ThreeZero - 1/6 Game of Thrones - Arya Stark (S8)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_20210612_120558.jpg
got Arya today, she looks awesome

I just ordered Arya from BBTS. There doesn't seem to be much of a rush to preorder these, BBTS has most of the older releases still in stock.

Also just ordered one from BBTS. Too good to pass up, even though it'll probably still be available for some time like you said.

How long after release does BBTS usually get these figures in stock? Curious if anyone has preordered from them before.

So while I'm thrilled we got her it again proves my theory that the only ones they kill it on are the secondary characters. Giantsbane was AMAZING. This. Not so much. Which is sad as it was my most looked forward to one.

She was a bit too tall, the outfit was nice not perfect but did the trick and the giant feet, a three zero specialty really just was a major bummer. The portrait ay be better than the old Arya but I think they both suck. The paint did not do it any favors and I am not a fan of the half sculpted hair. it should have been all sculpted.

Here is my rework. Not the best photos I've taken. Almost a full repaint. I left the base of the skin but I added warmth and contouring all over it to bring out her likeness, eyes were modded, mouth and eyebrows completely redone. the back of the hair totally redone and the top, I placed hair over the sculpt to blend it in, a method I have done with other characters like Asmus' Elrond. the bun/braid at the back remains sculpted.

probably the most extreme mod was taking the old Arya's feet, cutting them down ands wrapping real leather coverings over them with custom buckles, repainted them. No more Ronald Mcdonald feet and it also fixed her height and shortened her up.

Only other mod was I slipped off the rubber seemless arm sleeves off her body. these come right off. then she can bend her arms properly.

Awesome improvement, Ray!

How you brought out that face is a real achievement -- looks just like her. And I'm totally impressed by what you've done with the boots, although I'm not sure I totally follow what you did... but the end result is seamless. Hairing the head also adds to the authenticity. Great work!!!

I'd love to see your old Arya and new Arya side-by-side... her evolution.

Thanks so much Wor! your praise always means the world. Great call on the Aryas I will post some pics of the old one as I reworked that again and have her side by side with the new one.

The boots are a bit tricky to explain haha

1 ) I cut the top lip of the old Arya feet so it fit flush with the bottom off the tall part of the plastic boot on the new one (they are two pieces)
2) I cut real leather wraps in the style of the sculpted ones on the new feet which thankfully covered the laces on the old feet, wrapped under the feet and around the back and I glued on a buckle and fed the strap though buckle the and resulted in them looking exactly like the sculpted feet. This part is like impossible to explain and it just took trial and error and fooling around.
3) I painted the feet and the leather wrap to match the top part of the plastic boot pieces and gave it white and brown paint specks to match the weathering

The result is they look identical only are a proper scale. I realize from my pics you can't really tell except for the one head-to-toe image of her holding out her sword.

Your upgrades are always astonishing, man. Love your paint work here. I didn't mind the pics of the initial head (I haven't received my figure in person yet), but after seeing what you've done, I'm starting to resent it!

Bravo, sir!

I still think the likeness is there on the figure, but Ray's photos prove that a repaint will go a long way in making this figure look stellar. ThreeZero really struggles with paint application, it's easily their biggest weakness. Hopefully they improve upon that as time passes, but who knows how long they'll keep this line going.

Great job on your Arya, Ray. I still want the figure, but I'll absolutely be sending it out for a repaint as I'm nowhere near talented enough to make it look that good. You have done incredible work.

Really? The wash maybe has made her face warmer than it was in the show -- she was very pale which can translate to youthful.

I just finished the entire series myself about 2 weeks ago, and I'd say her face gets much older by Season 8.

Tv9jPvp9Oe6x.jpg

Personally I would like to see someone do this to her...

game-of-thrones-arya-1558383066.jpg

Kick ass soldier Arya...

:D

I didn't think the figure looked bad when I saw the promos, but, Ray took it to where it should always have been. Perfection!

Threezero has an odd problem with their portraits in the fact that everything looks too flat. Both sculpt and paint it lacks dimension. like orbits and noses are too flat for many characters not deep enough and this is especially apparent in 3/4 or profile views. All of the shading and depth on the paint jobs are non existent too.

I always thought that their Fox Mulder for example was an ok portrait but suffered from not having enough dimension in the sculpt

their texturing and plastic material has improved a lot this is why I left the base texturing on Arya here. But It’s a bit too much and hot toys is more subtle but it’s passable

you can bring out a lot of dimension with paint. Luckily for Maise Williams she has a very flat face anyways so just the paint dimension helped bring out the likeness where she has very distinguishing characteristics like around her mouth and chin and underyes

I guess this came out in a small batch. BBTS has her for preorder and Amazon has her expected in September. Weird. I keep expecting the lion's share of this figure to hit ebay but not alot available.

Back