*UPDATE* PAINTED FINISHED-Pg 10 -1/6 Starkiller-Sam Witwer Sculpt

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: WIP UPDATE! 1st Post! 1/6 Starkiller-Sam Witwer Sculpt(s)-Interest Thread

I'm on spring break vacation :D

But I also have a few midterms the week I get back so it will be a while before I can get back to work on it unfortunately :(

sorry for no updates

Oh, a vacation, how nice for you! :lol

Hope you can enjoy it before those midterms. :)

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to seeing how your Starkiller sculpt turns out! (eventually) :lol

After viewed your masterpiece.....I really feel like piece of _____.....really thank you :D

After viewed your masterpiece.....I really feel like piece of _____.....really thank you :D

:lol I feel the same way. I started pointing out what I thought looked wrong about Gippetto's sculpt on the other page, but then I tried to sculpt Starkiller myself, and now Gippetto's sculpt is looking better and better to me the longer I look at those pictures... :lol

I'm realizing now that the sculpt is a much better likeness then I had thought before. Fingers crossed mine ends up looking as much like Starkiller as this sculpt does!

haha thanks elar! I had no intent on making you feel that way though :wink1:

But you say masterpiece? lets hope so! haha this is only my second sculpt from scratch. I typically just do resculpts to Sideshows stuff. But i really feel that this Starkiller set I'm doing is really going to be some of my best work yet! :rock

:lol I feel the same way. I started pointing out what I thought looked wrong about Gippetto's sculpt on the other page, but then I tried to sculpt Starkiller myself, and now Gippetto's sculpt is looking better and better to me the longer I look at those pictures... :lol

I'm realizing now that the sculpt is a much better likeness then I had thought before. Fingers crossed mine ends up looking as much like Starkiller as this sculpt does!

Thanks buddy! but you were totally right previously with all your points and I believe I've fixed them :pray:
I adjusted the sculpt before I left for vacation as well as added the ears (no easy task mind you) but didn't want to take pics until I can get the hair on there.

But seriously, who would think ears would be so difficult? I thought about just making generic ears, but, like anything on anyone, his ears are different. But man, 5hrs on one ear, aprox 10hrs total! :slap am I stubborn or what? :lol

anyway hopefully next weekend (or maybe during the week) i may get the hair done :) just don't lose hope on me guys :1-1:

My God, only your second scratch sculpt? You must do a lot of resculpting work on Sideshow figures, he looks great! For me, Starkiller is my ninth scratch sculpt!

And yeah, I absolutely hate sculpting ears... :thud: I'm horribly inconsistent with them. I can *almost* sculpt a generic ear, but I can't do two ears that look the same and look realistic... I may end up spending as much if not more time on his ears than you did! :lol

Anyway I can't wait to see the updates man! :panic:

My God, only your second scratch sculpt? You must do a lot of resculpting work on Sideshow figures, he looks great! For me, Starkiller is my ninth scratch sculpt!

And yeah, I absolutely hate sculpting ears... :thud: I'm horribly inconsistent with them. I can *almost* sculpt a generic ear, but I can't do two ears that look the same and look realistic... I may end up spending as much if not more time on his ears than you did! :lol

Anyway I can't wait to see the updates man! :panic:

Yea DP, (and as funny as this may sound) I look at the ears on SSC's Captain Rex and how nice and sharp they look, man I envy the guy who makes ears like that :lol

But yep just my second from scratch head. I've done 3 other resculpts which are EPIII Obi-Wan, Sith Anakin and Legolas. I did a little sculpting on my Joker, but that was just applying the scars and hair line, nothing with the likeness. I want to resculpt or just repaint Boromir, but I like how he looks stock. Once I get Faramir though, he's definitely getting at least a repaint

But seriously, who would think ears would be so difficult? I thought about just making generic ears, but, like anything on anyone, his ears are different. But man, 5hrs on one ear, aprox 10hrs total! :slap am I stubborn or what? :lol
That is maybe reason, why Van Gogh cut his ear off :D :D

Can't wait to see more pics of this sculpt! The first 1's you posted look great

can't wait to see all the starkiller heads!!, oh im so excited!,might start just offering the body with costume as a set so fellow freaks!!, then all u have to do is get a great head sculpt from either Gipetto,The Dude Person or Unsung!, ok im off to pattern cut!!,lol,
Great progress so far Gipetto!

