Trevor Grove's Firefly Sculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good MS. Always enjoy seeing the figures that pop up here. If you don't mind I have suggestion for a better, more screen accurate belt. Take a look at eBay item #271022371948, A German Rommel leather belt. It's a very close match to the one Mal wears.

Old Grandpa

Thanks for the tip OG! I will check it out.

Hey MS. I forgot to mention, if you decide to go with the Rommel belt, you're going to want to hit it with some Ox Blood shoe polish to redden it up a bit. That way it will be a close match to Stevo's holster, which I hit with some Brown shoe polish to kill some of the red.

Old Grandpa

Hey MS. I forgot to mention, if you decide to go with the Rommel belt, you're going to want to hit it with some Ox Blood shoe polish to redden it up a bit. That way it will be a close match to Stevo's holster, which I hit with some Brown shoe polish to kill some of the red.

Old Grandpa

Much appreciated!! :hi5:

Wanted to show off my new Book shirt. Star Puffs made this for me, and take my word for it, it's fantastic. This is the one piece I've been missing from my Book figure. Thank you Victoria, my Book is now finished. Don't ask, she's not going to make anymore.

sundaypix029.jpg

sundaypix026.jpg

This is what he'll look like sitting on the shelf, wearing his cloak as he appears in the opening of the Firefly pilot.

sundaypix032.jpg

Thanks again Victoria.

Old Grandpa

Thanks Shammy. The coat is a Confederate black Greatcoat from Battle Gear Toys, #WST-GC-920-05 AT $14.95. I replaced the gold buttons with black ones. The coat in the Pilot had rather large buttons on the outer cape,and smaller on the inner coat.

Old Grandpa

Star Puffs, that Wash is amazing, nice job on that jumpsuit. That is crazy good work.

OG, in my book, your Book is top notch, and I'm diggin' the overcoat look.

Simon's head has just arrived.....oh boy oh boy oh boy. :) Pretty excited to finish him up.

Carbo, I must be behind the power curve on this. What are you talking about with Trev? Did something happen?

Old Grandpa

Trevor is taking a temporary break from this board due to a run in with a former board member. I don't know anymore details than that, but Trevor did say he will be back and you can also IM him still.

I have no idea what someone could take issue with Trevor about but I have my suspicions. Over the years here I have found that each of the sculptors that have come around here (Trevor, Andy, Oluf, and Tim Miller) have all been extraordinarily gracious. Trevor especially so. Without fail we get some asswipe that has to open his pie hole and start some crap. These folks have taken an obscure nerdy past time and elevated it to an art and yet they have to suffer criticisms from fanboys that think they deserve absolute perfection from their PC in mommy's basement. I wish before someone opens their mouth they should go on ebay and buy some old Hasbro figures and stand them next to modern figures. Then take the Hasbro figure and stick it in a bodily orifice.

The deal was that someone was most likely recasting some of his work and selling on eBay

It's OK for him to take a good break from it though, I don't know how he managed to do all the Sideshow work plus his own projects and be able to manage doing casting and mailing things out to people, that would kill me.

Yeah, he was getting burnt out anyway on side projects and then this jerk situation popped up.

DV, any chance you'll offer Vera castings anytime soon? :stick

Yeah, he was getting burnt out anyway on side projects and then this jerk situation popped up.

DV, any chance you'll offer Vera castings anytime soon? :stick

The 3D printer I bought should arrive hopefully next month sometime, I'll test a print of it and hopefully it will have the quality I need for Vera

Otherwise I'm not sure there's an option--the place I used to print the Mal pistols increased their prices---not that it was really possible there anyways, Vera was much more expensive to print than the pistol. But if I can print it myself it'll be much cheaper.

Trevor is taking a temporary break from this board due to a run in with a former board member. I don't know anymore details than that, but Trevor did say he will be back and you can also IM him still.

Good news, I was afraid it was something serious. Trev has been so great to us, glad he's OK health wise.

Old Grandpa

The 3D printer I bought should arrive hopefully next month sometime, I'll test a print of it and hopefully it will have the quality I need for Vera

Otherwise I'm not sure there's an option--the place I used to print the Mal pistols increased their prices---not that it was really possible there anyways, Vera was much more expensive to print than the pistol. But if I can print it myself it'll be much cheaper.

Hey DV, this is good to hear. I was afraid the project had died. So glad to hear it's still active. I'm still in the market for 2 guns.

Old Grandpa

Trevor has been an inspiration and given us all his artistic talent with the heads he has developed and shared. I for one want to wish him the best.......

Back