THE THIRD ACT: What a third in the Batman Begins, Dark Knight series might be...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea...

I do want the Riddler though, he's obsessed with finding Batman's identity, and in the cops are after Batman and the man behind the mask. "Who is Batman?" Is the greatest riddle of all, so if he discovers him the cops can move in and take out Burce/Batman leaving the mob to overrun the city again. And if the Riddler strikes up a deal woth the remaining mob bosses...the plot falls into place.

Sounds ok. I like the idea of a personal threat to Wayne himself. Riddler discovering his identity could be that. Throw in an second villain who's more of a physical threat to Batman and it could work.

A super cool third Batman movie is definitely possible, I just don't think anything's going to top TDK.

I may be wrong, but I think Catwoman is the only villain left with the stature and originality of the Joker, Ra's or Scarecrow. The Penguin is a joke, while The Riddler is too similar to the Joker. The rest are either too outlandish or not outlandish enough. Plus, you have to count out any villains with supernatural or sci-fi elements judging by the fact that the villains so far have been 'human'. And finally, the villain has to 'mean' something contemporary - like the Joker in TDK was a kind of terrorist. I could see something interesting emerging from the character of Catwoman - a female politician or gangster, a baby-trafficker, a vice queen...

Just keep Catwoman a master cat burglar.

She steals something from Wayne Enterprises or the newly rebuilt Wayne manor that other villain, the mob and Batman all want. I'd be okay with her being a female version of Batman with gagets and fight training. The 'why' she is a thief would be the interesting part.

I'm sure they will try to make a fourth, fifth etc Batman with Bale and Nolan, I think Nolan only wants to make one more, plus the classical 3 act structure is about resolution, with wrongs of acts 1 and 2 being set right. It just ends with Batman as guardian of Gotham in front of the signal. You could still have another in the series with Batman fighting whoever, the third film would just wrap up the things introduced in the first two films, namely Bruce's coming to terms with being Batman and the sacrifices that come with that. He wanted to retire the costume and have this other life with Rachel, now he's wanted by the police and she's dead. Bruce has got to deal with those conflicts of how long will I be Batman?

I can't imagine that they would leave Batman hunted by the police at the end of the third movie the way he will be at the beginning. I'm sure the Batsignal will return at the end. I think we'll also see the new Batcave and Wayne manor rebuilt as well and the new Batmobile and other new vehicle. Also, probably a new suit.

My question is if Nolan doesn't return for a 4th Batman will Bale return? I think I read him saying that he'd be back as long as they wanted him. What about Oldman, Freeman, Caine etc. returning, or will they recast everyone else and continue in the same tone Nolan established or relaunch completely fresh or move on to something else like a Bats/Superman movie or Justice League?
Bale said he would only come back in the 3rd film if Nolan is directing...so I assume if Nolan ain't there neither is Bale.

My idea for the Dark Knight Returns:

Main Villain - Talia, Ra's daughter.
Storyline - Talia takes over Ra's organization and proceeds to:
(1) Avenge Ra's death at the hands of the Batman.
(2) Continue Ra's wish to destroy Gotham.
(3) Fall in love with Batman towards the end of the film.
(4) Someone mentioned it here, but the Joker was hired by Talia to destroy Gotham but fails, so Talia steps in to finish the job.

Batman redeems his reputation by saving Gotham from Talia, and they fall in love during their struggle resulting in the birth of his son at the end of the film. This could set up a fourth film about the son of Batman.

OK, flame away....

:horror:monkey1:monkey1 sweet lord no.:banghead

for those who would like to see Angelina Jolie as Catwoman...I for one would think that Nolan will come up with a story line that is far more creative than just the usual...

> 74-year-old GILF, Julie Newmar, known to many as being the best Catwoman
> that graced the small screen during the years of the campy television
> show,
> wants Angelina to play Catwoman in the third Christopher Nolan inspired
> Batman movie. Not like she's going to get a lot of say as to who is cast
> or
> even if Catwoman will make an appearance, but Newmar has been very vocal
> about stumping for Angie.
> "Angelina would own the part," Newmar has said. "My industry friends tell
> me
> (she) has made inquiries about the role. I can understand how it would
> pique
> her interest. Catwoman is Batman's one true love. She's tremendously
> popular
> with women because she's both a heroine and a villainess."

