"The Predator" by Shane Black (2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is a ****ing horrible mess. A huge disappointment. And worst of all it is sadly...with that ending is a franchise killer. But this is the trend in Hollywood. Next in line is Terminator. (If it is not already killed.) It is a sad thing since I am a huge fan of the universe. Alien 1-3, Predator 1-2 (Even enjoyed Predators), The AvP comics, books and the fantastic AvP 1-2 games. But you cannot do much about it. Just a piece of crap...I hope it will fail at the box office big time...and a new one never get made from this.

after seeing The Predator once, I'd rank them:

-Predator
-Predator 2
-The Predator
-AVP
-AVP-R
-Predators

but AVP and the Predator can be interchangeable ...the others have cemented their places in Cinematic Heaven & Hell

post # 5150 for the Guitar players in the house.

Questions.

How did main guy know the little ball made you invisible and why did he swallow it?

If the fugitive pred was helping us with the suit, why was he killing everybody?

Why did T. Jane decide to jump on a flaming predator? Did he think he had any chance of killing it?

What kind of ship has shields that creep around it slowly and leave a safe space for people to crawl under?

How did main guy know the combination to the predator ship door?

What happened to main baddie? The black guy who chewed a lot of gum and had the stupid shoulder cannon. Did he die?

I must have been conversing with the chick who was waiting on me at the dine-in theater if he did. Which by the way, I'm sicker than a dog now. Kids running a dine-in theater is probably not the safest choice of food.

What kind of ship has shields that creep around it slowly and leave a safe space for people to crawl under?

:lol :lol

What happened to main baddie? The black guy who chewed a lot of gum and had the stupid shoulder cannon. Did he die?

Olivia Munn called out to him as the shoulder cannon was about to go off and when he turned his head the cannon turned with it causing him to blow his own head off.

I want my money back. Now I understand why people pirate movies.

I thought about holding off and just doing this, but as an OG fan, I had to at least say I saw it in the theatres. At l least it was a matinee price and not full evening pricing I gave to this.

:lol :lol

Olivia Munn called out to him as the shoulder cannon was about to go off and when he turned his head the cannon turned with it causing him to blow his own head off.

You'd think there would be some safeguard with that, or else would not a Predator also be vulnerable to doing the same thing? That whole 'final battle' scene was silly IMHO. And the whole Predator subtitles in the movie was also a dumb move. Evem though I didn't like the super predator, I'll take the berserker predator/clan and that story line aspect from Predators to this.

Since everyone else is ranking I'll go:

P1
P2
AVP
Predators

Dead tie for worst, AVP-R and The Predator

I was braced for the Predator subtitles to be stupid going in but seeing them in the movie didn't bother me since they were all very brief and to the point sentences. Now if the Predators were cracking jokes or getting all emo with their subtitle speech then that would have been a different story.

%&{}>#@< ("Traitor!")

^)#*(%)(&}{|{}|>< ("But this is how we win, not by hunting what we hate but by saving what we love.")

lol

The bad guys death scene was filmed terribly and happened way too fast considering how pivotal of a character he was. It's just another thing to add to the massive list though really isn't it.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The bad guys death scene was filmed terribly and happened way too fast considering how pivotal of a character he was. It's just another thing to add to the massive list though really isn't it.

I agree on it happening too fast. His death had allegedly been filmed as occurring earlier in the film during the big daylight "Predators in tanks" sequence but when Fox demanded that that all be scrapped they quickly added his death to the new nighttime battle in the forest. As easy as it is for me to look at those silly pics of the Predators wearing human cargo pants and Fox's seemingly wise decision to demand reshoots I have to ask: Did no one at Fox actually read the script prior to those scenes being filmed? Who in their right mind would have thought that that sounded cool on paper and signed off on it in the first place?

. . . I have to ask: Did no one at Fox actually read the script prior to those scenes being filmed?
Who in their right mind would have thought that that sounded cool on paper and signed off on it in the first place?

Exactly.

Fox really haven't got a clue - we got Prometheus, then Covenant, now THIS!

They have no excuse - it's down to Black & Dekker for coming up with this crap, and whoever at Fox greenlit the original script.

. . . and these people do this for a living for Christ's sake!​

Sadly, I think we all have to accept the reality that it's going to be a LONG time until we see another Predator movie.

Having done a bit of cogitating (it's not illegal), my sequence is:

1. P2 (* gasp / sacrilege *)
  2. P1
  3. Predators
  4. AVP
  5. The Predator (because the last 40mins was awful)
  6. AVP-R

The first half of The Predator and the second half should get their own categories when ranking, lol.

1. Predator
2. Predator 2
3. First half of "The Predator"

4. All the other junk

Lol! That is awesome! I hated the fact that he had it in the first place.

The main “Bad Guy” Sterling K. Brown had the best line in the movie. In the scene down in the lab when they were explaining why they call the alien the “Predator."

“The Predator right guys…..FUCH yeah”

This movie established great secondary characters in the “Loonie Squad”. Wish they went against the grain and had all of them survive. They could have been like the new “Expendables" if "The Predator” received a sequel. All their death scene ’s felt rushed to have them killed off quick before the movie ends when compared to how they were able to survive the first 3/4 of the movie.

Considering how much I loved P2 exiting the theatres back in the day and how disappointed I was exiting the theatres for AVP, AVP2 & Predators. I have to go with my initial viewings in my rankings:

Predator
Predator2
The Predator
AVP
AVP2

Predators (easily the most forgettable if you were around when only the original Predator exists and you watched these movies as they were released in real time)

Exactly.

Fox really haven't got a clue - we got Prometheus, then Covenant, now THIS!

They have no excuse - it's down to Black & Dekker for coming up with this crap, and whoever at Fox greenlit the original script.
. . . and these people do this for a living for Christ's sake!​

Sadly, I think we all have to accept the reality that it's going to be a LONG time until we see another Predator movie.

Having done a bit of cogitating (it's not illegal), my sequence is:

1. P2 (* gasp / sacrilege *)
  2. P1
  3. Predators
  4. AVP
  5. The Predator (because the last 40mins was awful)
  6. AVP-R

Black and Dekker :lol oh man i’m crying

Wait...

WAIT.....

WAIT!!!

Did you....did you....DID YOU JUST RATE P2 ABOVE P1!!!!

Hnnnnng

I SAID...

HNNNNNNNNG!!!

Last edited:
This movie established great secondary characters in the “Loonie Squad”. Wish they went against the grain and had all of them survive. They could have been like the new “Expendables" if "The Predator” received a sequel. All their death scene ’s felt rushed to have them killed off quick before the movie ends when compared to how they were able to survive the first 3/4 of the movie.

Yeah I thought it was strange that the Loonies seemed to have full script immunity for almost the entire film only to all die within five minutes of each other. Probably once again due to several earlier deaths occurring in reshot sequences that got pushed to the end of the film.

Yeah I thought it was strange that the Loonies seemed to have full script immunity for almost the entire film only to all die within five minutes of each other. Probably once again due to several earlier deaths occurring in reshot sequences that got pushed to the end of the film.

I think full script immunity would have made the movie that much more enjoyable!!

Back