This is getting ridiculous (Hobbit Statues...)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WinterSoldierUSA

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
This has probably been asked numerous times already but has anyone heard ANYTHING about the Hobbit line from Sideshow? Has the LOTR line stopped selling for them or something? One would think that statue versions of Bilbo/Thorin/Azog would be a GIVEN but after the announcement of the license there has been NOTHING from Sideshow. Perhaps we'll hear something finally with the upcoming release of "Desolation of Smaug" in a few months. I'm keeping my LAST remaining shelf clear for a Hobbit display but the collector inside me is losing patience :)

Other than the weta line for hobbit statutes
we have nothing and like every one else waiting
sideshow is sleeping on this line for reasons unknown
and it sux
bring on the hobbit pieces we are waiting for

We should see something at SDCC, and they are likely holding back stuff until then. Hopefully we see multiple pieces because if its just one, eh. My math is that you have almost a year from first reveal to in hand product which puts anything SS makes as coming out well after Part 2. Seems the boat has sailed a bit on this.

My math is that you have almost a year from first reveal to in hand product which puts anything SS makes as coming out well after Part 2. Seems the boat has sailed a bit on this.

Also,I'm sure I read somewhere that Battle of Five Armies is coming out in the summer of next year,rather than the winter....if this does happen then there is a possibility we won't have a product in hand until the trilogy is nearly over :(

You got that backwards. There and Back Again was originally planned for the summer, but got pushed back to december.

There and Back Again? That's what they were gonna call part 2 right? (when it was just gonna be two films).

No I'm sure I remember seeing the scheduled release dates for ALL THREE films....DOS was December 2013,then BOFA was Summer 2014...just can't remember where I read it,dang :slap

Film 2 is called The Desolation of Smaug and film three is now at There and Back Again. Film 2 is this December with film 3 is next December. Trust me on this.

Last edited:
Film 2 is called The Desolation of Smaug and film three is now at There and Back Again. Film 2 is this December with film 3 is next December. Trust me on this.

Does the Necromancer play more of a role in the latter part of the story?

Right, next two Decembers we get new movies. I figure at this point there is no way SS gets product out before The Desolation of Smaug if they announce at SDCC. Although they could surprise us with a quick announce-release schedule. But given that we have no Shaak Ti or Darth Malgus PFs yet, and aren't going to have them until after this year's SDCC - eh I don't know.

Last edited:
I don't know why anyone is at all surprised by the lack of communication from Sideshow. Be it new lines like the Hobbit or death of old/short lived lines like the Disney PF or the near death or at least very slow trickle of LOTR.

If you want constant new stuff coming, you need to collect Marvel/Star Wars or DC, that's clearly Sideshows focus now days.

As for the Hobbit, I never expected to really see or hear all that much (or anything at all) until SDCC. Good news is, thats not far away now.

Remember this? It's from last December....

Announcement-The-Hobbit.jpg

SS is slow with everything and they are leaving money on the table. I keep referring to the EU and Old Republic statues they are doing. I mean stuff like this is spur of the moment purchase material. I have Malgus on pre-order and have never played the game. He just looks cool. But when they have more than a year between pre-order and release people just naturally move on and lose interest. It really sucks the fun out of the hobby. Same thing here, 6 months later and we have 0 information. Maybe they are planning a maquette style roll-out with half a dozen pieces arriving in short order. Doubtful if they only have a PF license though.

Does the Necromancer play more of a role in the latter part of the story?

Not to go into a lot of detail and ruin it for people who haven't read the books but he could be in the "latter" part of the story depending on what they plan on showing in the second movie. The Necromancer is a very limited side story in the Hobbit you really hear about it indirectly in the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings so depending on Jackson's plan I could see it being in the third movie.

Remember this? It's from last December....

Announcement-The-Hobbit.jpg

See we didn't read the fine print. It says "unexpected" journey. The "expected" journey was that they'd announce a line for the movie and have a piece or two come out before the 2nd movie. The "unexpected" jounery is a barrel PF that comes out with the DVD release of the third film. :slap

Maybe the big Hobbit news will be what Sideshow will make for the upcoming Extended Edition BluRay box set of the first film. I mean, do you recall the ones which accompanied LOTR? There was the Argonath, then the Gollum statue, and finally the Minas Tirith.

Back