"The Predator" by Shane Black (2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forget the Snyder cut for Justice League, we need to push for the Tanker Preds cut! :lecture

I would say there's a 90% chance we'll get these from Neca later. Then jye can buy them and then they fall on his head from the shelf because they'll have the a-dev curse of short left leg syndrome. :lol

:lol :lol

The opposite will happen this movie will get figures with equal leg lengths and young John Connor will be crooked lol

This. :gah: Speaking of John, where's my official reveal?

This. :gah: Speaking of John, where's my official reveal?

jc-steiner.jpg

I guess I'm in the minority here, because I actually liked "The Predator". Definitely not anywhere near the original, but somewhere around a tie to the second. And that's only close because the late-great Bill Paxton was in the sequel, RIP buddy. I love Shane Black's writing. That's what made this movie for me, the characters and their interaction and dialogue. I didn't really care all that much about the actual "Predators" in the movie, they were background for me. The Lethal Weapon series, The Last Boy Scout, The Nice Guys, Iron Man 3 (I know, everyone hated but me, lol) I really enjoyed. I certainly thought this movie was far better than the garbage Alien v Predator movies and that Robert Rodriguez "copy of the original" movie (and I like RR movies too, just not that one).

Anyway, just my 2 cents. I was happy seeing this movie, unlike "The Meg". God, that piece of **** was the worst of the year for me. But, to each his/her own. I just think Shane Black is a fantastic writer. Only reason I saw the movie. And Olivia Munn. Besides being super hot, I thought she was pretty good too...

I guess I'm in the minority here, because I actually liked "The Predator". Definitely not anywhere near the original . . .​
. . . the late-great Bill Paxton was in the sequel . . . Lethal Weapon [1 & 2 are good] . . .​

I quoted the only bits of your post I can agree with :)

Added $10 million over the last 2 weeks.

We're now a month after release, and it's almost matched the worldwide gross of the last 2 movies.

However, THIS cost an estimated $50 million more to make than each of those two!

I think the only way they can rescue this financially would be to make sure the BluRay has BOTH versions of what was filmed - the cinematic release AND the one they showed to test audiences before the massive re-shoots that resulted in the jumbled mess we got. At least that way, curiosity might encourage extra purchases.

Peeing on the graves of Black + Decker + those enabling Fox execs . . . is now on the bucket list of more than a few Predator fans :gah:

2018-10-14-The-Predator-Box-Office-worldwide-summary.jpg

I quoted the only bits of your post I can agree with :)

Added $10 million over the last 2 weeks.

We're now a month after release, and it's almost matched the worldwide gross of the last 2 movies.

However, THIS cost an estimated $50 million more to make than each of those two!

I think the only way they can rescue this financially would be to make sure the BluRay has BOTH versions of what was filmed - the cinematic release AND the one they showed to test audiences before the massive re-shoots that resulted in the jumbled mess we got. At least that way, curiosity might encourage extra purchases.

Peeing on the graves of Black + Decker + those enabling Fox execs . . . is now on the bucket list of more than a few Predator fans :gah:

2018-10-14-The-Predator-Box-Office-worldwide-summary.jpg

I'd love to see the original cut. Probably much better. And the studio would make much more on dvd sales. I did hate the final scene in the movie, which must have been one of the re-shoots. But, I doubt the studio will ever release it. Rogue One was another that I would have liked to have seen the original (just out of curiosity).

It's really probably time to put this franchise to bed. I saw the original in the theater as a kid, and it stuck with me for so long. First time I saw pretty much the entire cast get killed. That was crazy to me at that time (age). They'll never get that magic back again.

Budget was $88 million though and it still hasn't broke even yet. It's not doing that well regardless.

I can't believe how bad it was...or maybe I can I guess. How often do we get genuinely good sequels to the classics anymore? Bladerunner 2049 was about it and even that would be disputed by some.

Last edited:
Back