Can't wait to see more pics of this sculpt! The first 1's you posted look great
Thanks Filmgeek!
can't wait to see all the starkiller heads!!, oh im so excited!,might start just offering the body with costume as a set so fellow freaks!!, then all u have to do is get a great head sculpt from either Gipetto,The Dude Person or Unsung!, ok im off to pattern cut!!,lol,
Great progress so far Gipetto!

Jedi K, I was thinking of something similar especially for you international guys since I don't have paypal. Which is why I want to find a caster stateside, to make money transfer easier. Or we can go the route of just trading. Many of you guys here are great craftsman, and ya'll could make pieces of the version of starkiller that I hope to have. Someone can make the boots, armor gloves, cathode lightsabers, body and so on...

What do you guys think?

seems cool buddy, i mean the costume is pretty simple for me to make as a whole, the belts have to be spot glued at certain points for them to hold so offerin them as a seperate item is hard, i might just make a starkiller outfit kit and offer them so fellow freaks can own one.jus tryin to figure out a way to do this,tryin to find anda source for the belts rather then pleather as when u cut it thin it can rip easy. will keep u posted bro,defo!

Or im thinkin of jus makin the costume and whole figure i.e body and hands and offerin that so then we can have a headsculpt from u and then we have STARKILLER!!!, we shall see..keep u posted amigo!

Alright you guys here is a small update but one none the less as I feel you guys deserve one :) First, though, I must apologize for the long overdue update. Right when I thought I would have time to work on this a tragedy in our family happened. My first dog that I've had for almost 12 years now recently passed from multiple back to back seizures. She was a big part of our family and it has been quite difficult on us. I thought the sculpt would be done by now but things just keeps getting worse and I just haven't really felt like doing anything.

But back to the matter of the sculpt. The face is done. no more tweaks to it. Possibly a little smoothing but it is done. Eyes have been corrected, wrinkles, cheek bones. I had both the ears but I really didn't like the way they looked so I just started over. the right ear is really giving me trouble, but I will get it right. as soon as that ear is done, the hair will be added and we will have our first sculpt.

Also, I'm in talks with a fellow board member about casting for this project so if all goes well, we may be able to get this off the ground and into ya'lls hands.
there are multiple pics as similar angles but in different light just to pic up on details (hopefully)
here are the pics....
WIPSK9.jpg

WIPSK10.jpg

WIPSK11.jpg

WIPSK12.jpg

WIPSK14.jpg

WIPSK15.jpg

WIPSK16.jpg

WIPSK17.jpg

WIPSK18.jpg

Last edited:

Getting better and better. I love watching projects like this evolve and grow.

Sorry to hear about your dog man.... I can totally relate to the whole dog friend thing. I dont know what I would do with out ours :(

Re: *UPDATE*Page 6-Post #53! 1/6 Starkiller-Sam Witwer Sculpt(s)-Interest Thread

Updates look fantastic!

Sorry to hear about your dog, always rough loss.

Re: *UPDATE*Page 6-Post #53! 1/6 Starkiller-Sam Witwer Sculpt(s)-Interest Thread

Sorry to hear about the loss of man`s best friend, always hits hard as thy are so much apart of the family.

As for the headsculpt that is fantastic and great sculpting skills you have.

Very sorry to hear about the news of your family member, I have a dog who is turning 10 this year and I seriously don't know how I'll handle it when he goes.

Your sculpt is looking great so far! The only advise I have is that the ear is perhaps a little too far back. Can't wait to see more!

Good eye. Definitely way to far back.

Sorry about your pup G. :(

hey guys thanks for the kind words. They really mean a lot! seriously! :1-1:

and you guys are right about the ear. I thought it was a it off but b/c of this guys huge defining jaw I was like "meh maybe its just the way he is." but I rescaled my pics with one of the reference pics I had and saw the difference (among other things), it's about roughly an 1/8 of an inch off. hopefully I can just move the ear without having to resculpt it, b/c man are ears tough! :lol
But again thanks for the feedback guys! there should be another update sometime this week. :pray:

At second look, it's not quite a far back as I was thinking. It is too far back, but it might also be a little low.

Back