The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Black market, after-market ... after the fall of an empire no reason they couldn?t buy an AT-ST. Or even steal one if they were lucky.

I?m continually surprised at people?s reaction to Cara. She?s big, highly trained, experienced and strong. No reason she?s not dangerous to
him. She even got the drop on him.

He repeatedly walks into unknown situations and deals with the repercussions.

?Realistically? I?d say Mandalorians aren?t legendary because they?re unbeatable. In fact the Empire beat them soundly by the looks of it.

They?re legendary for being uncompromising, highly skilled and brave as ******k. But they bleed like anyone else. No reason a veteran shocktrooper wouldn?t give them trouble on one day or the next.

He did try to fry her but she?s not a dumb stormtrooper. She foresaw that threat and dealt with it. On a different day she may have lost, or he may have. Looks real to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TCL 6 Series. jye can tell you what the most bang for your buck would be now though.

Just make sure that both the TV and player you get do Dolby Vision.

Last edited:
I decided to just watch all the eps on YT in that crappy (well, I have a large-screen iMac retina) "corner of the screen as neckbeard makes lame comments" way - so far I've managed to see all eps before Disney pulls them down - then a week or so before Xmas I'm bingeing all eps on my big screen TV.

I'm not huge on spoilers anyway - it's more about the immersion into a world, not story surprises, (and other than baby Yoda there haven't been all that many huge spoilers so far.)

I decided early on that Mandalorian will be my big SW Christmas release, not TROS.:yess:

Re: The Mandalorian - 1/6th scale The Mandalorian Collectible Figure

Ep4 is the weakest episode IMO. I dont know, but the previous 3 were setting a standard bar pretty damn high, and I'm expecting this quality of contents to keep going on...but.

The plot is literaly coming straight out of one epsiode from the Clone Wars animated series though.

Like father like daughter.

****bomb Solo movie was directed by Ron Howard.

The Mandalorian's most weakest and cliche' episode so far was also responsible by his daughter - Bryce Dallas Howard.

Coincidence? This is NOT the way. But I do enjoy Cara Dune, shes not stupidly overpowered like "Ray Ray", and feasibly capable in real combat. That "wrestling" scene of her with the Mando..."ouch", I actually kinda felt bad for him though.

The Mandalorian's most weakest and cliche' episode so far.

Maybe but I still enjoyed it. The village was definitely more Star Trek than Star Wars - reminded me in particular of Star Trek: Insurrection and Mike from Red Letter Media will probably say the exact same thing.

TCL 6 Series. jye can tell you what the most bang for your buck would be now though.

Just make sure that both the TV and player you get do Dolby Vision.

Went for the Sony 75'' X900F at Best Buy tonight. It should have the update by now, if not I have to do it but it is capable of playing Dolby Vision. Of course, now I need a 4K player... :lol

Maybe but I still enjoyed it. The village was definitely more Star Trek than Star Wars - reminded me in particular of Star Trek: Insurrection and Mike from Red Letter Media will probably say the exact same thing.

Yeah, I think the village was definitely a bit Star Trek-ish, and the people had that vibe too (OT SW really doesn't show kids much at all.) Like Horatio Sanz's blueman character in ep1 there are certain things that stand out as Star Trek-ish.

I did like how the village seemed to be inspired by some RMQ Endor artwork that was in the illustrated SW Universe book - the huts with the lake looked similar (the pic below is the most seen, but there's another one that has that thatched sticks look like in the episode,) as well as the scary "marauders" and that kind of bar-type place. Explains why the ATST shows up - inspired by Endor. And the downing of the ATST is an obvious Ewoks connection.

A bit of a retro "Ewok Adventure" vibe - the demonic ATST almost seems like something Wicket imagined and told the heroes about.

3743e75de0e0cbe0797315662cee4e54.jpg

u14l4s4b.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Went for the Sony 75'' X900F at Best Buy tonight. It should have the update by now, if not I have to do it but it is capable of playing Dolby Vision. Of course, now I need a 4K player... :lol

Hey I just got that tv too! I got a 4K player too. Discs look way more impressive than streaming. Although the 4K transfers of Star Wars on Disney+ are most impressive.

Ep4 is the weakest episode IMO. I dont know, but the previous 3 were setting a standard bar pretty damn high, and I'm expecting this quality of contents to keep going on...but.

The plot is literaly coming straight out of one epsiode from the Clone Wars animated series though.

Yeah I have to agree. This story has been done so many times before that it just felt tedious and predictable to sit through, and it also softened up Mando a little too much for my taste, making him just another reluctant do-gooder and secretly really nice guy, and removing much of the edge and mystery he once had.

Yeah I have to agree. This story has been done so many times before that it just felt tedious and predictable to sit through, and it also softened up Mando a little too much for my taste, making him just another reluctant do-gooder and secretly really nice guy, and removing much of the edge and mystery he once had.

I felt the same. It was little more then Seven Samurai/Magnificent Seven (but with only two) all over again. This show, while enjoyable to an extent, as always felt a bit derivative, and Episode 4 really showed that. Hollywood is completely devoid of any originality it seems.

And that build up of the ATST's "terror factor" when Ewoks took a dozen down with less (they at least hand the Madalorians armoury) was too much of a stretch for me.

I felt the same. It was little more then Seven Samurai/Magnificent Seven (but with only two) all over again. This show, while enjoyable to an extent, as always felt a bit derivative, and Episode 4 really showed that. Hollywood is completely devoid of any originality it seems.

Well the show is basically space Lone Wolf and Cub so dipping into Seven Samuari is pretty much expected. Yojimbo can't be far behind followed by an ep where he loses his sight and has to go all Zatoichi.

Yeah, watched the episode again and it doesn't hold up in comparison to the other episodes; feels very cheap, very Star Trek(y), and nothing like the other 3. I've watched the other 3, three or four times and still get a kick out of them (and the fact that I like something with the Star Wars brand again has been really refreshing).

It's not bad - just very forgettable.

In each of the previous episodes, there's definitive highlights that my friends and I have all equally enjoyed and continue to discuss and relish. Unfortunately, not so here. AT-ST... what, that is acts more like an animal than a machine? Sure, if you think that's cool... but I didn't. The fight between the wrestler and him? Nothing we haven't seen a thousand times before, done better. The Orcs? Forgot I was watching SW.

All just a bit blah :(

Easily the weakest Episode so far. Was hoping with it only being 8 episodes we wouldn't get a total filler episode but this was.

I was expecting to see Jean Luc Picard to transport down and start playing the flute.

Back