UPDATED Dyed Rayon cape NOW AVAILABLE thread & Hero template capes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: UPDATE: 9/13/11 ORDER Custom Batman cape with actual Hero Template used in the fi

the cape is very easy to put on and should need no instruction. Simply take the head sculpt off the body but leave the long neck adapter in and put the cape over the neck adapter. Than put the head back on the long neck adapter and you are done. You could either take the capes clips and push them through the cape or you could just push them through and not have the holes go through the cape. Finally you could also go for the more accurate route and remove the cape clips and either tape them or glue them to the correct positioning of the cowl.

I have a feeling I will end up doing that. I'm taking my time to get used to the idea of permanently modifying the figure.

At that time I will most likely trip the bottom of the cowl off as well, but the idea is pretty damn scary. :panic:

6315444179_2a9239a07a_b.jpg

That turned out very nice. :)

Re: UPDATE: 9/13/11 ORDER Custom Batman cape with actual Hero Template used in the fi

So I got my first Hot Toys Batman last week (the bruce wayne ex)and found this thread, I soooo want one of these bada$$ capes. I just sent you a pm.....

Got mine today! :yess: Boy! Does it look, feel, and weigh Awesome! Guess I'll go with the long one as well in sometime. Thanks a lot Lance!

Got the cape this morning, now to put it on... without the clips. :S
Any tip guys? Should I try taping it to under the head of Batman and then snapping the head on?

Anyone else having a hard time taking out the neck adapter inside the cowl head sculpt?

I basically have to place my cape between the bottom of the neck and the actual body

I recived my cape on friday ive been playing around with my cape hooks to get the look I want.Lance you made a awsome cape I love it my batman looks like he came out of the movie thank you so much.Ill post pics this weekened.

Just got mine today and it is great. Thanks Lance!

Apologise if this has been answered earlier.

I have the short cape and was thinking of getting the long one as well. Question: Can I use the short one with DX02/TDK Bats? Or are they different, any advice would be much appreciated. Thanx! :wave

Any capes designed for Batman Begins figures will not work on TDK figures (unless you did some modifying/cutting). The Begins capes fit around the neck, whereas the TDK capes stuff in behind the chest armor.

so have there been any pics of lforigno's new hero template capes? if so, I guess I'm not seeing any real difference, which I guess goes to show how good Lance's original capes were

Are you still making these lforigno?

After a Rayon material one :)

Last edited:

Just a heads up. I have enough rayon material for 2 capes. I will make the hero cape rayon for 30 dollars shipped and the velvet hero capes are 25 dollars shipped. Thanks

Re: UPDATE: 2/25/12 ORDER Custom Batman cape with actual Hero Template used in the fi

I have tdk batman what cape fits him? And how can I get it?

Re: UPDATE: 2/25/12 ORDER Custom Batman cape with actual Hero Template used in the fi

I do not recall what maglor was referring to but I will say that the original cape I made was based off the takara cape template. I changed it as I progressed along. I know make longer capes as well as the hero template capes which are cape with the design of the actual cape in the movie with very subtle scallops and specific length.

Do you have pictures of the rayon cap on a hot toys fig (begins and tdk) I think I bought the older velvet of your eBay store.

Back