UPDATED- Hot Toys – MIS11 - 1/6th scale Bruce Lee Collectible Figure (In Suit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not feeling too excited by it either. I was very excited when it was first shown and when I ordered, I thought it was the most realistic and lively figure I'd ever seen, but now I've for some reason lost that excitement (and not because of in-hand pictures, those I think match what was initially shown). I think it's perhaps because of the Enterbay final smiling head, which I didn't see until later. I realise different smiles/scenes/times/etc, but just in general I think I personally prefer EB's head and seeing it has kind of paled HT's for me.

My HT suit version should be here by Friday, I'm thinking, not long.

^^^ From the in-hand pics, the EB Smiling sculpt looks like it has pumpkin-on-a-toothpick-syndrome. The HTs seems more proportionate as long as the giraff neck is properly futzed with the shirt and tie. Just my opinion tho'

Yeah I think HT's is much better, but it was also done by arnie kim. The enterbay BD head looks a little better to me now than before but still I think both GOD heads are too big

Thanks for the warm welcome, I don't think the giraffe neck thing is a problem for me, i just play around with the neck itself

And here's a couple more i did for fun

the last one was super hard:cuckoo:

awesome pics! which hs is this one from?

Thanks hehateme23~ Mine's EB's ETD Ver. A, the 1st batch that came with Chinese Opera makeup lol....looks alright when viewed under natural sunlight, but under white light, that foundation just pops....
%252BP1090453%2528wm25%2525%2529.jpg

I have to say that these are the figures I am least excited about this year - I got the shipping notice last week and was like, 'meh'.

Thanks Lejuan~ That's exactly how I felt too when I received notice to pick him up. They're good figures no doubt but somehow my anticipation is higher for EB's GOD, probably becos I've already received the casual Bruce earlier on.

I'm not feeling too excited by it either. I was very excited when it was first shown and when I ordered, I thought it was the most realistic and lively figure I'd ever seen, but now I've for some reason lost that excitement (and not because of in-hand pictures, those I think match what was initially shown). I think it's perhaps because of the Enterbay final smiling head, which I didn't see until later. I realise different smiles/scenes/times/etc, but just in general I think I personally prefer EB's head and seeing it has kind of paled HT's for me.

Based on pics so far, funnily I like EB's smiling head a little more too, HT's Bruce while done very nicely, can sometimes look 'sinister' when viewed from certain angles, probably due to how they painted the eyebrows I suspect.

Thanks GungFu~

Here's my attempt again..........with armrest support.....:peace

Yeah ! Now we are talking side kick pictures !!! Thank you so much for your great efforts Aeumuse !

(I probably should not tell you guys this but I have seen a few pictures of Bruce having to use an armrest support on a chair behind him and even using an assistant who is bent over - during his static side kick pose scene in "Enter the Dragon" where he is holding out his right leg extended to the side and he says "Outside....." to Bob Wall [probably because of pain from his back injury] - so the armrest support is valid in my book !)

Love the 2 finger pushup shot~:rock

Yeah ! Great idea !

thanks guys,

@aeumuse, loving your fantastic lighting and your nice clean background, how do you go about doing those shots?

Yeah ! Now we are talking side kick pictures !!! Thank you so much for your great efforts Aeumuse !

(I probably should not tell you guys this but I have seen a few pictures of Bruce having to use an armrest support on a chair behind him and even using an assistant who is bent over - during his static side kick pose scene in "Enter the Dragon" where he is holding out his right leg extended to the side and he says "Outside....." to Bob Wall [probably because of pain from his back injury] - so the armrest support is valid in my book !)

Yeah ! Great idea !

Glad fellow collectors enjoy these snaps & thanks for that info., I can now display Bruce with armrest support in confidence~ :lol

thanks guys,

@aeumuse, loving your fantastic lighting and your nice clean background, how do you go about doing those shots?

Thanks for the compliment Joel~

My simple setup is basically the black cardboard paper, 2 table lamps with cool daylights bulbs diffused by tracing paper, LX3 on a stand under aperture mode & manual focus........& since I'm an amateur, may I add, lots of trial shots to choose my favourites from :eek:

Back