ThreeA - REAL STEEL - Midas 1/6th Collectible Figure [PRE-ORDER NOW]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOOT! Got the email with tracking for my Midas from Bambaland. Not sure how long it would take to be shipped to Canada (tracking seems to indicate it is shipped from Singapore...?) They declared a $40US value, so hopefully it will not get dinged by Canadian Customs....

Yeah I was worried when they did not mention him for a very long time. I am looking forward to when mine arrives :)

DeadLeaves - have you gotten your figure yet? My tracking has been stuck at "Handed over to Airline" for a week without any new updates... wondering what is going on....

Yep, got him last Thursday. I've been busy painting at home after work all week so I haven't had a good play with him yet. First impression is it's a really cool bot, nicely made.

Be careful though, the ball joints are insanely tight and the design makes it hard to manipulate them without putting pressure on some delicate parts.

I can't see it happening, (due to the painting) but if a can I'll take some pics this weekend.

Email Candy at 3A to find out what's goin on: [email protected]

Be careful though, the ball joints are insanely tight and the design makes it hard to manipulate them without putting pressure on some delicate parts.

Again? They looked really easy to move in the video above unlike Ambush.

They work free pretty nicely, but the ball joints were pretty tough at the start. Elbows, shoulders and knees are ratcheted.

It's better than him being a rag doll.:wink1:

They work free pretty nicely, but the ball joints were pretty tough at the start. Elbows, shoulders and knees are ratcheted.

It's better than him being a rag doll.:wink1:

Ah right i get you. I'll get the WD40 ready :lol ;)

DSC02854_zpscc5e8fcc.jpg

He is so awesome looking! I can't wait for mine to get here on Monday. :yess:

Even if you're joking, don't ever use WD-40 on a figure, you silly person.

You better head over to the 3A forum and tell the staff then. That's what they were telling people to use on the Ambush figure. They even did it to the one they had to test it. :lol

Wd-40 should be fine. I've heard of some issues with it and some materials but this suggestion came from ThreeA offices and has been tested there

Last edited:
You better head over to the 3A forum and tell the staff then. That's what they were telling people to use on the Ambush figure. They even did it to the one they had to test it. :lol

Was just some friendly advice bud :) Don't want to see you wreck your figure.

RC car lube is the safest way to lube any plastic joints if you're interested.

Was just some friendly advice bud :) Don't want to see you wreck your figure.
Yeah that would suck. :panic:

RC car lube is the safest way to lube any plastic joints if you're interested.

I'll get some of that the next time i'm at the RC shop. Thanks for the tip bud. :hi5:

Yeah that would suck. :panic:

I'll get some of that the next time i'm at the RC shop. Thanks for the tip bud. :hi5:

No prob mate, these 3A bots are teh expen$ive!!1! :lol

Side note, did your Ambush need lubrication? Just wondering, cause my one after the first 'crack' of the hip joints, was OK to move as long as you hold the surrounding parts. I don't follow any 3A news to be honest... :monkey3

Side note, did your Ambush need lubrication? Just wondering, cause my one after the first 'crack' of the hip joints, was OK to move as long as you hold the surrounding parts. I don't follow any 3A news to be honest... :monkey3

The hips were really stuck! i mean i couldn't get them moving at all even with heat. I sent SSC a message about it and they said use some WD40 but just drab a bit into the joints, while they go check one from their stock. They came back saying they had the same problem but with some force they got the legs moving. So anyway the bit of WD40 got mine working nice and after a few month there are no ill effects. I was covered by SSC just incase it was a problem.

Back