Game of Thrones - Winterfell Desktop Environment

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bucky Underbelly

Hoarding Since '70
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of the Weta (and Sideshow/Weta) LotR/Hobbit Environment statues, so when I heard this might be coming, I got excited.

But, based on this photo and the price ... my enthusiasm has dimmed considerably.

Game of Thrones Winterfell Desktop Statue - Factory Entertainment - Game of Thrones - Statues at Entertainment Earth

Obviously, we'll need to see better pictures of this to judge properly, but, to my eye right now, I'm not impressed at all. (It's made by Factory Entertainment and their aesthetic on other products seems to tend toward a more cartoony style.)

I'm bummed. I would have jumped on a Weta-quality line of highly detailed GOT environments in a heartbeat.

In fact, I'd even love to see a line of GOT environments based on the stylized "mechanized" look of the opening credits.

What do you guys think? Anybody seen better pictures?

Thanks for that, Stingray!

Those shots make it look a heck of a lot better. But still not at Weta's level. At least for my tastes. (Especially the Godswood section.) Might have benefited from doing a smaller section of the castle at a slightly larger scale.

I hope it's successful, because I'd love to see a line like this continue and improve. But this one's not going to find its way into my collection. At least not at that price. :(

If the woods weren't so bright it would help immensely. And is the weirwood tree supposed to be bright red?

Thanks for that, Stingray!

Those shots make it look a heck of a lot better. But still not at Weta's level. At least for my tastes. (Especially the Godswood section.) Might have benefited from doing a smaller section of the castle at a slightly larger scale.

I hope it's successful, because I'd love to see a line like this continue and improve. But this one's not going to find its way into my collection. At least not at that price. :(
I love the idea. It would be cool to see a line of different castles from Westeros, even Essos for that matter. Castle Black and the Wall. Kingslanding and the Red Keep. The Twins. The Eyrie. But I just do not see where the $300 is going. [emoji38] I've owned medieval town/castle sculptures much in the same style at this for far less.

If the woods weren't so bright it would help immensely. And is the weirwood tree supposed to be bright red?
The weirwood is supposed to have red leaves (with white tunk), but I didn't picture it quite this bright. But I guess this sort of stuff is subjective. I don't recall in the book if they actually specified the tone of red.

If I recall correctly, the book described the leaves as blood red for the weirwood.

This is my favorite collectible to come out of comic con this year. They got every detail from the show perfect and I can't wait to have this in my collection, every detail matches what we saw from the show, I have wanted this since I first saw winterfell in season one. I imagine this will be the only licensed winterfell that we will ever see and I'm very happy that it's a numbered limited edition. $299 is high but they have to pay for the license and with the large size of this and all the detail in it, it is definitely worth it to me, I even love the logo plaque on the front and the design going around the border, it screams game of thrones and is exactly what I have been waiting for!

That's awesome, I would definitely get that one too if it looks as good, where did you see it at? Could you post a link, I wasn't able to find it.

Frotoeyes did you maybe mistake the McFarlane battle at the wall set for a new prototype environment set cuz I still can't find anything on another factory entertainment castle black model.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

I really think they hit it outta the park with this one, all the details from the show are there, they even have the building and archery area from season 1 where Bran was practicing while his parents watched and arrya showed him up!

I'm really liking Castle Black so far. That looks very promising. (Especially if the piece includes the top of the wall.)

I think what I don't like about Winterfell is 1) the paint work -- it's too bright and primary for Winterfell, and 2) the sculpt of the Godswood. I know trees in that scale are hard to do, but it just looks like a mound of chewed gum to me (especially with such a uniform and unsubtle paint job.)

That said, I'm very glad this line exists. I love mini environments and I hope we see this line continue and improve. (Castle Black already looks like an improvement.)

Now, if only they could lower that pricepoint ...

Back