VANDERSTELT FOTR LITHOS AVAILABLE !

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Remarques

I've had several people asking me to take special requests for the remarques on the Collector's Editions.

I am not taking special requests, but if someone leaves a note in the Paypal message area ( not through email please! ) then I will see what I already have drawn in my remarque inventory. If they want say a remarque of Gandalf, and I happen to have a few Gandalf the grey's in my inventory at the time, then of course I will do my best to get that specific remarque in the shipment.

JV

I think this is a fair compromise and very kind of you to make this offer. I really hope it works best this way for everyone. Thanks, Jerry!

Jerry,

Is every remarque different? I noticed different style for Galadriel on the forum you just posted compared to the one someone else posted in this forum.:confused: Just curious because that'd be pretty cool to have a unique remarque for every litho.:D

Jerry,

Is every remarque different? I noticed different style for Galadriel on the forum you just posted compared to the one someone else posted in this forum.:confused: Just curious because that'd be pretty cool to have a unique remarque for every litho.:D

Hey Carb, thanks for the question:

Technically, every remarque is different! No one remarque is identical to the next. Some may look similar in appearance, because they derive from the same source. As I've said elsewhere, each remarque gets a slightly different treatment, because I cannot draw each one exactly the same even if I tried. So yes, they are each unique in that way!

JV

Re: Remarques

I've had several people asking me to take special requests for the remarques on the Collector's Editions.

I understand this. I also understand that some folks may not want to make a purchase if there is only a chance of getting a character or scene they are hoping for. The logistics of taking special requests would create chaos for me, but I do want to reiterate something I've said from the beginning.

When you use Paypal to make your purchase, there is a section of the payment window that has a message area: I suggest that folks go ahead and use this feature and make their DESIRED remarque known.

I am not taking special requests, but if someone leaves a note in the Paypal
message area ( not through email please! ) then I will see what I already have drawn in my remarque inventory. If they want say a remarque of Gandalf, and I happen to have a few Gandalf the grey's in my inventory at the time, then of course I will do my best to get that specific remarque in the shipment.

Does this help? My goal is to increase everyone chances of getting the remarque they desire! I can only do so much, but I figured this was a great way of expaining how to go about it!

JV

Jerry,

(above): NOTED

Have you done any ML and Fellbeasts (blackriders), Ringwraith on Steed, or a screaming battle cry Theoden King? Remarque style...

Also....Are the Lithos of a standard size framing size?

Last edited:
JV,

OMG!!!

I would buy a new litho of your interpretation off the "Escape off the Road" moment in a heartbeat!

The SSW plaque is probably one of my utmost favorites! hmmm... :idea

However, the hobbits are out of sequence.

What say you?

-WILL-

JV,

OMG!!!

I would buy a new litho of your interpretation off the "Escape off the Road" moment in a heartbeat!

The SSW plaque is probably one of my utmost favorites! hmmm... :idea

However, the hobbits are out of sequence.

What say you?

-WILL-

Theoden will not be a remarque option until TTT- Iam only remarquing characters that appear in FOTR. Size of the litho ( on my site ) is 24 x 30. Good for framing.
Escape off the road is a possibility in one of my remarquing sessions.... but no gaurantee :cool:

JV

Theoden will not be a remarque option until TTT- Iam only remarquing characters that appear in FOTR. Size of the litho ( on my site ) is 24 x 30. Good for framing.
Escape off the road is a possibility in one of my remarquing sessions.... but no gaurantee :cool:

JV

You read my mind! :D

But would you consider doing a Lithograph version of "The Escape off the Road"?

I'm sure the members of the board would love to own one!

Oh as a litho? Well, it depends on if I get the time to do "offshoot lithos" as I would call them. If I do, I have others in mind first!

JV

Picture014.jpg

Picture022.jpg

Now comes the tough part....deciding which one to keep :confused:

Yeah, thats a tough one. Why not keep'em both?

I like the wraith better, personally. But the Balrog more popular. But I'd keep the one people would pay more for later, just in case. :D

It's probably just me being so incredibly impatient (I can't wait to get mine, the others look so freaking cool! :rock), but I haven't received mine yet. I'm guessing shipping to Europe will take a bit longer, but I've heard of people from the UK already having theirs.

Is there any way to track the shipment of my litho? :confused:

Nice matte and frame Woodsy. I am going opposite of what you are using: Blue outside with the baige lining. The frame has a bit of wear to it and slight gold highlights.

I'll post pics when it's ready which should be before the 24th.

