This can't be true..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We do need a better education program - that's a big part of the problem - though there will still be those who won't want to learn and will prefer a life of goofing off, drugs, etc... That documentary, Waiting for Superman, was so heartbreaking...seeing the number of low income kids who really wanted a good education but have to be part of a lottery to hopefully get picked to go to a good school. It's a shame we can't provide a good education to all the children who want one.
Apart from just wanting to do this because it's the right thing for those kids, it is in the long term economic and security interests of the country as a whole. You've got developing countries across the globe who realize the value of education as a means to economic development, investing there, and getting poor kids off the streets and into engineering and technical jobs. As a result, welfare expenditures go down, GDP goes up, innovation starts happening at a much greater rate, and all of a sudden, these countries have global bargaining power where they didn't before. In the U.S., we just languish in these petty ideological debates while we keep slipping further and further behind the curve. Let's see where we are in 50 or 100 years if we keep going at the rate we are.

We do need a better education program - that's a big part of the problem - though there will still be those who won't want to learn and will prefer a life of goofing off, drugs, etc... That documentary, Waiting for Superman, was so heartbreaking...seeing the number of low income kids who really wanted a good education but have to be part of a lottery to hopefully get picked to go to a good school. It's a shame we can't provide a good education to all the children who want one.

Biggest issue with education is teachers have to teach to the lowest level person. Second biggest issue is many parents think of school as baby sitting they already paid for with tax money. No child left behind had made things worse. States have made a system where the most important thing is having kids butt in a seat. We need to adopt systems like other countries have where a direction is decided for students prior to high school, instead of trying making so all students are "college ready" even when a % of them will never go to college. Put those students on a different track instead of them trying to find money to pay for some trade school after HS.

Biggest issue with education is teachers have to teach to the lowest level person. Second biggest issue is many parents think of school as baby sitting they already paid for with tax money. No child left behind had made things worse. States have made a system where the most important thing is having kids butt in a seat. We need to adopt systems like other countries have where a direction is decided for students prior to high school, instead of trying making so all students are "college ready" even when a % of them will never go to college. Put those students on a different track instead of them trying to find money to pay for some trade school after HS.
I agree that we need to stop pushing college so much but totally disagree with what's high lighted. We need to start teaching that being a blue collar worker is nothing to be embarrassed about. I'm a machinist and we are having a hell of a time trying to hire people to learn the trade. For my area I make what I consider great money. Not no worries money but enough to save some, pay household bills, and have some to spend.

People don't want to put in a days work. Kids aren't learning the importance of that or seeing that it actually pays off. They just want high pay for no labor. Like IT professionals who work about 4 hours a day and ask for ridiculous rates because they think they're so smart.

I remember this newspaper I saw one day a few years back. On 1 side of the page it was an article about highschool kids not able to find jobs. On the other side of the page was an article about a cherry or apple orchard in the same town not able to find workers.

It can be taxed effectively the same way tobacco and Alcohol and ammunition is taxed. Black Market ? Perhaps. I'm sure some people would start growing their own pot to save money. But it's the same way that people can make their own beer. Make their own wine, Moonshine. Etc... Unless its a hobby, its a pain in the ***. Even though you can brew your own alcohol and save money on the tax, most people go to the store to buy it because its easier. Some people roll their own cigarettes. Most don't. Some people make their own bullets. Most don't. See where I'm going with this ?

Plus, I'd have to assume that people who know what they're doing with proper growing, strain mixing, etc, will make a much better end product.

Same way the average person might be able to make some crappy home made beer, but they'd rather spend the extra money on some good craft beer. (I say average because I do know some home brewers make some diabolical stuff.)

The banks rule the world...Rothschild, Chase, JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs etc rule the world

And aliens. :lecture

I have been told it is true, and I believe it. I only said "if true" for the sake of argument. Gary Null mentioned it on one of his radio shows.

You'd be smarter if you cut off your head. It's true. :lecture:lecture:lecture

I agree that we need to stop pushing college so much but totally disagree with what's high lighted. We need to start teaching that being a blue collar worker is nothing to be embarrassed about. I'm a machinist and we are having a hell of a time trying to hire people to learn the trade. For my area I make what I consider great money. Not no worries money but enough to save some, pay household bills, and have some to spend.

This absolutely this! Nothing at all wrong with this. I spend my days welding at work making train parts and I have no shame in this. People might look down on this because it isn't a real high paying job, but it pays enough to pay the bills and have some left over. My girlfriends brother wanted to work at a similar place since he couldn't find a job anywhere in what he went to school with, but his fiance told him he couldn't apply there, because she didn't want him to be one of those "people" who work in a factory. Lets just say me and her aren't too fond of eachother :rotfl

I really don't know why we can't implement a welfare program where you are only on it for x amount of time...and to get benefits you must do some type of work training. Provide job opportunities and if people feel the jobs are beneath them....tough ****. After your x amount of time is up...no more benefits for you.

People with kids is a different issue though....unless the state wants to provide some kind of daycare so their parents can work. Blah...it's a mess. I have an aunt who is a social worker who went in to her profession really hoping she could make a difference and is disgusted by the number of clients she has that don't want to work...when she tries to get them training or job prospects they just yell at her and tell her to give them their damn check. I say if they are not willing to work, cut them all off....though I do feel something should be done for the kids who are unfortunate victims in this messed up cycle.

