Vader's Helmet Too Small - Will it be Adjusted?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At first, I thought his grill was too wide. But after viewing those comparison pics, I now know why the SS Vader bothers me. The eyes are a bit too close together and the cheeks are definitely not wide enough. I don't mind that he's all black. I actually prefer that over the costume reproduction, since if Vader actually existed, he would be all black.

Sorry to weigh in with the negative crowd, but yeah I can see problems too. The eyes just don't have the detail--they look too "toy-like" in the photos--I can see almost no difference there in the Hasbro 12 inch, and that ain't good! The bottom grill isn't slanted right, and the widow's peak isn't accurate. Still it's vader and a very good vader. Olaf obviously has put in the time on it. But let's put this in perspective. If I wanted a nice Vader I'd go buy a Hasbro 12"--in fact I have. I probably have 90% of the Vader figures ever made by Hasbro--big Vader fan. But this is $300 we're talking about folks! This SHOULD be an as accurate as possible Vader! All those seemingly nitpicky things that I could forgive with a $20-40 figure take on a much greater importance at that price range. Sure if you're a casual fan, this does look like a nice Vader statue-figure and yes it will look great in a collection. Someone definately won't have trouble mistaking him for Chewbacca that's for sure. But for the price I really do expect more and Sideshow should notice the nitpicky stuff. They are making a "premium" figure here. Not "just another nice Vader statue". Like someone said, it does have that ROTS Vader vibe to it, not the ANH look it should have. I was really let down seeing some of those last shots and really hope the final product did go through some changes.

To sum up--nice Vader, will look good on display. Worth the money? IMO, only if money is not a concern or you're just looking for a good Vader statue for display. Not an accurate museum quality statue--which is what I thought was the intention of the PF format all along.

At the moment, I give it a B, maybe a B+

Back