1/6 Toys Era - The Ock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really love how they made the tentacles on this... but damn, is the figure really that short? Looks the same height as the Tom Holland Spideys, and the Maguire one is taller than those.

Molina is 6'2 so should be towering over all of them.

Really love how they made the tentacles on this... but damn, is the figure really that short? Looks the same height as the Tom Holland Spideys, and the Maguire one is taller than those.

Yes that's a brilliantly simple solution for the tentacle design, making it cheap to produce for them while providing us maximum flexibility in terms of tentacle length combinations. He does seem short, but the pants look baggy enough that adding ankle extensions shouldn't be a problem. Swapping in a longer pair of pants is also an option - they're pretty much completely hidden by the trench coat anyway.

Out of everything, I think I'm most excited to see him in his "googles". :rotfl

To be fair, Hot Toys has been creeping up the sizes of their figures. It is notable especially with the Iron Man/Male figures, as they are averaging closer to 13" now. The newest captain america figures are at least half to 3/4 an inch taller than my older ones.

Wow! I’m really excited to get this one now. Tentacles look awesome. Ball joints were a good idea. He will always have his goggles on for me but the sculpt is really pretty good.

Overall an amazing looking third party figure.

It is amazing for 3rd party...

But man, Doc Ock has been working out.

Love the little details, like the stitching in back (if that's accurate) and the tentacles. I wonder how hard he'll be to pose with those 4 arms and no stand?

Once the height is corrected (and maybe those donut-sized buttons), this figure can easily fit in with a HT display.

Cool thing about those tentacles is you could buy some parted out ones to make them extra long if you want.

I do kinda wish he came with a fedora though, as I thought that was a cool look.

a36bffbd896c2b8ca8bc558053cd0599.jpg

Cool thing about those tentacles is you could buy some parted out ones to make them extra long if you want.

I do kinda wish he came with a fedora though, as I thought that was a cool look.

Good idea about getting parted out tentacles. I actually bought a fedora already. :D Hopefully it fits.

Called it on the ball-joints! Definitely the most cost effective solution- design one segment and then duplicate as many times as required. As I don’t own a 1/6 Spidey yet I won’t mind this being a little short but I’ve got a pair of ankle extenders at the ready just in case. A dad-bod would be more suitable but it’s no biggy really.
This all bodes well for their Green Goblin figure and hopefully a nice, affordable Raimi Spidey will be in the works too! However, I’m expecting Sandman next from TE and then- please, let all our prayers be answered and bestow upon us a Mr J. Jonah Jameson Jr!

Anyone plan to do a body swap? Not that necessary if you keep the coat closed but I was thinking of a more ?substantial? body. Perhaps something like this?
7fb77b858898f93224962cd142268905.png

061cc6ada5a2139c56a6c057a461d728.png

He definitely needs some height if anything. The difference between 5?8? and 6?2? is significant.
75a10c7b96aa8126562f771914b13de8.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone plan to do a body swap? Not that necessary if you keep the coat closed but I was thinking of a more ?substantial? body. Perhaps something like this?
7fb77b858898f93224962cd142268905.png

061cc6ada5a2139c56a6c057a461d728.png

He definitely needs some height if anything. The difference between 5?8? and 6?2? is significant.
75a10c7b96aa8126562f771914b13de8.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah with the coat on its should be ok unless you want his body to show through then maybe a swap to a bigger torso. Not sure how the section that holds the tentacles will work with other body types.

For me the height is what bothers me the most. Do you guys think longer pegs will be enough?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My fear is adding longer ankle pegs while make the mechanical arms look small. Hope that?s not the case but won?t know until he arrives.

The head seems a bit on the smaller side too, so not sure if increasing the height would just make him look pinheaded...

I suppose if you have him on the flight stand though the height won't be as big an issue.

Yeah, without having the figure in hand it’s hard to say how much trouble a body swap will be. I agree with JBot on the tentacle harness not fitting on a fatter torso.

I do think adding ankle extenders is the way to go for more height. I don’t think it will make anything else on the figure look disproportionate by doing that.

Back