The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Long-winded is right. :lol I was going to answer it point by point, but there's simply too much to unpack!

But I do have a few comments:
Spoiler Spoiler:

LOL long-winded. Thanx for being nice about it. There's nothing I luv like this series.:cool:

U make some good points. I like what I think of as good writing, and up to now had either no real complaints and outright often outright admiration for some spare, lean, scripts that said a lot without over-verbalizing, and kept things in character. Led from A to B.

This - for me, just - no:(. Too many things didn't mesh. It felt forced (no pun intended) and just like "let's make some stuff up and forget about all those other episodes, and let's do some more flourishing".

Spoiler Spoiler:

They wont do CGI, they will recast Luke Just like Han, we all wanna see the 30 years adventure of Luke Skywalker.

Favreau/Filoni won't recast Hamill on this show. If what you are describing eventually happens it will be a different show probably being produced by someone else. There have often been whispers of Sebastian Stan.

Anyways here is my review of the latest episode.

ABSO FREAKING MIND BLOWING AMAZING!

Hands down the most gorgeous lightsaber illumination ever used in all of SW!

RD was freaking amazing she looked gorgeous while simultaneously bad ass and at times super freaking scary!

What a beautiful beautiful looking episode just absolutely blown away!

RD live introduction was a huge WIN!

Lightsaber battles were spectacular.

ZERO COMPLAINTS!

Pretty much sums it up for me. :D Zero complaints.

RD is instantly a perfect live action Ahsoka.
Music was spectacular.
Visuals were awesome.
Story was tight.
And I even like the little guys name.

This is not a complaint...
4551ef45f42021d1411adb0d212186e1.gif

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

LOL long-winded. Thanx for being nice about it. There's nothing I luv like this series.:cool:

U make some good points. I like what I think of as good writing, and up to now had either no real complaints and outright often outright admiration for some spare, lean, scripts that said a lot without over-verbalizing, and kept things in character. Led from A to B.

This - for me, just - no:(. Too many things didn't mesh. It felt forced (no pun intended) and just like "let's make some stuff up and forget about all those other episodes, and let's do some more flourishing".

Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm going to try to forget about

Spoiler Spoiler:

I hesitate to wade into this, but after reading the synopses for the 3 books in the Thrawn trilogy IMO there's no way in hell all that stuff is happening within the world of The Mandalorian. Even if there's a spin-off show, at best you'll see them adapt the story and characters to fit the on-screen canon that's been established.

That's the whole point.

There's no way they'd ever re-cast the OT characters, so a faithful version of Zahn's story will never be beat-for-beat in Mando. But if you take the general ideas and use some other Jedi (Ahsoka?, Ezra?, a new character?), and transfer some of the action from the other OT heroes to the likes of Din, Cara, Greef, and maybe even the baby . . . then you get a version of Heir to the Empire that fits into the parameters of this show that can also extend into spinoffs.

To me, the key takeaway from HttE (I'm not thinking ahead to the other two books in the Thrawn Trilogy) is that Thrawn gets introduced as someone who is capable and willing of forming a credible galactic power. If that means that Luke deals with him only in animated shows or books, that's still better than nothing. If Thrawn ultimately gets defeated by Luke, then his legacy gets a huge victory that the ST never allowed him to have. That's a very worthy endgame, imo.

At the end of the day, everyone wins. ST fans get to keep their story, and ST haters get to have an alternative "sequel" to the OT which references the old EU. And since many have wanted the Thrawn Trilogy to be the true sequel trilogy, they can view it that way if they want.

None of this may end up happening, but it's the best-case scenario I can think of.

Long-winded rants are what Star Wars is all about! :lol

:yess: :lol

I think Favreau can do better because I've seen it, I don't think Filoni can do better. I think he's done much worse and pray that Favreau and company keep him reined in, because I think he's a poor writer and a bit of a hack relative to what could be done with the Star Wars mythos. Unfortunately I'm compelled to accept that he's a major force behind the current mythos since his work is canon. :dunno

Amazing. Every word of what you just said was . . . absolutely true. ;)

I'm sometimes stunned by the complete lack of subtlety. And in his episodes, it's evident on multiple levels of storytelling. It's fine for cartoon show writing. But for big budget live action? Ehhh... not so much.

Long-winded rants are what Star Wars is all about! :lol

I think Favreau can do better because I've seen it, I don't think Filoni can do better. I think he's done much worse and pray that Favreau and company keep him reined in, because I think he's a poor writer and a bit of a hack relative to what could be done with the Star Wars mythos. Unfortunately I'm compelled to accept that he's a major force behind the current mythos since his work is canon. :dunno

Thanks for being nice about it - am just so W.T.F. At 4 in the morning u'd better give me a masterpiece episode of my FAVORITE SW. Ever.:cool:

Hmm, re Filoni - I'm impressed with the Clone Wars/Rebels stories. Plus I thought Favreau was overseeing things as well, and would smooth out any lumps. At least some good visuals:cool:

Spoiler Spoiler:

So, I really don't need to see more of any guest stars this season. And I really need to forget some of those script lines.:stake

Pretty much sums it up for me. :D Zero complaints.

RD is instantly a perfect live action Ahsoka.
Music was spectacular.
Visuals were awesome.
Story was tight.
And I even like the little guys name.

