THE THIRD ACT: What a third in the Batman Begins, Dark Knight series might be...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So you want Catwoman to look exactly like she did in Batman Returns? She's a thief, obviously 7 inch heels aren't very practical and neither is skin tight vinyl as it smells weird, is hot, and makes funny noises when you move.

when somebody posts something like that, do you really think he's serious? seriously, why so serious?

and to be honest, I do not care wich villain will be playing in the rumured 3rd part, I really am curious about the THEME

in Begins it was: Fear
in TDK it was: Escalation
in 3rd part it should be: Redemption, Bruce Wayne being obsessed with his Batman-personae and goes extreme...but his friends who try to pull him back. Fucus on BATMAN

Redemption to me just screams conclusion. If we're ready to put Batman on hiatus again, by all means do the Redemption angle. But if we're hoping for part 4 anytime soon, I think they need to do something less final.

I think Nolan is done after 3 based on his past interviews about the franchise, and if Nolan isn't attached Bale said he doesn't want to do it, Oldman didn't even want to do this one and said he guesses he'll have to come back for a 3rd, so I think if they make a 3rd, it'll definitely be the end of the road for those 3, and quite frankly I'd be happy if they never made another Batman film for 20 years after those 3 leave.

Fair enough.

I personally think they should do 1 really good flick with each major villian. I suppose 2 villians a time is fine like parts 1 and 2. So that leaves 2 if not 3 more films.

Fair enough.

I personally think they should do 1 really good flick with each major villian. I suppose 2 villians a time is fine like parts 1 and 2. So that leaves 2 if not 3 more films.

Ra's, Scarecrow, Joker, and Two-Face have been done..and that only leaves like 3 villains in terms of your rationality?

Batman has so many awesome villains in his rogue gallery...The Riddler, Catwoman, Mr. Freeze, The Penguin, Man Bat, Clay Face, Hush, Holiday, Mad Monk, Hugo Strange, Killer Croc, Mad Hatter, Clayface, Poison Ivy, Bane, the Ventriloquist, Harley Quinn, Fire Fly, Lock Up..etc...

Poison Ivy could be cool for a villain. Just thinking out loud here so these ideas may suck. Obviously to make her more realistic alot of the plant angle would have to be out, but she could be an assasin who uses rare plant poisons to get at her victims. Another bigger villain could be pulling her strings similar to Begins, although I would make it clear that she is working for someone else from the start so it isn't too much like Begins.

catwoman_04.jpg

There is something extreamly wrong about this picture....

It doesn't get any more right than that for a heterosexual young man.

:rotfl

I think Nolan is done after 3 based on his past interviews about the franchise, and if Nolan isn't attached Bale said he doesn't want to do it, Oldman didn't even want to do this one and said he guesses he'll have to come back for a 3rd, so I think if they make a 3rd, it'll definitely be the end of the road for those 3, and quite frankly I'd be happy if they never made another Batman film for 20 years after those 3 leave.

Agree 100 percent. I think Nolan should do one more and conclude his holy trilogy. I hope he makes one more on the same level of quality as Begins and TDK, and sort of conclude his Batmans story arc with his redemption. That would leave it at the end with the Batman we've known for years but never told his origin in such a way. I view TDK as still Batman and Gothams origin story and by the time Nolans done, he'll sort of bring us to the definitive Batman. The crime fighter, detective, the Dark Knight. And I'd also be happy to see someone in another ten years do their own spin on the character, but if we don't get that or they hire someone who doesn't get the character, we can always be happy that we got 3 Batman films that we'll be able to point to and say "That's how you do Batman!"

Although I don't think Nolan's films will be surpassed for many, many years to come---I certainly don't want the series to end after he's through with it.

Give it to someone else and see what they can do with it. Maybe there's a good enough "beginning" now that we won't have to suffer through another Shumacer and any future installments will somewhat follow suite with these.

I just want them to do a decent Riddler eventually and a decent Mr. Freeze. I've heard people say that Freeze is too cartoony to be done, but I disagree. My custom figure disagrees. :lol

If they can pull off Two Face, a cartoony character in his own right... I think they can do Freeze. In fact, I will go ahead and say they could almost do any of the main villains justice. It just takes a keen mind to bring them into reality and retool the origins to fit in the Nolan Universe. It can be done.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want it to end, I love Batman and Gordon and their villains, for me personally, my favorites are Two face and the Joker. It's just those two are so linked to Batman and bring out the best stories ever told in comics. I realize other villains can be done, but none have the impact these two do unless you count Ras Al Ghul who I would like to see brought back, but would somehow take away from the realistic universe Nolan set up. I can see Talia, but even her character wouldn't have as much impact without her father being there. I can only wait and see what happens, just don't want it turned into "Batman 6: Look, we really need more of your money". What Nolan gave us is special and I don't want it tarnished. That's why I'd rather wait ten years for someone else to put their spin on the character.

