"The Predator" by Shane Black (2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1)Predator
1)Predator 2 (equally as good as 1)
2)AVP-R (yeah I said it! I understand a lot of reasons why people don't like this one, but I do...plus it has the best predator ever made in it, the Wolf)
3)Predators (even though I didn't like it better than AVP, it still at least had a decent feel to it like they tried)
4)AVP
.......And I guess there are no more to choose from

P1 is timeless. P2 is very dated. Didn't really connect with any of the characters. Didn't care for the stupid drug war crap or the covert government operation trying to freeze it.

I can see dated, but it's ****ing awesome! "Want some candy?"

BTW did you see my last response about Christine and my missing your point you were trying to make?

I did. :duff

My grouping of those movies might have been a stretch but they made sense to me, lol.

Regarding Predator 2 I've always enjoyed that one. I was big on the original Dark Horse comics that had come out shortly before and was thrilled to see the city environment used on screen. Loved all the new tech and the look of the City Hunter. I found it to be very cinematic on the big screen as well, probably saw it three or four times at the theater in the fall of 1990.

:duff

My grouping of those movies might have been a stretch but they made sense to me, lol.

Yeah.. In my mind I was thinking .. "Even if you hate Christine, the quality was way higher then Laserblast and Evilspeak" SO I just had an automatic disconnect with the point you were trying to make.

Either way, don't bad mouth Christine
:lol

Khev said:
Have you noticed that Laserblast, The Predator, and Christine all--

JAWS said:
giphy.webp

:lol ;)

1)Predator
1)Predator 2 (equally as good as 1)
2)AVP-R (yeah I said it! I understand a lot of reasons why people don't like this one, but I do...plus it has the best predator ever made in it, the Wolf)
3)Predators (even though I didn't like it better than AVP, it still at least had a decent feel to it like they tried)
4)AVP
.......And I guess there are no more to choose from
I couldn't see the Wolf.

Warning spoilers below.

Saw The Predator, glad I did. I enjoyed it. Not a perfect movie, but not a bad one either. So to those who said it's bad, put your money where your mouth is - what would have made it better for you?

A few things I noticed - the editing when they were blowing those bombs off in the jungle could have been better - I figured out what was going on, but a few quick shots would have really helped that scene a lot.

The suit at the end was cool, but I thought it felt a little too "star wars" for a Predator movie, if you know what I mean.

I liked the concept of the predators taking the spines out not only as trophies but to genetically improve themselves; it worked for me, being that they're not only hunters but clearly in all the films come from an advanced society.

I liked the scene where the Predator walked right by the woman scientist (she looked like she was kneeling, he probably figured she was worshipping him and moved on).

Any, I look forward to seeing comments on what those who didn't like it were expecting or hoping for. I know that the film could have gone in a lot of different directions, but considering all the previous ones, I didn't see it as a missed opportunity at all, like the critics claimed. Sure, they could have done more with it, but how much did they really do with ANY of the previous ones? Sometimes more of the same is okay - I don't want them to turn it into Star Wars anyway.

Nearly every point you've listed is a reason I didn't enjoy the film. :lol

What's the story behind fugitive's second damaged mask? Or was it just another one of the many stupid plot devices in this movie?

For the record, I'd watch a Predator focused movie with subtitles anyday.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I thought it was actually one of the funnier scenes in the movie. It happens so fast, but

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I absolutely do not remember the scene you described. What was the preceding scene?

Last edited:
From all that I´ve read, across several platforms, I already call this movie utter BS and I will not put in one Euro in this!

I am SICK and tired of studios giving us ****, served on a plate, scented as chocolate pudding, with a cherry on top and think we eat it up just because it says Predator, Terminator, Robocop, Baywatch, or whatever.

The Predator: 2 Predators (one even bigger then "Predators" original Super Predators), in a jungle/town, rag tag band of mercs/soldiers and in FUNNY?! That´s AVP-R merged with Predators and current style of movie making. Predators was the last great sequel, just recently rewatched it and it worked perfectly. Sequel to that would´ve been money.

Terminator 3, Salvation, Genisys:
3: Garbage, haven´t watched it in years and won´t probably ever again
Salvation: Enjoyable, not part of the mythos and on movie nights, but not what we wanted
Genisys: Interesting sequences, but overall a hot mess.
All: Made to set up a new trilogy, reception on all was lackluster, yet they fail to make something good.
6: To be seen...

Baywatch: Funny...just funny. Why? It was a tv series back in the day, which was serious and situational humor and not slapstick, same as 21/22 Jump Street, Starsky & Hutch and The Dukes Of Hazard.

RoboCop: Same as Terminator Genisys: Interesting sequences, but was it good and needed?! No!!!
Hope for Blomkamp´s sequel, but seeing it going the route of Genisys.

So, yeah...my 2 cents. It may be funny, but it´s not a damn Predator movie. Sorry. It just isn´t.

Unleash the hate EndoSickness...

Stick to your guns, speak with your wallet, shout from the mountain-tops...do what you need to do.

I'm not to sure that Hollywood is listening however, they will continue to deliver what they have always delivered: good and bad movies. Not all Blockbuster movies are quality and some box office failures are great.

Now as to your supposition that this is not a 'damn Predator movie'...well it is...it has Predator characters, it pays homage to the original (albeit in a light-hearted comical way! "Get to the choppers........." was particularly funny) it has Predators killing humans, Predators killing another Predator, it has action and gore. Yup...just like the other Predator movies before it.

Predators set up a chance for an interesting sequel, I don't know why it was abandoned. While that movie had some out of place characters, I felt like the overall film did a good job blending what was good about P1 and P2 with a new twist in that we're on a world of theirs.

You could almost duplicate the same P1/P2 formula on earth and just keep going through time, have old west Predators with cowboys trying to survive, P2 established that the hunts had been going on for a long time.

They could do an entire movie about the Predators coming to earth in the past and the backstory of the elder Predator getting Raphael Adolini's pistol on the pirate ship.

There is all the material in the world from the comics and video games etc so why aren't they using them? How about a film with Scarface, Serpent Hunter or Machiko?

Back