Probably the only thing I would have changed would have been her face reveal not being at the start of her forest battle but at the end after she took out all of the guards and walked up to the magistrate.

The magistrate even says reveal yourself lol

Would have been more bad ass.

When she stood up behind that one guard and lit her sabers she was downright frightening

Favreau/Filoni won't recast Hamill on this show. If what you are describing eventually happens it will be a different show probably being produced by someone else. There have often been whispers of Sebastian Stan.

Actually this is the best way to introduce the recast of luke, the show is getting more hype each episode in the media, it alone is carrying the disney plus in his back.
They will use this show to make a whole bunch of spinoffs, recast Luke will premier in this series and i would be pretty happy if the new recast Leia show up too.

Actually this is the best way to introduce the recast of luke, the show is getting more hype each episode in the media, it alone is carrying the disney plus in his back.
They will use this show to make a whole bunch of spinoffs, recast Luke will premier in this series and i would be pretty happy if the new recast Leia show up too.

:slap it's pretty clear you lack understanding of the likely direction this is headed, and also the tendencies of Favreau/Filoni.

[...]

Hmm, re Filoni - I'm impressed with the Clone Wars/Rebels stories.

Clone Wars has some decent ideas and arcs; not sure if he wrote them; but I take issue with the execution a lot of the time. Same with Rebels; but with the understanding they were cartoons for kids.

Rebels in particular had some great visuals.

But the over-complicated and ever more Harry Potter-esque mythology surrounding The Force with Space Whales thrown in for good measure ... that?s all Filoni and I have a very low opinion of all of it.

I enjoyed Rogue One but feel it veered too far in the direction of grit and realism; Filoni Wars usually goes too far in the opposite direction.

The Mandalorian is at its best when it balances humour, drama and child-like wonder in equal measure, the way ESB did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:slap it's pretty clear you lack understanding of the likely direction this is headed, and also the tendencies of Favreau/Filoni.

What i dont understand?
The sequel trilogy failed, now the biggest IP from Star Wars is "The Mandalorian", he will be the new mothership to a whole bunch of spinoff series or even movies, i bet the "Bad Batch" series will have some connection with the lore of "The Mandalorian".
The biggest mistake Disney did in the ST was not using Star Wars as a whole universe full of stuff to be explored.
Luke,Leia,Han and Lando will be recasted to apear in the future.
This is the way Disney is moving now. Filoni as a storyteller is like a wikipedia, he thinks like everything is connected.

What i dont understand?
The sequel trilogy failed, now the biggest IP from Star Wars is "The Mandalorian", he will be the new mothership to a whole bunch of spinoff series or even movies, i bet the "Bad Batch" series will have some connection with the lore of "The Mandalorian".
The biggest mistake Disney did in the ST was not using Star Wars as a whole universe full of stuff to be explored.
Luke,Leia,Han and Lando will be recasted to apear in the future.
This is the way Disney is moving now. Filoni as a storyteller is like a wikipedia, he thinks like everything is connected.

The OT characters will almost surely play a minimal role(if any) in The Mandalorian and it's extremely unlikely that Favreau/Filoni will recast the OT characters.

It is possible Disney will recast the OT characters in the future though on another venture of theirs. That I could definitely see happening.

I'm going to try to forget about

Spoiler Spoiler:

Agree to disagree:duff

Spoiler Spoiler:

The OT characters will almost surely play a minimal role(if any) in The Mandalorian and it's extremely unlikely that Favreau/Filoni will recast the OT characters.

It is possible Disney will recast the OT characters in the future though on another venture of theirs. That I could definitely see happening.

They have to move forward in the narrative, the OT and the PT ARE the same now in the Mandalorian lore.
I think the problem is with you not accepting that star wars is a timeline and not three separate trilogies.
Now disney in the reading side is betting in the High Republic and the pos ESB stories.
In the audiovisual side they are betting in the Mandalorian to show new possibilities of spinoff series and the new trilogy(with the timeline unknown).
I bet the Obiwan, Cassian Andor, Boba Fett and the Bad Batch will feature connections with the Mandalorian lore

Clone Wars has some decent ideas and arcs; not sure if he wrote them; but I take issue with the execution a lot of the time. Same with Rebels; but with the understanding they were cartoons for kids.

Rebels in particular had some great visuals.

But the over-complicated and ever more Harry Potter-esque mythology surrounding The Force with Space Whales thrown in for good measure ... that?s all Filoni and I have a very low opinion of all of it.

I enjoyed Rogue One but feel it veered too far in the direction of grit and realism; Filoni Wars usually goes too far in the opposite direction.

The Mandalorian is at its best when it balances humour, drama and child-like wonder in equal measure, the way ESB did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, for sure IMO Clone Wars and Rebels have their sugary moments; but I tend to roll with it more thanks to the IMO well-crafted characters, some fairly deep/mature concepts (depending on episode), excellent design work, IMO pretty good scripts with stuff that's really funny at times.

Plus, thanks to the number of shows, I didn't have to worry. Plenty of variety to go around. If it it was too saccharine/corny in one episode, something else was coming along.

Personally lean more towards the grit of Rogue One and even Solo, with appreciation for grand spectacle like Mando Season 2 Episode 1 (still my favorite from this season).

But, yeah:

Agree to disagree:duff

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Back