I just want them to do a decent Riddler eventually and a decent Mr. Freeze. I've heard people say that Freeze is too cartoony to be done, but I disagree. My custom figure disagrees. :lol

If they can pull off Two Face, a cartoony character in his own right... I think they can do Freeze. In fact, I will go ahead and say they could almost do any of the main villains justice. It just takes a keen mind to bring them into reality and retool the origins to fit in the Nolan Universe. It can be done.
i'd also like to see the Riddler redone. hopefully not like the goofy one like we saw in Batman Forever, but i want to see him as an older fella with glasses, suit, and tie that has the "Ben Stein" smarts...not the spandex glow in the dark suit. and i think Nolan said in an interview that he wants to veer away from the unbelievable comic villains and stick more with the human ones. which means no clay face, man-bat, poison ivy (which i think he specifically said no to).

when somebody posts something like that, do you really think he's serious? seriously, why so serious?

and to be honest, I do not care wich villain will be playing in the rumured 3rd part, I really am curious about the THEME

in Begins it was: Fear
in TDK it was: Escalation
in 3rd part it should be: Redemption, Bruce Wayne being obsessed with his Batman-personae and goes extreme...but his friends who try to pull him back. Fucus on BATMAN

the 3rd part should be "Duty"... he isn't really obsessed with his persona and was willing to abandon it... he has now taken the world on his shoulders by his choice and the film would do well to explore the consequences.

Redemption to me just screams conclusion. If we're ready to put Batman on hiatus again, by all means do the Redemption angle. But if we're hoping for part 4 anytime soon, I think they need to do something less final.

I think to top TDK he MUST go for a redemption theme...a theme less extreme is just impossible to top TDK...and if Nolan were to make this one a 3hours movie, it could really take and end with that movie :)

Fair enough.

that is pushing it...that reminds me on the Schumacher way

just go for quality, not quantity...
for the third movie the theme is more important than the villans, if they could recycle Two face and MABYE use some unused joker material from the TDK I would be glad, do not push just to introduce a new villain. It is not a must.
Most important is the batman-struggle..focus on the hero. He will have enough trouble with the police you know...

3rd and last movie, no 4th and 5th :rolleyes:

They'll revisit the Joker. It's inevitable. Probably a long ways down the road though. Ledger's death is still too fresh and tragic to even think about a successor right now.

Redemption. Perfect theme.

Lots of villans? You bet! Never been done since 1966 and that was silly. Time to do it up right.

Catwoman, a night prowler that only Batman ever sees. She makes news, but no one else ever sees her, only Batman. For the public, maybe fleeting descriptions, but no photos. And it ends with Batman/Bruce never knowing who she really is and she helps him after some finale, and he can't find her again. And she is not all bad. Something kinda sad or forlorn. Haunting even. Her story could almost be a minor subplot aspect.

Riddler, older actor. I actually originally thought of Terence Stamp, but then thought, no, why not go to someone Nolan has worked with. Either David Bowie, or go younger, and get Guy Pierce. And he is THE dangerous one of the plotline. The one Gotham City needs Batman's help with, openly.

Penguin, just a mob type, club owner guy, who hates his nickname and is one mean mutha. Worthy of Batman villain status. Think an older, fatter, shorter Michael Corleone type. Mean as hell. Must show up at least in a small role.

Ra's must return somehow. I think the chaos is all his doing. Ultimately. Be a great third act surprise.
Talia, love interest, but not gonna work out...be a good one though.

Scarecrow, back maybe...if he can be more.

Harley, maybe. Could be ok alone. Just in memory of the Joker. Was a fan. Has pictures of him around. Videos. Or, less likely, the recasting of Joker, but I sense what everyone else is saying, that would be incredibly unpopular. I rescend my idea of him being recast.

Bane? Nah!
Croc? I wish, but nah!
The Ventriloquist? Maybe. Kinda be cool with Nolan's love of magic industry imagery.

Two-Face is back? Maybe, but I am beginning to think he'd be redundant. He's done his best stuff already. No new territory other than new makeup, maybe more healed, and a snazzy new split suit, but not much else. More of same makes Harvey a dull boy. I say he doesn't show.

Mr Freeze? My favorite Batman villain, so of course I would be OK with it, but in Nolan's world, he would have to be just some nut that sprays liquid nitrogen on people, doors, etc., and is only dangerous, but not some blue "cold guy" thing. Just a nut with a nitrogen freeze gun. Unlikely he will show in this universe any time soon. Could though.

Hugo Strange, Dr Death, any of the mad doctors? Not too likely. Strange could...maybe....

More Maroni and assorted thugs? You bet! I sure hope so. LOVE Them being around.

Look for the return of the batsignal at the end, and an iconic Batman standing pose at the end, as he came at the camera in Begins, away from it in DK, and now, he makes his stand. Just a thematic difference in ending imagery.

Oh, and Batman goes grey and black. More traditional this go round.
More Dark Knight comics imagery. We won't see him much at first, hands through walls grabbing crooks, more sneaky stuff like his first appearance in BB. Cops after him like in Year One comic. That sort of stuff.

More scenes with Gordon in his office.

More detection.

BIG finale. Huge. Biggest yet.

Just some guesses.

I think people are going to be surprised at the villian, if Nolan does a 3rd film. Nolan and Goyer both have already stated that the next villians will definitely not be Catwoman or Penguin...

Batman screenwriters David Goyer and Jonah Nolan have responded to claims that the baddies in Batman 3 will be Catwoman and The Penguin by saying that the baddies in Batman 3 definitely won’t be Catwoman and The Penguin. They’ve got a whole raft of other villains to chose from, so why pick the two most obvious?....
“In the first movie we use Ra’s Al Ghul and The Scarecrow, who had not been in the movies before, and had not been in the sixties TV show before. And there are dozens if not hundreds of other characters that fit that bill. Everyone says its gotta be The Penguin or Catwoman… well I completely disagree.”

It sounds to me like they have a lesser known rogue in store.

i look at if they make another movie after this. it will not love up to the dark knight it will flop due to high expectations that people put on films. even chris nolan the director has hinted that he doesn't see how another movie can out due this one.

Back