The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyways here is my review of the latest episode.

ABSO FREAKING MIND BLOWING AMAZING!

Hands down the most gorgeous lightsaber illumination ever used in all of SW!

RD was freaking amazing she looked gorgeous while simultaneously bad ass and at times super freaking scary!

What a beautiful beautiful looking episode just absolutely blown away!

RD live introduction was a huge WIN!

Lightsaber battles were spectacular.

ZERO COMPLAINTS!

I agree, RD absolutely killed it as Ahsoka. and her ninja-in-the-mist introduction was mind blowing!

Also, Biehn hasn't lost his touch - he still knows how to lose a gunfight. :lol

Spoiler Spoiler:

Yes, that was one thing. I'd say this is my least fav episode and am less likely to rewatch than any others. At the moment as haven't had enough sleep in 2 days so that may color things. But:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Sorry for the long-winded rant but :pfft:. F & F can do better IMO.

Nobody would be happier than me about that (well except for like, a quarter million other fans maybe :lol) but as I've said, I don't think it's practical at this point. Sidestepped at best, undone...not so much.

Just undone by omission I suppose and perhaps a bit contradicted/undermined.

All I'm really saying is I am now pretty optimistic that the ST will be avoided at the very least in favor of other pursuits and it is likely that LS makes a cool appearance.

With the exception of some Easter eggs thrown in here and there I agree they will (& should) avoid ST related story lines, simply because that story has just been told and it's far enough in the future to be irrelevant to Mando's adventures.

Ezra seems more likely than Luke at this point.

Pretty sure Luke doesn't begin training the new generation of Jedi until 6 years after this.

Regardless of who shows up, The Child isn't going anywhere, the whole show is based on the bond between him and Din. Getting rid of him would make a lot of casual viewers (and subscribers) lose interest, as well as giving up tons of merchandising opportunities.

Also lets move on from the ST talk :lol.

I agree, Luke seems very unlikely. And how would they pull it off? A de-aged Mark Hamill face on someone else's young, svelte body? I don't see that happening.

My only complaint is the size of Ahsoka horns, they should be at least in her wrist, in Rebels they were bigger than in this episode

I agree, Luke seems very unlikely. And how would they pull it off? A de-aged Mark Hamill face on someone else's young, svelte body? I don't see that happening.

I think we will see him but not necessarily soon. Perhaps even a series finale type appearance. And likely a cgi situation.

Regardless of who shows up, The Child isn't going anywhere, the whole show is based on the bond between him and Din. Getting rid of him would make a lot of casual viewers (and subscribers) lose interest, as well as giving up tons of merchandising opportunities.

No doubt. I would be very surprised if they were separated for any extended period.

No doubt. I would be very surprised if they were separated for any extended period.

Gideon is probably gonna turn up at some point and get hold of the child, then Mando is going to have the Avengers assemble all the people he has met along his journey to battle Gideon and his forces.

That Beskar spear will allow him to duel against the Darksaber.

Yes, that was one thing. I'd say this is my least fav episode and am less likely to rewatch than any others. At the moment as haven't had enough sleep in 2 days so that may color things. But:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Long-winded is right. :lol I was going to answer it point by point, but there's simply too much to unpack!

But I do have a few comments:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Long-winded rants are what Star Wars is all about! :lol

I think Favreau can do better because I've seen it, I don't think Filoni can do better. I think he's done much worse and pray that Favreau and company keep him reined in, because I think he's a poor writer and a bit of a hack relative to what could be done with the Star Wars mythos. Unfortunately I'm compelled to accept that he's a major force behind the current mythos since his work is canon. :dunno

I expect him to lose the child at some point. It just seems like a thing that has to happen for dramatic purposes because of the bond they're building. I know there was a time in season one where he didn't have the child but that was when he willingly, albeit somewhat hesitantly, handed him over to fulfil his original mission. It'd be a different story now if he lost the child. You'd see real anguish and desperation and then determination to get him back - kinda like Denzel Washington in Man on Fire.

I expect him to lose the child at some point. It just seems like a thing that has to happen for dramatic purposes because of the bond they're building. I know there was a time in season one where he didn't have the child but that was when he willingly, albeit somewhat hesitantly, handed him over to fulfil his original mission. It'd be a different story now if he lost the child. You'd see real anguish and desperation and then determination to get him back - kinda like Denzel Washington in Man on Fire.

Yes perhaps for a period of time or even a season ending cliffhanger. I'm just saying Mando won't permanently send him away to Jedi boarding school.

So much happened and changed. Ahsoka is unveiled, Mando gets an awesome new weapon, The Child gets a name, a super villain is unveiled, new plot lines are implied. This show could theoretically last for several seasons. They can't do a spin-off show for everyone, can they? ;)

I think we will see him but not necessarily soon. Perhaps even a series finale type appearance. And likely a cgi situation.

Dude just get prepared to see a new actor playing Luke in the 30 years before TFA, Mark Hamill can only be used in the 10 years gap before TFA (The force projection look from TLJ).
I think Filoni and Jon Favreau are remaking the "Heir to the Empire" using the expanded characters like Erza, Ahsoka or Cal. They will be taking Luke's place in the history.

Anyways here is my review of the latest episode.

ABSO FREAKING MIND BLOWING AMAZING!

Hands down the most gorgeous lightsaber illumination ever used in all of SW!

RD was freaking amazing she looked gorgeous while simultaneously bad ass and at times super freaking scary!

What a beautiful beautiful looking episode just absolutely blown away!

RD live introduction was a huge WIN!

Lightsaber battles were spectacular.

ZERO COMPLAINTS!

I loved every min of the ep, too. Far as I'm concerned, baby yoda's name is Baby Yoda, lol.

My only complaint is the size of Ahsoka horns, they should be at least in her wrist, in Rebels they were bigger than in this episode

I noticed that. Can't help but wonder if they were toned down for practical reasons: easier for the actress to do stunts, etc

Dude just get prepared to see a new actor playing Luke in the 30 years before TFA, Mark Hamill can only be used in the 10 years gap before TFA (The force projection look from TLJ).
I think Filoni and Jon Favreau are remaking the "Heir to the Empire" using the expanded characters like Erza, Ahsoka or Cal. They will be taking Luke's place in the history.

I don't think you will see much of Luke on this show. Just a cgi appearance that will appeal to OT fans, a ST apology of sorts.

Spoiler Spoiler:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Mara Jade Emperors hand lol such a horrible character

Thrawn trilogy has such a ridiculous convoluted plot with ridiculous characters.

Trash trash trash

TzJrb5p.gif

1v1 me IRL!

dba22152d5fcbfe63bf697a3af9d6e63.gif

Back