW line, there's something to be said about collecting something with a finite number of pieces. A clear goal and check-list. I've got a bunch myself, but haven't had much time to spend trying to move the collection along this past year.

Besides the nostalgia, this is one of the main reasons I collect vintage. I like having an end point and the satisfaction of completing a set is so much more rewarding then buying the "new and cool" thing.

As far as I know of there haven't been any repro parts made for Sectaurs.

I figured that was the case, but thought I might as well ask just to be sure. Guess I'm going to have to be VERY careful with those wings...

Agreed! And it's especially true for Star Wars, since it seems like every contemporary SW line, be it Hasbro, Lego, 12", or whatever, gets a "new and improved" version of any given character regularly. After about twelve versions of Darth Vader, you get a little burned out. :)

I've really enjoyed taking my time with the Kenner SW line in particular. No rush, just enjoying it over the years.

Time to bump this thread with a couple recent mail hauls.

Exo-Squad Lot.JPG

493 Space Command Center.JPG

493 Space Command Center 2.JPG

Need to replace one of the Classic Space 1x2 bricks, and the figures weren't terribly mint, but I've got plenty of those. Got a really good deal on both of these. :)

I love those Space LEGO sets, they were my favorites from childhood. This past weekend my daughter and I were going through a big tub of random LEGO that I got at a garage sale a few years ago. There happened to be a few of the Space figures and pieces for sets. One of these days I'll have to try and see if I can pieces any of the sets together.

I love those Space LEGO sets, they were my favorites from childhood. This past weekend my daughter and I were going through a big tub of random LEGO that I got at a garage sale a few years ago. There happened to be a few of the Space figures and pieces for sets. One of these days I'll have to try and see if I can pieces any of the sets together.

Yeah, you really should! You might be surprised at what's in there. Check out brickset.com and browse through the Classic Space section - from there you can get piece lists, instructions, etc. If you need replacement parts Bricklink.com is good, but sellers rarely indicate if the parts of "vintage" or not (there are slight differences from modern bricks).

For some reason, nothing really screams "vintage" to me as much as my old Lego sets. They REALLY take me back to the old days, even more so than my GI Joes and Kenner SW figs. :)

Back