UPDATED- Hot Toys – MIS11 - 1/6th scale Bruce Lee Collectible Figure (In Suit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine arrived today. It's sitting out of the box on my bed now. At the end of the day I'll look it over, see what's what.

Mine arrived on Monday and after a quick check to see everything was in order (which it was) they went back in their boxes. 1) I'm waiting for my new display case to arrive 2) damn weiner kids cramp my dolly time 3) my initial reaction is kinda meh. I do think they'll grow on me, and I think part of my disappointment is due to me having picked up both of the MIS figures when one would've satisfied.

Let's go Rory, you're up! :impatient:

I'm a little underwhelmed by this set to be honest. I haven't gotten around to photographing it yet. I guess its because I got the DX04. The Casual and the EB GOD sets. But..hmm, hate saying this, it feels a bit cheap? If you just get this and none of the other smiling BLs I'm sure you would be very happy with it. The directors chair IS too big though I have to say.
:dunno

Mine arrived on Monday and after a quick check to see everything was in order (which it was) they went back in their boxes. 1) I'm waiting for my new display case to arrive 2) damn weiner kids cramp my dolly time 3) my initial reaction is kinda meh. I do think they'll grow on me, and I think part of my disappointment is due to me having picked up both of the MIS figures when one would've satisfied.

Exactly Lejuan.
:exactly:

I'm a little underwhelmed by this set to be honest. I haven't gotten around to photographing it yet. I guess its because I got the DX04. The Casual and the EB GOD sets. But..hmm, hate saying this, it feels a bit cheap? If you just get this and none of the other smiling BLs I'm sure you would be very happy with it. The directors chair IS too big though I have to say.
:dunno

Well that kills my buzz for it's arrival for today :thud:

Just kidding, I'm adding him just to have him basically & b/c he is cheap. He'll be a prop in the back ground to my other BL's that I have displayed just like Casual Bruce who is making himself useful holding the camera and filming the EB GOD figure :lol

Well that kills my buzz for it's arrival for today :thud:

Just kidding, I'm adding him just to have him basically & b/c he is cheap. He'll be a prop in the back ground to my other BL's that I have displayed just like Casual Bruce who is making himself useful holding the camera and filming the EB GOD figure :lol

Sorry!
:slap
:1-1:

I'm trying to keep my BL collection lower and not add o it but since this is an ETD outfit if I were to get one over the other I'd get this one over the casual though the casual is more interesting looking.

I have the head from the casual and think it's cool though.

Finally unpacked this figure and looked him over. My overall reaction would best be summed up by saying...............meh.

I'm not impressed at all, but tbh I wasn't expecting to be since I have the Casual Bruce and had an opportunity to see this same sculpt in hand, as well as the same sunglasses, which come with both sets.

The sculpt is fine, I don't have much of an issue with it since mine arrived undamaged. In the likeness department I don't think it's great, but it's good. The paint is good, not great, but that's what I'd expect at this price point. However, it doesn't hold a candle to a recently released smiling sculpt by a competitor like some have claimed.

What really irks me about this figure is what's supposed to be it's strength > the suit. Simply put, it's cheap!

The quality of the material of the pants is awful, and they are much too long. Idk what material they used but it feels extremely thin, I fear it would tear if I tried to bend the knees a lot to do some posing. If you extend the legs straight and adjust the pants, they mop the floor like a swiffer. It's an absolutely terrible tailor job for a suit.

The coat seems much better quality than the pants, and the tailor job here was well done. The vest is also well done, however Hot Toys opted to use those cheap, plastic snap on buttons again, which I hate. They are so fragile it's ridiculous. I wouldn't unbutton this vest again if you paid me, I only did so to inspect the white shirt underneath. And no surprise, the quality of the white shirt is cheap too. Very thin material, probably used by Hot Toys assuming nobody would inspect it.

The chair I'm 50/50 on. I can see why some complained about it being too high, but that's how it's designed so I won't knock it for that. The quality is good, what drives me crazy are the 2 silver clasps on the bottom front & rear. These clasps are designed to be set straight across to extend the chair properly, however they have a ton of spring and almost refuse to stay put, they either pop up or down. Getting them situated is a pain in the ass.

So that's about all you get with this package plus a stand and a few alternate hands. Even though this is on the low end of the spectrum for 1/6 figures I still think this set is over priced at nearly $160 + shipping. If I wasn't such an OCD Bruce Lee complete-ist I'd have this boxed and for sale immediately.

I expect more from this company than what I've seen in this line. The Hot Toys strategy of giving us the same 2 sculpts, shades, and a chair with each figure is weak. If this is going to be the norm for what we can expect from Hot Toys wrt to this line of Bruce Lee figures than I hope they just let Enterbay do Bruce Lee, b/c this is not even a competition at the moment.

017-12.jpg

022-10.jpg

025-7.jpg

028edit.jpg

Last edited:
ouch, some harsh reviews for this figure
....glad I only went with casual Bruce.

I think a lot of it has to do with 2 things though:

1) For people who have bought both, since its the same sculpt there is going to be zero wow factor on the 2nd arrival

2) Some of the people not liking this have just received the Enterbay GoD set and are comparing a $150 figure with a $300 figure.

3) Looks like some collectors have been spoiled.

Well that kills my buzz for it's arrival next week. :thud:

Uh, pass it on.

I did see a pic where the chair was too big, but I'm now guessing it must be the clasps possibly collapsed allowing the seat to spread wider. There's nothing wrong with the height. That is a specific style of directors chair. Different from the one in the EB set in that it has a foot rest.

Until next week I'll just keep pressing :ignore:

WTF. Dave! DAVE! This button aint working.

Back