Vintage Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which is odd, because here in the UK the cartoon was very watered down. I think a lot of fighting footage was cut, and they weren't allowed to show Mikey using his nunchuks.

Also they weren't allowed to say 'ninja' either, hence we had the Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles.

Picked up these in Lexington, KY. The rub-on transfers are unused and complete. I love the photo of the kid on the front of the box. And the rubbing tool mentioned on the box is a Popsicle stick. :lol Gotta love the 70s.

The Space Alert game I had when I was a kid. This one comes with the box and instructions and it still works! First time I picked up one of these and played with it since I was about 10.

View attachment 211555
View attachment 211556
View attachment 211557

I love colorforms! I had a thundercats set that I was very fond of as a kid. Forgot all about it.

My small haul from a toy show last weekend:

vZbApyph.jpg

M.A.S.K., Silverhawks, Inhumanoids, and a naked Chewbacca.

Here's an oldie that no ALIEN collection is complete without. His evil brain still glows in the dark.

Attachments

• yyyy al 1.jpg
    yyyy al 1.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 144
  • yyyy al 2.jpg
    yyyy al 2.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 148
Wow there was a gap of nearly a year between the last 2 posts, why has this thread become so desolate does nobody buy vintage figures anymore? Ill admit I haven't bought a vintage toy for awhile as I don't have as much disposable cash as I did a few years ago but this thread was the original reason I joined the site.

Very happy to see this thread bumped again! I was also drawn to the forum by this thread. I was lurking a few years ago and I spent several days on my commute to and from work just reading the posts from start to finish and checking out the pics with the goods. It was especially fun reading when there was a group that was working on completing their loose Star Wars vintage collection. It inspired me to finish off mine, although now I'm on the (very passive) lookout for upgraded figures and weapons. I know I have to replace a repro gun for the Death Star Gunner and I have a dot nose on my anakin and Barada. I recently bought some wall display cases for my loose collection and will post pics when I get them up and filled.

I'm also in the process of getting my basement display organized with my collection, vintage and sixth scale, but it's been hard to complete with two kids that apparently need to be driven places, bathed, fed, etc. I've officially been working on it for 6 months. I have some of my carded collection on display and I pulled out some of my other vintage stuff out earlier tonight after seeing this thread bump and I hope it will inspire me to finish the collection display. I will attempt to post pictures shortly...

And while I'm talking about the collection... I still need a carded Power Droid 20/21 back and a carded Boba Fett on either a Star Wars or ESB card. The Fett would have to be graded 75+. (eBay prices have gotten ridiculous and I have never seen them at a con). PM me if you have one to sell.

You've got a nice carded collection. That's something I always wanted, but prices have gone through the roof the last couple years.

Thanks Darth Waller. Yeah, the prices have taken off but always seem to ebb and flow with the new movies and hoopla. Plus the nostalgic collectors are at a point in life where they have more disposable income. Luckily I assembled most of it several years ago. The prices make me debate whether I need a Boba Fett in my first 21 collection or whether I stick with the first 20. He was obviously on a SW cardback but never in the movie (at least the version that I recognize as Ep. IV) so I go back and forth on it. I picked up my 12-back Vader when I was going through a divorce so in my mind I only paid for half of it! :lol

For probably the first time ever, I'm going to say "TO HECK WITH THE TOYS!" That Galaga/Ms. Pac-man tabletop arcade is GORGEOUS!

My vintage collecting has pretty much come to a halt as there just isn't as much out there that I'm chasing like I used to. I've cut back on some lines while just giving up on others, like vintage SW. I'm a bargain hunter and these days with the explosion of Pop Culture and social media platforms, it's getting harder and harder to find good deals.

My latest score was this 60's Frankenstein Monster-Nik:

18879190_356215964781416_7729442335242584064_n.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with that Intruder Commander, but he's pretty neat looking. Looks more like a Neanderthal toy of some sort. :)

I wonder if he was reused from some other line.

I'm not familiar with that Intruder Commander, but he's pretty neat looking. Looks more like a Neanderthal toy of some sort. :)

I wonder if he was reused from some other line.

Not to my knowledge, it was created to be the enemy of the adventure team right as the line was about to die, its supposed to be strong men from another planet, but yeah they look like midget cavemen with armor:lol Not the greatest design, I don't really even care for it myself, just bought it to go with my EE Land Commander.

kkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Attachments

• IMG_20180204_154210.jpg
    IMG_20180204_154210.jpg
    281.3 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_20180208_210509.jpg
    IMG_20180208_210509.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 84
Back