UPDATED- Hot Toys – MIS11 - 1/6th scale Bruce Lee Collectible Figure (In Suit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MIS11 - 1/6th scale Bruce Lee Collectible Figure (In Suit)

I think it's so lame how they do 2 separate figures just because it has 2 different outfits and accessories.

They have the same head sculpt and most likely the same body. I'm just wondering why can't they just do 1 figure with both suit and casual wear and the accessories in 1 box rather than 2 separate figure in 2 separate box.

Even Barney Ross has 2 different Changeable outfit in 1 box.

To recoup the money spent in hiring Arnie :monkey1

So I was right when I though this suit is the same suit Bruce wore in "Enter the Dragon":

EnterSuitFigureAndReal.jpg

Shoulder area of the suit needs more definition :lecture

Time for a Kato update :lol

Hopefully the hair piece can come off, so we can swap it with the hair that come with the DX for it to be accurate.

I appreciate the In Suit version much more than the 70's casual wear. They would have sold more if the 70's casual was just an accessory pack.

So I was right when I though this suit is the same suit Bruce wore in "Enter the Dragon":

EnterSuitFigureAndReal.jpg

Did he wear this suit in one of the scene of the movie ETD or just behind the scene?:cuckoo:

Sorry, I already forgot some scenes in ETD haha! :lol

I don't think the hair piece comes off because this does not come with a PERS right? So no reason to take the hair off.

Did he wear this suit in one of the scene of the movie ETD or just behind the scene?:cuckoo:

Sorry, I already forgot some scenes in ETD haha! :lol

Hey Jayveeeusebio,

Actually Bruce wore this suit in two scenes in ETD.

The first scene is of Mr. Lee's (Bruce's character in ETD) visit to Mr. Braithwaite's place where he is presented with his task to go to Han's Island to “bust up Mr. Han’s [drug and sex trafficking] operation”, and he is shown film footage of Mr. Han, his bodyguard O'hara etc. - and being offered a drink twice in which he replies: "No thanks....":

Enter-The-Dragon0030.JPEG

Enter-The-Dragon0037.JPEG

Enter-The-Dragon0039.JPEG

The second scene is the visit to the graveyard where Mr. Lee pays respect to his mother and sister, and asks for forgiveness in what he is about to do:

Enter-The-Dragon0067.JPEG

Enter-The-Dragon0068.JPEG

The smiling picture I posted was in between of the filming, as he did not smile in that graveyard scene.

Screen caps credit: https://www.movieimages.org

Hey Jayveeeusebio,

Actually Bruce wore this suit in two scenes in ETD.

The first scene is of Mr. Lee's (Bruce's character in ETD) visit to Mr. Braithwaite's place where he is presented with his task to go to Han's Island to “bust up Mr. Han’s [drug and sex trafficking] operation”, and he is shown film footage of Mr. Han, his bodyguard O'hara etc. - and being offered a drink twice in which he replies: "No thanks....":

The second scene is the visit to the graveyard where Mr. Lee pays respect to his mother and sister, and asks for forgiveness in what he is about to do:

The smiling picture I posted was in between of the filming, as he did not smile in that graveyard scene.

Ohh now I get it. So this Suit Version HT just released is somewhat a great complement to the DX version in kinda way cause as you said it's also included in a film.:monkey3

Now I'm torn if I'm gonna PO the Suit Version now that I know that this version was included in the film to complement my upcoming DX version, dammet haha! :gah:

Btw, did the Casual Version also used in one of his films? :dunno

I've said it once, I'll say it again - GungFu, you da man with the hot pics :clap

Thanks for the update Wookster!

*One (1) right palm with thumb up
*One (1) right palm with V sign

:yess:

Btw, did the Casual Version also used in one of his films? :dunno

The Casual Version clothing was never used in any of his movies. The blue open string shirt, trousers, belt bucket and shoes - with sun glasses and beach chair -is from a photo shoot Bruce did on a boat that was docked on the pier in Hong Kong (next to famous Hong Kong Ocean Terminal car park) for self promotion article in the Golden Harvest movie company magazine "Golden Movie News".

PromoGoldenMovienews23OutFitShoesChair.jpg
PromoGoldenMovienews23OutFitChairb.jpg

Same photo shoot with the same clothing (probably on the same day) was also done on top of the Ocean Terminal Car Park in front of Marco Polo Hotel with actress Nora Miao - and he also changed to a light beige suit (not the same as in ETD) to do some further promo pictures with Nora Miao, Maria Yi and his own house boy Wu Nga. He even had his own red Mercedes in those Ocean Terminal shots. By the way, I am not sure if the boat pictures or the Ocean Terminal pictures was done first...

PromoGoldenMovieNewsMerchedesOceanTerminal.jpg

I have also seen Bruce wearing the open string shirt in other occasions (more personal). As Lejuan has mentioned Bruce was also a very cool dresser !

I've said it once, I'll say it again - GungFu, you da man with the hot pics :clap

I am very happy that Arnie and Hot Toys have decided to enclose the "V" sign hand as I e-mailed Arnie about this the other day with some added suggestions. Bruce often used to do that "V" hand sign in many photos - as a peace sign - and it is kind of a signature (Americanised) expression of himself in many ways for that time (he sometimes also used to write "Peace, Love and Brotherhood" with his signature). Not sure if it was added because of me though...
tongue.gif

Thanx for the thumbs up LeJuan
smiley.gif

Holy crap! I had so wished the 'V for victory/peace sign' would be included!
Is this for both versions or just the suited version !?

Last edited:
Now we need a Cha Cha Cha dancing Bruce Lee and we are set:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0Xi94SWHI3M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

@GungFu: Wow, haven't seen those photos till now! :horror Those are the pics of BL you rarely see, you must been a die-hard BL fan don't you?! Very nice. :clap Thanks for all the info you shared re: that suit & casual dress. Now I know the history behind the figures. Appreciate it bro! :1-1: Salamat! (means "thank you" in our native language here in the Phil.) :)

@GungFu: Wow, haven't seen those photos till now! :horror Those are the pics of BL you rarely see, you must been a die-hard BL fan don't you?! Very nice. :clap Thanks for all the info you shared re: that suit & casual dress. Now I know the history behind the figures. Appreciate it bro! :1-1: Salamat! (means "thank you" in our native language here in the Phil.) :)

Hello Javyeeeusebio, and salamat to you too for your kind feedback to my post
smiley.gif
Yes, you are absolutely right: I am a devoted Bruce Lee.

I wonder if this figure would display a nice side kick on one foot. Something like this:

Bruce-WuNganoceanterminal.jpg

By the way, this is the beige suit Bruce was wearing for the promo picture shoot on the Ocean Terminal car park (probably taking place at the same day as the "causal wear" shoot on the docked boat). He is kicking his in real life servant (or "house boy" as they called it back then) and trusted family friend Wu Nga.

Back