*UPDATE* PAINTED FINISHED-Pg 10 -1/6 Starkiller-Sam Witwer Sculpt

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Starkiller-Sam Witwer Sculpt(s)-Interest Thread

it was jus a suggestion bout eyes,cool jus make it normal,wud be easier, don't knw why people are gettin silly,gippetto u the man i hav faith!!

it was jus a suggestion bout eyes,cool jus make it normal,wud be easier, don't knw why people are gettin silly,

Hey buddy no harm done :1-1:

Definitely a great suggestion, I wish I would be able to do that, but it just requires a bit more work, and like I said before, most likely a bit more costly at that for me and you guys.

gippetto u the man i hav faith!!
Thanks for the faith man! this is definitely going to be a great project my friend!

I'm actually about to start on it again and if a good amount of progress is made, expect some pics tonight :)

I´d like one too, please.

id deff be in!! but one thing is how easy the costume would be to bash.
im not too savy on weathering/ customizing parts.

id deff be in!! but one thing is how easy the costume would be to bash.
im not too savy on weathering/ customizing parts.

I think Jedi Kashan was working on the costume at one point - I think he said the head-sculpting was the only part of the kit he was making that was giving him trouble.

Perhaps you could get a head from Gipetto and the rest from Jedi Kashan at some point... :huh

Re: WIP UPDATE! 1st Post! 1/6 Starkiller-Sam Witwer Sculpt(s)-Interest Thread

WIP sculpt in the first post guys! go check it out!

First post update is amazing, makes me want one. Due to the bad quality photos (your words, I call them good!) I just guess he needs some wrinkle cream. He looks a bit like a strong midfourty, give him some flat, fair, cleaner, altogether younger skin. That'll all. Rest is, again as said, amazing and already to me more than a RC, he's a RTM.

Amazing!!! You are doing a superb job. I can't wait to see him finished. Wow I am just in Aw. You sir are truly talented.

Gipetto, you are truly talented indeed! :clap

however, I'm a critic of everything...

So I think the likeness is DEFINITELY there... I know this is only a WIP, however he looks kind of like the Clone Wars cartoon... His face looks too blocky IMO... it just looks too wide, and the cranium seems too flat...

And I think the left eye is bigger and higher than the right....

:huh don't mean to sound offensive, that's just my two cents...

The eye thing could be a result of the faceplant, I dunno, but I just think the proportions need some work. (EDIT: After looking at the pics again, the proportions aren't really all that bad, it's just hard to tell without him having a cranium. Guess you just haven't sculpted that part of him yet!)

You really captured his essence though! :clap

I think this will be an amazing sculpt when you're done with it! :)

Last edited:

Gipetto0812
That sculpt is off to a Great start. Like the brow and mouth, really captures the pictures you showed.

First post update is amazing, makes me want one. Due to the bad quality photos (your words, I call them good!) I just guess he needs some wrinkle cream. He looks a bit like a strong midfourty, give him some flat, fair, cleaner, altogether younger skin. That'll all. Rest is, again as said, amazing and already to me more than a RC, he's a RTM.

Thanks for the kind words! where are the wrinkles you speak of? I know of the ones above his brow but that's b/c of the angry/intense look I gave him. there may be some finger prints on there :lol

but thanks again, maybe my eyes were just too tired to notice. I'll try to make him look the proper age :)

Amazing!!! You are doing a superb job. I can't wait to see him finished. Wow I am just in Aw. You sir are truly talented.

Thanks so much Andre! means a lot buddy! :1-1:

Gipetto, you are truly talented indeed! :clap

however, I'm a critic of everything...

So I think the likeness is DEFINITELY there... However he looks kind of like the Clone Wars cartoon... His face looks too blocky IMO... The face is too wide and the cranium too flat...

And I think the left eye is bigger and higher than the right....

:huh don't mean to sound offensive, that's just my two cents...

The eye thing could be a result of the faceplant, I dunno, but I just think the proportions need some work.

You really captured his essence though! :clap

with a little sprucing up, I think this could be an amazing sculpt! :)

I couldn't agree more with most of what you said there DP. I'm assuming when you say left eye, you mean literal left eye and not "looking at the pic" left. In that case it is higher and more accurate than the right eye. It's not an issue from the faceplant as I started completely over from scratch, but it definitely more of a challenge to do the literal right side (left looking at the pic) being right handed.

Face looking wide, at least from comparison of in hand and pics is just the camera's fault. Just as the nose looks bigger b/c of the lighting, I think the same effect is happening with how wide it looks. i.e. camera distortion.

Cranium definitely not right, but I haven't worked on the overall head, just the face. if I showed the profile of the sculpt, it looks like the head it pushing itself out of the clay, (kind of cool when you think about it), but the overall shape of the head will be dealt with when I start doing the hair. He has a bit of a nice circular round shape to his head. the hair will definitely show it when I do it

Blockiness, yep there is some :) again something that needs sorting but will be taken care of.

I appreciate all your points DP! after hours of working it's hard to differentiate certain aspects, especially finer details. ANd no offense taken! The only way to get better is by having someone critique your work. Trust me, in my architectural juries I've been told much worse :lol Thanks man! :hi5:
Gipetto0812
That sculpt is off to a Great start. Like the brow and mouth, really captures the pictures you showed.

thanks big guy! the mouth is probably one of the hardest aspects of this guy. still needs some fine tuning, but it's pretty close to as accurate as I think I'm going to get. And the brow was a bit of a tough decision since I want to also make the screaming sculpt. Didn't know if it should be more relaxed, but in the end for those that only want one sculpt (if the project gets off the ground) I think the intense would show off his character pretty well

Man I cant wait for this to get done! I cant stop looking at the sculpt! you are so awesome gipetto!

AWESOME buddy!!! I'm very glad you tackled this buddy. I've seen several threads before requesting this guy but no one would make one. So, just like you mentioned, my kitbash is using the damn prison break guy. Glad you're doing this man!

It looks great so far.

Looked again at the pics and I think the wrinkles around the mouth and nose keep me thinking of an higher age.
And yes, a fingerprint on a 1/6 can make a face look old ... :rotfl

I always wanted a Starkiller figure, so please count me in for one!

Hey Gippetto, any progress on this guy yet? Or have you been too busy? :huh

Back