Unpopular movie or tv show opinions

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thread title sez "unpopular movie opinion". :dunno

your opinion on T:G counts....its a valid opinion.

oh, you had one for T1 too...but i dont think you were serious with that one, probably **** stirring...i be damned if you were serious with that one though.

thanks for the lolz.:wave

I don't understand why you would take the time to post that. Besides, I laugh at your posts daily.

I don't understand why you would take the time to post that. Besides, I laugh at your posts daily.

thank you? :dunno

are you trying to make me blush?
tumblr_lntqogO3S81qiq2nq.gif

the hobbit movies are garbage

Do people consider them crap enough as to disregard them from their personal ''head-canon''?

I wasn't offended by them but they did feel lacking in something compared to the LOTR films. There was a lot of visual beauty in them though.

That answers my question then.

I liked the LOTR films but I never became a massive fan so when the Hobbit movies faltered it wasn't a huge deal to me. I thought they were unnecessarily drawn out is all.

even Peter Jackson admits he didn't have time to properly do the third one... they were doing things on the spot. (They worked on a fight scene for days, only to throw it all in the trash and start all over again.

to me the Hobbit is really pretty much exactly like the Star Wars prequels. they give me the same feeling. even the visuals were similar.

The first Hobbit was kind of nice, but the other two were boring and pointless. (at least some scenes were completely pointless)

I understand the studio wanted 3 movies, but what I will never understand is why make them so long. what was the problem with making each movie 1 hour and a half. or 1 hour and 20 minutes. like a regular movie.

you can cut 30 minutes of each movie and it wouldn't make any difference whatsoever

Do people consider them crap enough as to disregard them from their personal ''head-canon''?

I wasn't offended by them but they did feel lacking in something compared to the LOTR films. There was a lot of visual beauty in them though.

I saw the first one. I've never bothered with the others. I wish I was wiser with the Star Wars Prequels. Being oblivious to AotC and RotS would make my already pleasant life even better.

I watched the extended edition of AUJ last night, and I think it's the most I've enjoyed a Hobbit movie.

Sure the CGI looks fake fairly often, Azog especially. But I think AUJ is a real step above the others mainly because it's the only film in the trilogy that's Bilbo-centric. Martin Freeman is the best thing about this trilogy without a doubt for me.

All through watching it, I enjoyed a few of the extra scenes (mainly character moments for Bilbo). Especially the scene where Bilbo is walking around Rivendell... why wasn't that in the theatrical cut? :ohbfrank: It fits in a lot better than some of the overlong action scenes.

That said, this one does have the most plot of the three, and as a result the action scenes weren't as interminable-feeling as the ones in Desolation of Smaug. DOS is a chase movie and BOTFA is a war movie, and they don't have a huge amount of plot - mostly subplots and distractions and bloat. This is the only Hobbit film where Bilbo has a real character arc, the others are too busy being focused on Gandalf, the other dwarfs, Tauriel and borin' Thorin.

AUJ was always my favourite of the three movies, and the EE has affirmed this for me. All this movie needs is a haircut, maybe down into a 80-90 minute segment of a 3 hour film. I hope there's a good fan edit out there, because there's a genuinely great movie (in AUJ at least) in there among the bloat and fluff.

even Peter Jackson admits he didn't have time to properly do the third one... they were doing things on the spot. (They worked on a fight scene for days, only to throw it all in the trash and start all over again.

Since learning that, it makes more sense to me how the dragon fight at the end of Desolation of Smaug doesn't make any sense... literally Peter Jackson making **** up on the spot. No wonder it's bat**** insane.

to me the Hobbit is really pretty much exactly like the Star Wars prequels. they give me the same feeling. even the visuals were similar.

This is an interesting point that lots of people seem to make...

My view on this is that the Hobbit movies share a lot of the issues that made the PT inferior to the OT - weaker (overblown, drawn out) story, overuse/over-reliance on CGI. But there's a lot more craft in the Hobbit trilogy than in the PT. There are details and character beats that make the Hobbit trilogy superior by far IMO. At least Bilbo is a likeable protagonist and not a weird robotic space alien that seems dead inside.

The first Hobbit was kind of nice, but the other two were boring and pointless. (at least some scenes were completely pointless)

I understand the studio wanted 3 movies, but what I will never understand is why make them so long. what was the problem with making each movie 1 hour and a half. or 1 hour and 20 minutes. like a regular movie.

you can cut 30 minutes of each movie and it wouldn't make any difference whatsoever

Yep... the main problem this trilogy has is how much it is drawn-out. All it needed was more time in the editing room and no studio pressure or deluded 'need' to make it into a trilogy.

I liked the Hobbit...... sure it was to long in parts.... but there were some really great moments. I wish they made all the dwarfs in 3 3/4 inch.... I would have bought them.

Overall, Wyatt Earp is better than Tombstone. If it weren't for Val Kilmer -- who was a slightly better Holliday than Dennis Quaid -- it wouldn't even be a close call.

SnakeDoc

Breaking Bad isn't as good as everyone makes out. I'm not denying it's great since it is, but after going through the show once... I never felt any desire to do it again.

Great? It's barely good :lol

It's as overrated as the main actor leading the show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back