Tyler Durden Red Sunglasses Project CANCELLED! Request refund now

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Petition:Tyler Durden Red Sunglasses.

If anyone's looking for a decent pair of sunglasses for their Tyler I have a pair for sale here (just scroll down). They're not 100% accurate, but I think they look pretty good!

A glimmer of hope.
Will know more info if this is possible tomorrow so I'll keep you guys updated.

Keeps finger crossed...

kdo181.jpg

4goppk.jpg

2eluo8w.jpg

Last edited:

Put me on the list, I'd be interested

add me ;)

I really hope we can get this done and achieve the same level of quality as the ones Ray has

Lol, Neo, I was was starting to wonder if you weren't interested in getting the glasses. I figured you would be one of the top of the list.
You're added friend. :)

If the person I am waiting on confirms that they'll do it, in my honest opinion, I think they would nail it.

Lol, Neo, I was was starting to wonder if you weren't interested in getting the glasses. I figured you would be one of the top of the list.
You're added friend. :)
Ahah I just don't see the thread :D

I'm interested in a pair depending who is making them and how they turn out.

I'm interested in a pair depending who is making them and how they turn out.
Me too.
I looked into making these thru a friend of mine, getting them etched, but it seemed like it would have been a huge headache. I hope there is a reasonable solution.

Me too.
I looked into making these thru a friend of mine, getting them etched, but it seemed like it would have been a huge headache. I hope there is a reasonable solution.

Precisely, after talking to several sculptors including Rainman who reiterated that he had a hard time making those glasses, I was basically about to give up until I remembered Warriors Gate Productions. Well folks, the GREAT FREAKiNG NEWS is they will do it:yess:

For those who are not familiar with Warriors Gate Productions, they do 3D Printing. They sculpt via computer, then it gets printed. So since its done with computer, the details are very precise, and they are not as limited when it comes to the size of the object.
Heres a sample of their work.
aayi36.gif

24fwy3b.jpg

5sq3l.jpg

142xbaq.jpg

23mv903.jpg

fucot0.jpg

2ev3les.jpg

5al7op.png

Since I really want this project started, I am gonna go ahead and pick up the cost of getting it sculpted.
Now, normally since 3D printing is still in its early stage, printing is usually not cheap, as the 3d product still needs to be molded then cast.
But I believe their price is very very reasonable. They will do it for $25 each. Plus add $5 for shipping which includes multiples.

Now, when it get printed, it will be printed like the clear catwoman fingers sample but it will be transparent red. So you will still be responsible in painting the silver part so you can do it yourself or send it to your favorite friendly neighborhood painter.
I really think we're very fortunate as I have talked to numerous customizers and they all said no. And for those who have a Tyler Durden figure, I just feel it is imcomplete without his signature Oliver People's OP 523 shades.

The other great news is that he said the turnaround for this would be pretty fast. Only a couple of weeks to have the proto made, then maybe 1 to 1.5 month for final. Now of course, this is not set in stone as their may still be issues that may occur. But barring that, its not gonna be a long project.

So folks, for those already on the list, if you want to pass, let me know, and if you're not on the list, let me know if you want to be added so I can update it. :)

Last edited:

nice. put me down for 2.

be sure the sunglasses are modeled with the proper curve to the lenses, many make the mistake that they are flat. :duff
3875287298_b9048c1fe6.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back