Let's all ask Asmus to take on the Highlander franchise!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

asgardianboy

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi everybody.

How many of you know and love the 1986 Highlander movie?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highlander_(film)

Along its 3-decade history, the franchise has spurred a bunch of sequels, and a TV show. It has given us unforgettable characters, such as Connor Macleod (Christopher Lambert), Ramirez (Sean Connery) and the Kurgan (Clancy Brown). Its brilliant and moving OST, provided by Queen and Michael Kamen, has already become a great piece of fandom history on its own right.

We are in 2016, 30th anniversary of the franchise. 10 years ago, Sideshow released a bunch of nice figures to celebrate the 20th anniversary of this secret object of massive cult, but now, everybody (Sideshow, Hot Toys and everybody else in the industry) remain silent.

2016 will be soon past, and before that happens, those who cherish the Highlander universe should unite and ask for the 1/6 figures that we dream of, crafted to contemporary quality standards. But who could pull that?

Sideshow and Hot Toys seem quite busy. What company has proved to be capable of releasing high quality renditions of ancient, sword-wealding warriors, with rooted hair and all?

Yep. Asmus Toys. They are giving us their brilliant LOTR and The Hobbit lines. They might be busy with all that plus their upcoming Hateful 8 line, but they have had time for side-projects, such as John Connor from T2. They might have time for a much more important (and profitable) side-project, with a much bigger fan-base than Hateful 8... Right?

I've already exchanged emails with them. I asked them to at least get the licence for the Highlander franchise before this year's end, announce it to the community in December (to celebrate the 30th anniversary in a timely way), then design and release the figures through 2017 and beyond. Here is what they have answered me today:

"Hi Marc,

Thank you for reaching out and for your suggestion. I will pass on your ideas to our product development team and let them take it from there. However, as you know we are still working on completing the LOTR and the Hobbit series and also launching the Hateful 8 collections so we are not able to guarantee anything soon.

Still, we appreciate all the feedback from our customers.
So if you have any other questions or suggestion, please feel free to contact us.
Thank you for your support.

Best,
Rola Chang"

-----

Asmus being so customer-oriented (they even interact with us regularly in these forums), is another reason to choose them. There Can Only Be One, and that One must be Asmus Toys.

I have already answered them, insisting that they don't need to do anything right now except for getting the licence, and stressing that Highlander has a much bigger following than Hateful 8 has (and will probably have).

Come on guys!! Let's flood them with petitions for high-quality Highlander figures!! Send your emails to Rola at [email protected]!!
Let's show them that the community at large is craving for these unduely forgotten, charming characters!!

Thanks to you all!!

Regards,
m.

I'd love some better Highlander figures than Sideshows old ones, but if they were anything like their Ace Ventura figures, no thanks.

I'd love past and future Connor and Kurgan, and a Ramirez.

And BTW, a bit early but...

Much as I'd adore some Highlander love in 1/6 scale I'm not sure if Asmus are up to it! Still I'd probably buy things from this hypothetical line regardless!

Still my core wishlist includes the obvious - Connor and Kurgan and then... The priority: Methos, Joe and Amanda.

Spreading out further to Kronos, Silas, Caspian and Fitzcairn and some choice guest appearance characters in a pipe-dream kind of way!

I'd love someone to pick up this franchise. Connor and Duncan are a must

oops i forgot to disassemble a robocop chair for you.
i'd love a Kurgan figure.
and all those sequels and series are ****.

Hell no, finish the fellowship first. They promised to complete it this year, pff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back