Cillian Murphy unknown? If you lived under a bridge maybe.

When he was cast, he wasn't a "known" ... and we're talking about the context of the masses. Hell, Christian Bale wasn't a true "known" until after BEGINS. He had a cult following, but wasn't a known hollywood actor by the general public.

And when Cillian was cast, all he had was 28 Days or whatever. Hell, to this day when I show people my pic with him on the set from last year, alot of people say "who the hell is that?"

When he was cast, he wasn't a "known" ... and we're talking about the context of the masses. Hell, Christian Bale wasn't a true "known" until after BEGINS. He had a cult following, but wasn't a known hollywood actor by the general public.

And when Cillian was cast, all he had was 28 Days or whatever. Hell, to this day when I show people my pic with him on the set from last year, alot of people say "who the hell is that?"

I've known about Christian Bale since he was a kid and he won all kinds of acclaim in "Empire of the Sun," and saw him in plenty of things before Begins. Cillian Murphy was in 28 Days, Cold Mountain, The Girl with the Pearl Earring, before Begins, and Red Eye at the same time as Begins so I think to say he was unknown is crazy, and if anyone doesn't recognize the guy after you show them a pic I think they'd be well below the general public in terms of interest in cinema. And I still stand by my statement that started this. Nolan would not cast a nobody in a major role, which any villian would be in the third film.

I've known about Christian Bale since he was a kid and he won all kinds of acclaim in "Empire of the Sun," and saw him in plenty of things before Begins. Cillian Murphy was in 28 Days, Cold Mountain, The Girl with the Pearl Earring, before Begins, and Red Eye at the same time as Begins so I think to say he was unknown is crazy, and if anyone doesn't recognize the guy after you show them a pic I think they'd be well below the general public in terms of interest in cinema. And I still stand by my statement that started this. Nolan would not cast a nobody in a major role, which any villian would be in the third film.

It's not far fetched...It's not like 28 Days Later or any of Bales movie made more than a little ripple in hollywood.

BB was their biggest movie to date and thus put them on the map...they may have been solid actors before, but hardly anyone knew about, nor cared. Bales biggest movie before BB was American Psycho in 2000, and not many people were aware of him, and he was bigger than Cillian...which doesn't say much. Just because you were aware of them doesn't mean the rest of the population was, or means they were stars.

Like I said anyone involved with cinema would know who they both were before Begins. Nothing wrong if you didn't.

edit: And Bale's biggest movie was not American Psycho before he did Begins.

Cold Mountain is the only one I've even heard of, and I haven't seen it. But then there's no doubt that I'm below the public's average level of cinema knowledge. Hell, I didn't even know Cillian Murphy's name until the TDK spoiler thread asked if he played Scarecrow. And if I close my eyes right now I can't picture Christian Bale. :lol

Like I said anyone involved with cinema would know who they both were before Begins. Nothing wrong if you didn't.

edit: And Bale's biggest movie was not American Psycho before he did Begins.

You can argue all you want, but it was his most well known and his biggest one to that date, and before Batman Begins. Just like Cillian biggest film and role up to BB was 28 Days Later.

You can argue all you want, but it was his most well known and his biggest one to that date, and before Batman Begins. Just like Cillian biggest film and role up to BB was 28 Days Later.

I can easily argue that, because his movies Empire of the Sun, Pochontos, Little Women, A Mid Summers Night Dream, Shaft, Captain Corelli's Mandolin, Equilibrium, and Reign of Fire all grossed circles around American Psycho. I'd say other than the very small niche market that saw American Psycho, it's his least known role to the general audience.

I can easily argue that, because his movies Empire of the Sun, Pochontos, Little Women, A Mid Summers Night Dream, Shaft, Captain Corelli's Mandolin, Equilibrium, and Reign of Fire all grossed circles around American Psycho. I'd say other than the very small niche market that saw American Psycho, it's his least known role to the general audience.

Well I consider myself general audience. Just because a movie made more does not mean he is more well known from that movie. Empire of the Sun is so old no one would remember him being in that. And to say he was more well known for Shaft, Reign of Fire, and Equilibrium is a joke...The first two mentioned bombed and Equilibrium was the only good film out of those listed. American Psycho is his most acclaimed role and most notorious before he was Batman, he was always Patrick Bateman.

Back