Last edited:
Yeah, thats a tough one. Why not keep'em both?

I like the wraith better, personally. But the Balrog more popular. But I'd keep the one people would pay more for later, just in case. :D

Yeah....decisions, decisions. Absolutely two of my favorite characters.The shot of the wraith turned out really well, but I've got to take a better picture of the Balrog, it actually looks much better in person.

Nice matte and frame Woodsy. I am going opposite of what you are using: Blue ourtside with the baige lining. The frame has a bit of wear to it and slight gold highlights.

I'll post pics when it's ready which should be before the 24th.

Thanks, I'll post photo's of mine as well. I'm going to use the same frame and top matte for all 3 litho's, only changing the 2nd matte of each litho to correspond with the color theme of the litho's [blue, green or red]. I really liked the top matte as it really brings out the color of the middle-earth map and since I figure that map will also be present in the other 2 litho's it will really help tie the 3 litho's together. The frame, though really expensive, has a parchment look to it which really goes well with the parchment look of the litho itself.

My only complaint's about this litho are the lack of a decent-sized border [a framer's nightmare!] and the clutter at the bottom of the print. Having the words "Limited Edition Litho" under the number, and the word "Artist" under Jerry's signature are unnecessary and distracting. As is having the New Line copyright wording located just under the image itself on the left side of the print. That should have been located much lower down on the print where it would be covered by the matting.

Thanks, I'll post photo's of mine as well. I'm going to use the same frame and top matte for all 3 litho's, only changing the 2nd matte of each litho to correspond with the color theme of the litho's [blue, green or red]. I really liked the top matte as it really brings out the color of the middle-earth map and since I figure that map will also be present in the other 2 litho's it will really help tie the 3 litho's together. The frame, though really expensive, has a parchment look to it which really goes well with the parchment look of the litho itself.

My only complaint's about this litho are the lack of a decent-sized border [a framer's nightmare!] and the clutter at the bottom of the print. Having the words "Limited Edition Litho" under the number, and the word "Artist" under Jerry's signature are unnecessary and distracting. As is having the New Line copyright wording located just under the image itself on the left side of the print. That should have been located much lower down on the print where it would be covered by the matting.

I went with the blue as the top matte since you have that white border that, like you said, is a nightmare to work around. You have images or shadows very close to the edge of the print. Both baige and blue mattes have patterns to them but I felt the blue was stronger.

The logic I used to decide the style of matting (working from within the print) was to go from the dark colors of the picture, to the white of the print, then transition to a baige matte, to finally back to blue on the outside matte. I don't plan to keep a restricting theme with all 3 prints. Whatever plays against the strenghts of the picture is what I'll choose. That goes for both the frame and the matte. If TTT print has a lot of Rohan motif then an old style frame will be my choice. We'll see. Either way, I am very excited about these and can't wait to get my print back.

Guys as you do these framings let me know. The folks need an idea of price as it's going to be an x-mas gift.

Unfortunately, it will be expensive to get this litho framed properly. You will want the framer to use an acid-free foam core backing and acid-free matte's[between 1 and 3 depending on your taste and which colors in the print you want to draw out or accentuate]. Under no circumstances let the framer use a cardboard backing. Cardboard is highly acidic and it will ruin your print. The frames themselves greatly vary in price [as you will soon find out] and it is truly a case of "you get what you pay for". If you are not willing to spend the necessary money on a good quality frame, chances are you will get one that is cheap looking. Lastly, you can go with regular glass or you can go with one of many types of non-glare glass. They too vary greatly in price, depending on the quality, but the good stuff will allow you to use up to 3 matte's on your print with no visual distortion whatsoever. You will also get ultra-violet protection from non-glare and it is something I would highly recommend, if you can afford it.
Expect to pay anywhere from about $150-$300 depending on the options you choose.

My matting/framing is costing a mint ($480-$500). But I'm having it triple matted -- dark blue suede first layer, second layer is light gold/amber (to pick up the gold throughout the litho), then outer matting is another dark blue textured. Non-glare conservation glass, acid-free foam core. To take care of the nightmare at the bottom, I'm having the mat go onto the actual artwork at the bottom then having cut outs for the remarque, title, and edition size/autograph (ergo, the reason for the triple mat). The frame itself is very similar to SolidLiquidFox's (in fact, I almost picked that very one), but a bit lighter with hints of gold tones in the wood. All I can say is it's a good thing these will probably only be coming out once a year. My hubby has offered to pay for half of it as a Christmas present. I guess he won't have to rack his brains for a present for me for the next 2 Christmases.

Back