UPDATED Dyed Rayon cape NOW AVAILABLE thread & Hero template capes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: UPDATE: 9/13/11 ORDER Custom Batman cape with actual Hero Template used in the fi

Will that be the new 'Hero' template Mor (short one)? I went back and forth on which one to buy and Mag's Bats was my major reference. Finally after some research and getting clarification from Lance, I ordered one 'Hero' template. I am sure it will be perfect but would'nt it be great to have someone post two different pics of the Bats with both, long and short sized capes. I am sure it will be of a lot of help and great for reference purposes.

P.S.: The Xerowolf's Bat looks like the long one.

That cape is certainly more screen accurate than mine. :)

I made the label in the front.

That is the new green goblin base. I removed all the spiderman lettering and added my own.

Nice work. Looks great!

Re: UPDATE: 9/13/11 ORDER Custom Batman cape with actual Hero Template used in the fi

Can the guys who got Lance's custom capes quickly answer me this before I deface my batman, do the cape clips need to be trimmed in order to lay flat against the suit? Right now they protrude and you can see a lot of peg. i cant seem to push them in further.?

I used a nail file to file down the pegs and make them a bit thinner so that I could push them down further and not have them protrude so much. Easy couple minutes work that isn't as drastic as trimming them down.

Hope that helps.

I didn't put any holes in mine. I just let the cape hang on the pegs since there was a slit and neck hole cut with it.

some pics with lforigno cape
DSCN3161.jpg

DSCN3154.jpg

DSCN3144.jpg

Thanks guys for the tips. I just bit the bullet and went ahead and did it. sanded down the clips so they lie flush with the suit. glad i did because now i can enjoy it! As always Lances capes totally make these figures. it's crazy to think they don't come out of the box like this!

I got mine this morning and it looks great! Thanks very much. :hi5:

Sexy cape =D

photo-2.jpg

photo1.jpg

I prefer the draped behind look as pictured above. I'm not that much of a fan for the over the shoulders look. It looks like Batman wrapped in a blanket down at the homeless shelter that way. He's much more badass looking when you can see his body.

Where do I stick the holes in?

I just got mines, how do u put it on? can someone do a step by step on how to put in on?

I got the velvet.

You just take off the head, line up the cape where you want it and use a pin to poke starter holes into the cape. Then you can slide the pegs through the holes into the suit. Hardest part is getting the pegs into the suit, but that has nothing to do with the cape itself. Hope that helps :)

You just take off the head, line up the cape where you want it and use a pin to poke starter holes into the cape. Then you can slide the pegs through the holes into the suit. Hardest part is getting the pegs into the suit, but that has nothing to do with the cape itself. Hope that helps :)

I had such a grippingly hard time getting one of my pegs snapped into the female end of the snaps. I was literally pushing it so hard my hands were shaking. Also that little triangle peg can start hurting your thumb. I was elated when I finally heard the click of success.

the guy sell us a $35 cape with no instruction on how to put in on?!?!? :dunno

I can take a shot at it but What if I mess up? Is he going to send me a replacment? I think he should have some kind of instruction on how to put in on...the cape have no holes.

the guy sell us a $35 cape with no instruction on how to put in on?!?!? :dunno

I can take a shot at it but What if I mess up? Is he going to send me a replacment? I think he should have some kind of instruction on how to put in on...the cape have no holes.

It's super easy...took me five minutes. Like I said, all you have to do is place the cape where you want it on the headless body, poke holes throught the cape into the female end of the cape holders on the suit. then stick the peg through :)

the cape is very easy to put on and should need no instruction. Simply take the head sculpt off the body but leave the long neck adapter in and put the cape over the neck adapter. Than put the head back on the long neck adapter and you are done. You could either take the capes clips and push them through the cape or you could just push them through and not have the holes go through the cape. Finally you could also go for the more accurate route and remove the cape clips and either tape them or glue them to the correct positioning of the cowl.

okay thanks guys i got the cape on. The cape drapes pretty nice on batman. Much better then the hot toys one. Also the cut is pretty clean. lforigno did a great job. If anyone thinking about getting one go for it...it will make ur batman look so much better.

Last edited:

Well initially I wasn't sure where to put holes in. Because I saw some tiny slits on the inner cut of the area where the head goes through. So I naturally thought I should put it there and let it hang.

Then I realized and forgot that the pegs don't go fully in so it was not possible to keep it there. And sure enough after some period of time it did kinda stretch slightly due to the weight and how the fabric drapes.

So I put tinier peg holes for it about half a cm away from the slits and used those.

Now I have those pegs holding down the cloak along with the front part of the neck area just clutching onto the neck peg inside so it doesn't really go anywhere.

6315444087_d4a538d8e5_b.jpg

6315444009_12c762251f_b.jpg

6315444179_2a9239a07a_b.jpg

Now I have those pegs holding down the cloak along with the front part of the neck area just clutching onto the neck peg inside so it doesn't really go anywhere.

6315444087_d4a538d8e5_b.jpg

6315444009_12c762251f_b.jpg

6315444179_2a9239a07a_b.jpg

And that's how it's done! Looks great!

Back