UPDATED- Hot Toys – MIS11 - 1/6th scale Bruce Lee Collectible Figure (In Suit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^ Ooohhh, that's where they got the kicking pose..nice!

Dear Jayveeeusebio, they might have gotten inspired by this picture, but this is not the exact one as the position of the hand, etc. is not the same - and the suit is different.

Here is another nice shot of Bruce at the Ocean Terminal car park (notice the silver bracelet, which is also seen in the Casual Wear inspired photos of Bruce on the boat):

browseor9_damdorang.jpg

I wonder why Hot Toys choose the brown ETD suit and not this beige suit. Maybe it is because the ETD suit has more characteristic details and they wanted to separate this release more from the "casual wear" version. My reason for preferring the beige suit is that I did mention to Arnie to do Bruce in a suit some years ago, plus I some kicking photos on the Ocean Terminal when I was in HK the first time I was there and I was also wearing a beige suit and tie.

By the way, I am hoping that they will add a cool detail of a slight boot cut on the trousers of the ETD suit as it was the fashionable “in”-thing back then, which I suggested to Arnie some days ago. Not sure if he is going to do this though…

Dear Jayveeeusebio, they might have gotten inspired by this picture, but this is not the exact one as the position of the hand, etc. is not the same - and the suit is different.

Here is another nice shot of Bruce at the Ocean Terminal car park (notice the silver bracelet, which is also seen in the Casual Wear inspired photos of Bruce on the boat):

I wonder why Hot Toys choose the brown ETD suit and not this beige suit. Maybe it is because the ETD suit has more characteristic details and they wanted to separate this release more from the "casual wear" version. My reason for preferring the beige suit is that I did mention to Arnie to do Bruce in a suit some years ago, plus I some kicking photos on the Ocean Terminal when I was in HK the first time I was there and I was also wearing a beige suit and tie.

By the way, I am hoping that they will add a cool detail of a slight boot cut on the trousers of the ETD suit as it was the fashionable “in”-thing back then, which I suggested to Arnie some days ago. Not sure if he is going to do this though…

Oh I see. Very keen eyes bro..nice! Good point. So you're the one who suggested to Anie to make this kind of BL figure? You must've been very close to him or something..I wonder.:cuckoo: Nice suggestion cause a lot of BL fans are pumped-up when they saw these iconic figs from BL himself w/c is very un-usual to see. :clap Hmm the brown color is fine for me as long as they fit the suit perfectly to his muscle body cause in the protoype pics, it looks like the suit is large for him. :cuckoo:

I am not going to take credit for this at all Jayveeeusebio as I only suggested it briefly some years ago that it would have been cool if he did a Ocean Terminal suit version of Bruce. So I am not sure if he at that time took much notice of my suggestion or if he maybe had this plan already, or maybe HT or someone else came up with this cool idea of a non-movie related release. It would have been cool to find out though how they came up with the plan and what is the thought behind it. And by the way, I do not know Arnie Kim that personally, but he knows who I am and we have communicated briefly over the years (even before he did started working for Enterbay)
smiley.gif

I am not going to take credit for this at all Jayveeeusebio as I only suggested it briefly some years ago that it would have been cool if he did a Ocean Terminal suit version of Bruce. So I am not sure if he at that time took much notice of my suggestion or if he maybe had this plan already, or maybe HT or someone else came up with this cool idea of a non-movie related release. It would have been cool to find out though how they came up with the plan and what is the thought behind it. And by the way, I do not know Arnie Kim that personally, but he knows who I am and we have communicated briefly over the years (even before he did started working for Enterbay)
smiley.gif

..Or maybe he got this great idea from you, we never know unless they let us know how they come-up w/ this plan of releasing a iconic (suit) version of BL. :monkey1 Ohh, it must have been a long time I see.

Thanks for sharing that experience.:wave

Probably they were going to put him in a toga or a space suit before one of them stopped and said, 'Hey, wait a minute, I remember receiving this one email three or four years ago, it seems like a dream now, but what this one guy suggested was...'

They most certainly had your email tacked to a bulletin board next to reference photos, I would wager that that was all the direction they were given.

smiley.gif

GungFu - any chance you could post Arnie a message and suggest including the jeet kune do medallion necklace that he always wore ?

So many backstage and offset pics show him wearing this when shirtless.
Although it isn't technically part of either costume it'd be so cool to have it included for when we display 'casual Bruce' shirtless....and a gold necklace must be the cheapest possible accessory to add...

Would be awesome if Hot Toys could include this with both casual figures!

Last edited:
That's a great idea SAB ! Do you want me to say who this idea is from, or should I just say that people on this forum have been talking about it ?
smiley.gif

Gung Fu, maybe its a bit taxing on you and maybe Arnie wont like it, but PLEASE request him to keep doing more Bruce Lee for HT to produce, and to push HT to make more Bruce Lees. Also it would be great if he would like to sell some privately like Rainman and other great Korean customisers do!

Owning an Arnie custom Bruce Lee is a DREAM!

That's a great idea SAB ! Do you want me to say who this idea is from, or should I just say that people on this forum have been talking about it ?
smiley.gif

Thanks! That'd be awesome if you could give him the suggestion!

Feel free to tell him its your idea, or this forums, anything you want.
I don't need credit...just the necklace medallion LOL :D

Hey Axecutioner18, I know for a fact that Arnie is reminded about this daily now by others who are fan of his work, and I think it is up to HT to push on Arnie, and make sure they have the proper licences, etc. Regarding private customs figures I really do not know much about this, so you have to contact Arnie directly about this. Send me a pm with your request and I will forward your message to him.

Hey SAB, I just forwarded your JKD medalion idea on his Facebook wall
smiley.gif

You will all be terribly interested to know that I, a stranger to all, have just pre-ordered this. Normally I don't pre-order things so early but my preferred stores sold out of the HT ETD during pre-order and so I worried that the same might happen here.

The Suit version was just released, but who care! I want Superman!!!

I thought I should reply on this message from the "casual wear" tread and place it here in the right tread
smiley.gif

Thanx for the heads up OMG ! I just saw two eBay sellers with "in stock" listings, and here are the first pictures of the final "In Suit" figure that has just been posted by UGRX on Toy-world:

11052700301e3a6ca90698b91b.jpg

11052700304dec8bab5183cba7.jpg

11052700304c42c862baa48b65.jpg

1105270030acd3a0569664bfd8.jpg

110527003018cfe56b9d3ca663.jpg

1105270030906f509dd178c245.jpg

110527003085bb3cab06bfd314.jpg

Hopefully more pictures will turn up !

Back