And so many will just have a kid to keep their checks coming. The only way, and people will be against it, is to cut them off, despite having kids. It used to be if you couldn't take care of your kids, you lost them. Since they closed down the orphanages, the government takes care of the kids. Only thing is, and I see it everyday, the kids aren't being taken care of anyway. The parent(s) spend the money for other things and rely on the schools and others to feed their kids. Our school system provides 3 meals for some of our kids now.

I can go on and on but it won't do any good. Neither political party will touch a heavy duty welfare reform. Some talk tough, but that's about it.

As for making them work. That's been tried. Once again, if they don't want to work or don't show up, what do you do? Cut their welfare off from their kids? That's where they have the government by the nuts. It's all about the kids, that some have like rabbits for a bigger payday.

Why would the democrats ever support that? Can you imagine the loss of voters they would have if they forced a large portion of their dedicated voters to actually pull their weight?

It's already been tried and it doesn't work.

Also, I blame both parties because they've both had the chance to change things and don't.

It is a never ending cycle....one I am not sure can be fixed....without taking drastic steps that would probably result in riots and the like. :lol

Remember people can make change to ther country if they ban together and stand up to the government (problem is humans never seem to be able to workktogether). With all the things wrong, if Americans or canadians for example, actually took to the streets and proteststed/close to riots about what they hate about their country , l guarantee the government will make steps towards change.

Look at all the change that happened overseas last couple of years because of the people finally having enough, banning together and rioting/protesting. Dictators stepped down/pushed down because of the people, that is an amazing thing. The government should be afraid of the people, not the other way around.

So, l say it's time for a good old country wide riot in the U.S, hell, we in Canada should do that as well and bring some change in areas.:lecture

:exactly: Now everyone can go to college or are meant for college.

Do you have internships or apprenticeships where you work? Most places don't anymore and they want trained people to walk into those jobs now. I've seen places want 5 or 10 years experience now.

Around here we used to have a ton of factories that moved overseas. When the ones that are left do hire, there are 100s of people trying for one job, when some of the bigger factories up north have big hires, there are 1,000s of people lined up to apply.

This is just the way that I see it, but I don't think that the people don't want the jobs, it's just the businesses can be so picky now that they no longer want to train anyone. With so many laid off, they'll take experienced people first, so the ones with none are left out. A young person is pretty much screwed, that's why I wish the old apprenticeships were still around. I do know a few construction places that still do them.

Sorry, I'm rambling. I should be doing lawn work but I hate it so I'm pissing around. :lol

Remember people can make change to ther country if they ban together and stand up to the government (problem is humans never seem to be able to workktogether). With all the things wrong, if Americans or canadians for example, actually took to the streets and proteststed/close to riots about what they hate about their country , l guarantee the government will make steps towards change.

Look at all the change that happened overseas last couple of years because of the people finally having enough, banning together and rioting/protesting. Dictators stepped down/pushed down because of the people, that is an amazing thing. The government should be afraid of the people, not the other way around.

So, l say it's time for a good old country wide riot in the U.S, hell, we in Canada should do that as well and bring some change in areas.:lecture

Jen was talking about the welfare people rioting. Yeah, that would help things alot. :lol

Jen was talking about the welfare people rioting. Yeah, that would help things alot. :lol

Well l gues everyone but the welfare people can riot. If the people on welfare get caught rioting they might get cut off, they don't want to risk that. After they get cut off, then they can riot saying they were cut off.:lol

Well l gues everyone but the welfare people can riot. If the people on welfare get caught rioting they might get cut off, they don't want to risk that. After they get cut off, then they can riot saying they were cut off.:lol

:lol Wish it would work that way.

Once again, they don't want to hurt kids. I think otherwise there would be welfare reform.

And aliens. :lecture

And reptilians. :lecture

hilary-repitile.jpg

Bwahahaha! I LOVE that you made the comparison to the Arab Spring countries.

Guess what? The people rose up in those places because they were ACTUALLY oppressed, not like you imagine we are in Canada and the US.

First World Problems, lol...

Bwahahaha! I LOVE that you made the comparison to the Arab Spring countries.

Guess what? The people rose up in those places because they were ACTUALLY oppressed, not like you imagine we are in Canada and the US.

First World Problems, lol...

You could add Europe to that list where riots are semi common. I mean there was just one in Greece because the government got rid of their jobs for life. I can understand why someone who had a job they new they could NEVER lose would be pissed but who give people jobs they can never lose no matter now bad or little of a job they do.

You know what Americans rioting is called? "Occupy Wall Street." Some good that's done. :lol

The only people who have enough time on their hands to protest or whatever are losers with no jobs who want to hate on people who do work.

You know what Americans rioting is called? "Occupy Wall Street." Some good that's done. :lol

The only people who have enough time on their hands to protest or whatever are losers with no jobs who want to hate on people who do work.

:exactly::exactly::exactly::exactly:
Those idiots didnt even know what they were protesting. Lazy hippies with no work ethic that expect things to be handed to them.

Back