THE THIRD ACT: What a third in the Batman Begins, Dark Knight series might be...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My take for Batman:Redemption

"Out of the Darkness a hero shall rise"

A limited role of Harley who as nurse at Arkham falls for the Joker (Played by Brad Dourif) and helps him escape. Much to his delight Batman is hunted by both the Law and the criminals. He also discovers that Harvey isn't dead just being locked away to protect the "coverup". He lauches a master plan that envolves breaking out Harvey and Scarecrow from Arkham to bring Gotham to its knees. He realises by going public with Harvey and exposing the coverup, the public will loose hope and turn on the law because of what they did. Gordon and his team could be torn between the reign of terror and the state of anarchy the is quickly brewing. The Scarecrow could be envolved in drugging Batman in an elaberate ruse to believe he murders on of them in a fit of rage, thus turning to Batmans anger inward and has to find a way all cost stop the reign of terror and find himself again then show the people of Gotham why the events played out as they did. Possibley bring in Catwoman as a master thief who for some reason is tragectally affected by the Joker and is hell bent on revenge upon him possible setting up for an "unholy" alliance with Batman.

Well thats a rough sketch anway,
Ryan

I don't see the Joker being brought back. What actor would want to take on the role after seeing what Ledger accomplished? It would be as shunned by the audience as Julianne Moore's Clarice Starling.

Kate Beckinsale or Rachel Weisz would be good bets for Catwoman, as Nolan likes to cast Brits as Americans.

So for the same reason, Paul Bettany would be a good choice. Nolan's not going to go with someone "funny" for the Riddler. He will be scheming and diabolical.

"Funny" is a requisite for the Riddler. But that doesn't mean they need to go over the top lsilly and stupid ike Jim Carrey. puke

They need to make the character witty and clever.

I was thinking of the actor, not the character.

Don't cast a "comedian."

Ledger's Joker had a dark humor and that can happen without casting a "funny" actor like Jim Carrey.

I'm not sure there are any villains left that fit in Nolan's Bat-universe - only Catwoman. I'd love to see her played not as a catburglar in a leather catsuit, but as an older, female gangster - played by Nicole Kidman in a no-holds barred super^^^^^ role.

I was thinking of the actor, not the character.

Don't cast a "comedian."

Ledger's Joker had a dark humor and that can happen without casting a "funny" actor like Jim Carrey.

I don't want the Riddler to be Joker copy cat. Thats why I think they should make the Riddler as an almost "deceptively nice and likable" character. A criminal but with funny quirks and compultions but decidedly not someone to be feared like The Joker. Someone the citizens of Gotham embrace like Robin Hood, who they think is just burning the rich boys like Bruce Wayne, but turns out he's really robbing all the citizens or robbing the rich to finance some destructive machine that threatens everybody.

I think the Penguin would work well, although I don't think he should be directly referenced as 'the penguin' phillip seymour hoffman would do a fantastic job portraying him. The riddler would also be a very interesting character to watch onscreen

Ledger is not getting re-cast, nor should he ever in Nolan's set of films. Ledger is his Joker. Definitively.

I don't see the Scarecrow really in the next one. The cameo in this one was a waste. If there is a cameo from TDK it'll be Two-Face, other than that I see this being self contained completely. The last act of most 3 part plays is "redemption" I have a feeling this will go that route. Look for someone like Dent to play out his Justice flips still having to do with Gordon or someone like Black Mask whose alter ego has a legitimate problem with Bruce Wayne and would be looking for his own redemption. The play on that will be the key to figuring out the villain. Redemption for Batman but also other characters looking for that as well.

i wouldn't call Scarerow's appearance a waste... look how the mighty have fallen... the presence of the bat has reduced Scarecrow to a measly drug dealer...

i wouldn't call Scarerow's appearance a waste... look how the mighty have fallen... the presence of the bat has reduced Scarecrow to a measly drug dealer...

Plus. Its a nice harkening to the comic and cartoons that the Batman villians are never in prison...lol.

since EVERY little single thing you can read now on the net is PURE SPECULATION and none of it is REAL, we might as well fantasize meanwhile :)

this is how catwoman should apear if she will make it to the third part and if the third part will come:
catwoman_01.jpg

catwoman_03.jpg

catwoman_04.jpg

catwoman_05.jpg

catwoman_06.jpg

catwoman_02.jpg

Bianca Beauchamp for Catwoman! :banana

In all honesty, I don't know who I want to see, or what I want to see in a third Nolan film. I think Nolan should bring it back to Batman's redemption sure and make him more the focus of the film, him getting lost in this beast he's created and Alfred, Fox and Gordan trying to pull him back. As for villains, I just don't know. Who would best serve the redemption story because thats what a villain would have to serve. I do wish Two-Face was still around and the Joker. I do think Nolan could recast the Joker and I don't like having to see anyone but Ledger play the Joker because now he is the Joker to me, but people die and thats life. But if he got someone like Benicio Del Toro or someone who is also fearless to take on the role it could work. I also think Nolan is going to have a hard time topping this and don't think he can with me as he used my two favorite villains in TDK. I wish Two face was saved more for the 3rd film, but then we wouldn't have the best ending to ever happen in cinema. I honestly couldn't believe I would ever see a scene so dark and touching and scary as when Harvey had a gun to Gordons' sons temple and forcing Gordon to tell him it's going to be okay. I was at the edge of my seat and actually wanted to yell at the screen "Let him go!!!" Thats what a great movie should do is get you personally and emotionally invested in the characters and the story. Please oh please Nolan return and prove me wrong about not being able to top this masterpiece !!

In all honesty, I don't know who I want to see, or what I want to see in a third Nolan film. I think Nolan should bring it back to Batman's redemption sure and make him more the focus of the film, him getting lost in this beast he's created and Alfred, Fox and Gordan trying to pull him back.

the idea of a "redemption" theme only makes me veeery curious :)

So you want Catwoman to look exactly like she did in Batman Returns? She's a thief, obviously 7 inch heels aren't very practical and neither is skin tight vinyl as it smells weird, is hot, and makes funny noises when you move.

Back