"The Predator" by Shane Black (2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they want to do pred on pred themes (or aliens/predator), they really should just cut the human element out. Its like they *want* to do something new and different but dont have the balls to go all in and completely ditch the old formula.

I think the audience is sophisticated enough to embrace a film with no human element if its done well enough.

I say just stop with these franchises altogether. In the words of Bishop in Alien 3 they'll ''never be top of the line again''.

But if they absolutely have to keep trying then yeah, Reefer, maybe that's not a bad idea.

If they want to do pred on pred themes (or aliens/predator), they really should just cut the human element out. Its like they *want* to do something new and different but dont have the balls to go all in and completely ditch the old formula.

I think the audience is sophisticated enough to embrace a film with no human element if its done well enough.

I do like the human element in a Predator movie. I think the problem is that the focus of the recent movies has been action/comedy; when the real essence of Predator movie is horror.
If given the chance of a new movie with a good horror movie director, then the franchise could really be back in shape.

I say just stop with these franchises altogether. In the words of Bishop in Alien 3 they'll ''never be top of the line again''.

But if they absolutely have to keep trying then yeah, Reefer, maybe that's not a bad idea.

Im ok with keeping with the franchise as long as there’s at least something enjoyable in the flicks. But yeah, if “the predator” is the bar of quality now, better just to let it die lol

I do like the human element in a Predator movie. I think the problem is that the focus of the recent movies has been action/comedy; when the real essence of Predator movie is horror.
If given the chance of a new movie with a good horror movie director, then the franchise could really be back in shape.

True, thats the core of the human element in the originals, but it’s been done well enough already. Im not too interested in seeing the originals rehashed yet again personally, and its pretty apparent that any other direction with humans is going to come across as pretty silly.

Im ok with keeping with the franchise as long as there’s at least something enjoyable in the flicks. But yeah, if “the predator” is the bar of quality now, better just to let it die lol

I'm still shocked that this is what they came up with to bring new life to the series. They spoke so highly of the original during the promotional phase but with the parody film they made you'd think they view it as complete trash. It's confusing.

well now that Disney owns the rights to it, they will re-invent it. In fact there will be a long awaited female predator in the next film. No, sorry it won't be Machiko, but instead a trans gendered 'female' predator who goes to other planets to unite all the lost tortured souls who are having gender dysphoria issues, she becomes their galactic champion, but not in a gladiator type of sense. Sadly this is the 'human' aspect too many movies today are trying to go for. I mean ****, there was an open petition/comment to have Poe be gay in the next star wars movie, to be more human inclusive. WTF is it coming to. Let's not forget we're getting an emo/trans terminator next! (well she looks it to say the least!)

well now that Disney owns the rights to it, they will re-invent it. In fact there will be a long awaited female predator in the next film. No, sorry it won't be Machiko, but instead a trans gendered 'female' predator who goes to other planets to unite all the lost tortured souls who are having gender dysphoria issues, she becomes their galactic champion, but not in a gladiator type of sense. Sadly this is the 'human' aspect too many movies today are trying to go for. I mean ****, there was an open petition/comment to have Poe be gay in the next star wars movie, to be more human inclusive. WTF is it coming to. Let's not forget we're getting an emo/trans terminator next! (well she looks it to say the least!)

I’m all in for movies with inclusive characters. But for Predator or aliens, is completely unnecesary to apply “human” behavior or traits. I mean these things are aliens, why would they have to act or develop human behaviors?
I don’t know if they will include a female predator someday, I hope not, I don’t even need to know how they reproduce themselves. I didn’t even want to know they have predator dogs...
I just want a Predator movie that makes me feel horror, like the first 2 movies. I remember I watched them as a kid and I felt fear, I felt being watched in the dark.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Great analogy. Imagine if the Alien and Predator series ended with Alien 3 and Predator 2. Not that those two films were on par with the originals but they were still interesting and at least somewhat respectable chapters that could have closed out both series' with at least modicum of dignity.

Thank God BR 2049 bombed at the box office and we have at least one iconic sci-fi franchise that might remain forever untarnished.

Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine I would see a Predator film where a central plot was a Predator trying to take a kid's autism in order to weaponize it.

How did this **** still manage to get past the approval stages after all the reshoots?

Great analogy. Imagine if the Alien and Predator series ended with Alien 3 and Predator 2. Not that those two films were on par with the originals but they were still interesting and at least somewhat respectable chapters that could have closed out both series' with at least modicum of dignity.

Thank God BR 2049 bombed at the box office and we have at least one iconic sci-fi franchise that might remain forever untarnished.

Indeed. Though a friend of mine files BR 2049 alongside all the other redundant cashgrab sequels - it's frustrating :lol No! Not the same! How can someone not see the merit in that film compared to the likes of Terminator Genisys? There's no convincing him.

Indeed. Though a friend of mine files BR 2049 alongside all the other redundant cashgrab sequels - it's frustrating :lol No! Not the same! How can someone not see the merit in that film compared to the likes of Terminator Genisys? There's no convincing him.

Ha, yeah that's crazy. At the very least I've got to imagine he's never read the original novel then. Both films showcase great aspects of the book not represented by the other movie. But even as self-contained films they don't really overlap with regard to themes, given that BR is all about replicants trying to lengthen their lives with BR 2049 focusing on replicants who want to increase the quality of their lives (at the expense of its length.)

I didn't really get to the root of what he didn't like about it and opted not to push the matter. He's super-cynical about any sequel, remake, reboot...for that matter any Summer-Blockbuster type film. He hates superheroes. It's almost a wonder how we're even friends :lol He can however quote Predator and we have a running joke with the Billy laugh - anything that's worth laughing at is worth doing the Billy laugh.

Another Alternate Ending for ‘The Predator’ Featured the Return of Newt from ‘Aliens’?!

giphy.gif

Their alternate "Predator Killers" sound like a bit you'd see on Saturday Night Live.

Soon we'll learn that they shot versions with Rebel Wilson, Daisy Ridley, Christopher Walken, Big Bird, etc.

yeah it's starting to sound trollish now...

It would have made more sense to have any of the following emerge:

A terminator
RoboCop
an actual Alien
****, fuggin Batman for f's sake

If they dodged Weaver's likeness by keeping face covered, why didn't htye just find some bodybuilder, have his face covered and have his nametag simply say 'Dutch'.

Shane Black is insane....

Back