Thoughts on the first three SS DC PFs being Batman related?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm fine with it but I would have preferred Batman PF first, then Joker 2nd. As for Ivy, love her and POed but would have preferred Catwoman PF first. The Catwoman LSF is still a mystery to me since she would have been KILLER in PF form. Excited about Superman and Wonder Woman PFs but I don't have a problem with the Batman stuff coming first.

I'm fine with it but I would have preferred Batman PF first, then Joker 2nd. As for Ivy, love her and POed but would have preferred Catwoman PF first. The Catwoman LSF is still a mystery to me since she would have been KILLER in PF form. Excited about Superman and Wonder Woman PFs but I don't have a problem with the Batman stuff coming first.

Thing is since most iconic heroes are coming out together , our wallet is suffering. I guess some of us will have to pass a couple , always talking for the EX'S. I have already PO Poison Ivy and Batman is a MUST. I quess if we eventually c Superman Pf on SSCC its next. If they introduce W.WOMAN or even Supergirl i dont think ill be able to afford them all. Nobody expected so many MUST statues in such a short time. I d0nt know if i shall be happy :rotfl or sad...:(

So far I love Ivy, Love the Reg Joker but don't care for the EX and not sure about Batman yet but we'll see tomorrow.

I hope sideshow varies the DC pleasures but i'm a Batman fan first and foremost so either way I'm happy.

I think they are going to wait until the next superman movie comes out for most of the items they have planned to get the bal roling.

Yeah Bats is DC's biggest character as well as his supporting cast - without Bats would DC even be around? I'm not sure of the market share but I would guess Batman comcis outsell DC's other comics by a large number.

The 1st 3 PFs being Batman related is good and bad. Good because they're characters I continue to follow. Batman is the only DC character whose solo titles I read. He's in my top 5 favorite characters from anything. But it's bad because my wallet would prefer they came out over a longer stretch.

That said I read JLA on and off (currently on) so I'm ready to get some of those guys, but I'm also ready to skip a few characters I don't need or want. Aside from Superman who I'll get, let's do a few of his characters to let my finances breathe a little.

I am just happy the DC drought is over either way. Its been 12 months since Joker at SDCC last year and finally we have our next PF's on the horizon.

Bring them on!!!!!

I can see why it's all been Batman related as he is really IMO DC's Flagship character, some will argue it's Superman but to me Batman has always been the first superhero I think of when I think of DC.

But what I can't quite understand is why Poison Ivy was chosen so early.
I'm not upset as she looks awesome & will be in my collection but I'm still a bit confused that based on the raft of other characters in Bats universe that are much higher up the pecking order (Catwoman, Robin, Riddler etc.) they chose her.

It's nice to have her as she adds a bit of variety to the all male line up but you'd have thought Catwoman would be the first of the female villains...I know the other impending Catwoman release probably swayed their choice but still Ivy isn't really more important to have then any of the other's.

Neil

I think it makes sense given the popularity of the game and the movies that Batman characters would be more of a focus at this point. I can see it swinging around as the next lot of GL, Superman etc movies come through.

Plus for me personally I am pumped because Batman has some of the most interesting villains and given what we have seen of Joker and Ivy I cannot wait to get a rogues gallery going.

So anyone need a very well used Kidney at all?

The only problem with it is that my wallet won't get a breather.

So now that the first 3 Bat characters are pre-ordered, who do you want to see next?

It's a double edged sword. I'll be buying pretty much only Batman PF's, and I'm glad to see 3 amazing PF's already. On the other hand, I hope SS spaces out the Batman releases for space and monetary purposes. I'm anticipating buying Batman PF's for the next few years at least, so I hope they're not all released at once or SS neglects Bats releases for an extended period of time. I think it'd be great for both Marvel and DC fans if SS releases about 3 PF's from each major line each year.

I think it's superbly awesome great !
Now, bring more BATMAN related in PF forms :D
I want Mr. Freeze and Killer Croc !!!!!!!!!
Yeahhhhhhhhhh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can see why it's all been Batman related as he is really IMO DC's Flagship character, some will argue it's Superman but to me Batman has always been the first superhero I think of when I think of DC.

But what I can't quite understand is why Poison Ivy was chosen so early.
I'm not upset as she looks awesome & will be in my collection but I'm still a bit confused that based on the raft of other characters in Bats universe that are much higher up the pecking order (Catwoman, Robin, Riddler etc.) they chose her.

It's nice to have her as she adds a bit of variety to the all male line up but you'd have thought Catwoman would be the first of the female villains...I know the other impending Catwoman release probably swayed their choice but still Ivy isn't really more important to have then any of the other's.

Neil

Batman usually has more monthly comics than Superman and dominates in any non comic book media in every way as far as overall exposure. Batman is #1.

But for being higher on the pecking order, the mix of popular and fairly popular characters allows longevity. Do Ivy now because they know you'll be waiting for Catwoman, and if Catwoman takes a few years they know you'll see other stuff you'll have to get while waiting. And of course the mix gives wallets breathing room to pass what you don't need, save for what you do need, and not be burnt out.

Look at Marvel. Storm is one of Marvel's most popular females, yet Ms.Marvel, while important in comics, is far less known overall and was made first. They make Spider-Woman before way more popular characters like Phoenix, Magneto, Blade, Loki, Ghost Rider, Daredevil, Beast, etc. And fans will wait until they happen. DC will be no different. It'll be years before many popular DC characters get made and a few lesser known characters will happen first along the way.

Back