The Matrix 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just can't see amortizing so many huge films across the annual subscription fee as adding up. I still feel like some of these are loss leaders and in time, when the long-term subscribers are better understood, many big-budget films won't get made if they are straight-to-stream.
I think NWH has definitely shown how foolish WB's business model has been with regard to theatrical releases.

MR was on my must see list but WB just made it too easy for me save money on tickets and gas.

Judging by the box offices tallies I wasn't alone with that mindset.

NWH takes it for me because it packed quite an emotional wallop for me where as JL was just a 4 hour fun ride.
I thoroughly enjoyed ZSJL but
Spoiler Spoiler:

(NWH Spoiler above)

Last edited:
I thoroughly enjoyed ZSJL but watching the three Spideys swinging around the Statue of Liberty in unison as a team made me feel like it was a moment I'd waited my entire life for.
Yup

I love love love his JL a thrilling fun piece of entertainment.

BUT…

Them swinging together hnng

AG catching MJ hnng

Tobey’s face without saying a single word holding the glider back hnng

Aunt May determined salvation ideology no matter the stakes then her death upholding her words hnng

WAIT holy crap Khev!

Aunt May’s determination to stand firm = EG Cap’s Thanos face down :thud:

Meanwhile while Aunt May is standing firm a Super Soldier out in Baltimore is doing his part…

1640623711592.gif

Last edited:
Watch this and have your mind blown. :)

That's a cool video (thanks for posting!), but I don't think there's anything more to the Neo and Morpheus characters than what we see explicitly laid out in the movie.

The Morpheus/Smith hybrid that Thomas Anderson creates in his modal is a byproduct of original Neo's subconscious. That in itself is enough to explain why Thomas Anderson and the modal Smith have the same experiences (eating at the same place in the same seat, going to the same gym for the same routine, etc.).

It's basically Thomas Anderson doubting his reality and taking two approaches to discovering the truth about his doubts: 1.) going to therapy, and 2.) building an AI construct where a character program experiences life in the same way, to have the same existential crisis, in the hopes of eventually breaking free and helping Neo discover his own true reality.

Neo's subconscious wouldn't have created a modal version of Anderson/Neo to have those experiences because then the modal version wouldn't have enough independent certainty of true reality. So his subconscious used two acquaintances from past experience who *did* have the independent ability to break free: Morpheus and Smith.

I think Matrix fans will be looking for complexity in Resurrections that just isn't there. It was an allegory of the director's personal and professional life experience. It's not constructed to go deeper than that, IMO. To me, the question is: Was this movie a true look in the mirror, or was it one of those things where someone looks in the mirror while sucking in their face, tilting their head, and changing expressions until they see a more idealized version that obscures some flaws? :lol

That's a cool video (thanks for posting!), but I don't think there's anything more to the Neo and Morpheus characters than what we see explicitly laid out in the movie.

The Morpheus/Smith hybrid that Thomas Anderson creates in his modal is a byproduct of original Neo's subconscious. That in itself is enough to explain why Thomas Anderson and the modal Smith have the same experiences (eating at the same place in the same seat, going to the same gym for the same routine, etc.).

It's basically Thomas Anderson doubting his reality and taking two approaches to discovering the truth about his doubts: 1.) going to therapy, and 2.) building an AI construct where a character program experiences life in the same way, to have the same existential crisis, in the hopes of eventually breaking free and helping Neo discover his own true reality.
I don't think most people that watched the film even got this part. I've seen reviewers confused by the opening of the film and the fake Morpheus.

After letting the dust settle, I think the biggest problem I have with the film is how soft the ending feels.

Spoiler Spoiler:

After letting the dust settle, I think the biggest problem I have with the film is how soft the ending feels.

Spoiler Spoiler:
I agree my favorite ABC Afterschool Special was when Timmy’s mom slapped Timmy’s Guidance Counselor so hard it broke his jaw in half!

I quickly learned that Timmy’s mom was no joke!

Spoiler Spoiler:
100% agree. I'm surprised they didn't all stand there with hands on hips and throw their heads back in mutual laughter after the cat did a cute sneeze or something like it was the end of a He-Man episode.

Spoiler Spoiler:
I got a Harry Potter vibe. The one where he flies into the camera, the film stops, and the movie ends.

Yup

I love love love his JL a thrilling fun piece of entertainment.
Unfortunately, in the course of a 4 hour movie the "thrilling fun" parts amounted to all of about 20 minutes, which was less time than he devoted to Steppenwolf status reports, seaside sweater sniffing, slo-mo coffee deliveries and Cyborg's whining about how his Daddy didn't love him. Or are those the parts you found thrilling? :lol :banana

I love this movie, for me Resurrections was miles better than NWH.
I love Snyder, and you guys knows it, but i just dont think anyone can make Matrix outside the Wachowski sisters. But i am excited for his sci fi Rebel Moon.

Back