The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agree 100%. I personally don't care where it comes from as long as it's enjoyable, and not tarnishing the brand anymore than they already have.

SW is a joke (and disappointment) among my son and his group of friends (10-13 years old). Pisses me off, that even at their age, they think the brand is just trash.

Congratulations Rian... I hope you achieved what you set out to do.

Yep, my son is exactly the same. He's a little bit older, but he was so much into Lego Star Wars, Clone Wars, Battlefront etc.

I'll never forget as we walked out of Ep 7 he said "well that was a lot like the OT". He also didn't like Ep 8 at all, now he doesn't like any of it. Although that said, he has shown some interest in the Mandalorian and makes a point of watching that with me, which is cool.

Deborah Chow did a great job directing this episode and this coming from someone accused of being a sexist because I didn't like Kennedy Girl Power TLJ...

Then really need to replace Kennedy with Jon Favreau, he gets Star Wars...

How The F#%! do you end the Skywalker story by making it all about new characters... It makes no sense... All Abrams, Kennedy, and Johnson did was reboot the original trilogy with a female protagnoist.

Luke starts out on a desert planet and finds droids the empire is hunting, they get on the falcon and leave, they end up having to blow up a death star.

Rey starts out on a desert planet, she finds a droid the first order is hunting, she gets on the falcon and leaves, they end up having to blow up a death planet

Abrams is a hack...

Yep. I agree Deborah Chow was great !! Am glad she got the Obi-Wan gig.

Have you read this recent Rolling Stones interview. And I quote;

"Question : Jurassic World director Colin Trevorrow was slated to write and direct Episode IX before you brought J.J. Abrams back in. Is this final entry in the trilogy a particularly hard nut to crack?
KK Answer : Every one of these movies is a particularly hard nut to crack. There’s no source material. We don’t have comic books. We don’t have 800-page novels. We don’t have anything other than passionate storytellers who get together and talk about what the next iteration might be."

Just reiterates no plan, no concept, no idea. Um EU ideas anyone ??

And this is the simple thing which Faverau and Filoni get. I mean we all get it. But as she points out later in the interview, finding people like that are so hard to find.

Here's the full interview,

https://www.rollingstone.com/movies...rview-rise-skywalker-future-star-wars-912393/

Favreau got to watch his weight or he?s going to drop dead before he is even able to take over from Kennedy in 2020.

Add the stress on top of that weight and forget about it.

He?s:

Acting
Writing
Directing
Developing
Overseeing
Planning
Creating
Producing

And that?s just on Mando!

That dude is non stop.

He eats like a mad man though lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

"Question : Jurassic World director Colin Trevorrow was slated to write and direct Episode IX before you brought J.J. Abrams back in. Is this final entry in the trilogy a particularly hard nut to crack?
KK Answer : Every one of these movies is a particularly hard nut to crack. There’s no source material. We don’t have comic books. We don’t have 800-page novels. We don’t have anything other than passionate storytellers who get together and talk about what the next iteration might be."

And this is the simple thing which Faverau and Filoni get. I mean we all get it. But as she points out later in the interview, finding people like that are so hard to find.

https://www.rollingstone.com/movies...rview-rise-skywalker-future-star-wars-912393/

Yeah, Kennedy put both feet and legs in her mouth in this interview.

KK Answer : Every one of these movies is a particularly hard nut to crack. There?s no source material. We don?t have comic books. We don?t have 800-page novels. We don?t have anything other than passionate storytellers who get together and talk about what the next iteration might be."

Don't forget they also had Lucas story treatments for Episodes 7-9, they just choose to ignore them because Kennedy wanted a female protaganist... Kennedy took a job she had no bussiness taking and it has nothing to do with her being a female and everything to do with her not having any knowledge or love of Star Wars... It's obvious she has no talent, she screwed up hiring Abrams who is now exposed for being a hack and just copying the original movie (even George Lucas thinks so)... And then she hired Rian Johnson who was willing to implement her Agenda in exchange for his own Trilogy... The whole thing is such a cluster F$#@

Yoda in his crib with shifter ball accessory is going to be the fastest selling Hot Toys and Black Series ever lol

They won?t be able to keep up with demand for the plushes this holiday if they even get them out on time.

That super battle droid taking out Mando parents made the super battle droid something to be feared and taken seriously for the first time ever.

Favreau got to watch his weight or he?s going to drop dead before he is even able to take over from Kennedy in 2020.

Add the stress on top of that weight and forget about it.

He?s:

Acting
Writing
Directing
Developing
Overseeing
Planning
Creating
Producing

And that?s just on Mando!

That dude is non stop.

He eats like a mad man though lol

Have you watched The Chef Show? You?ve got a whole other list of talents ending in eating as well right there!! I?m impressed with his food prep skills. There is an episode where he really skillfully slices up a brisket for smoking. Wish I could do that. Great show btw.

It doesn't seem worth it. With a screen that large, your Iron Scavenger will no doubt end up blocking part of it.

:chase

:lol :lol :lol

Wor-Gar new tv looks nice

820A1115-0CB8-492D-AC9B-CBC61ECCFE2D.jpeg

Last edited:
Jon Favreau played the heavy gunner Mando. If HT were wise they would announce more figures from this pronto.

LOL i just used the phrase 'if HT were wise'!!!

Have you watched The Chef Show? You?ve got a whole other list of talents ending in eating as well right there!! I?m impressed with his food prep skills. There is an episode where he really skillfully slices up a brisket for smoking. Wish I could do that. Great show btw.

Yeah, I like that show but I do wonder about his health as he does seem to have gained even more weight in the past few years.

You guys are giving a lot of credit to Deborah Chow, and no doubt she did a great job with the episode, but...

It all comes down to the writing. It doesn't matter how good the director is without a great script - and at this stage (correct me if I'm wrong), we have no idea who is writing the Obi-Wan series.

Mandalorian works because of the love and respect Favreau (and Filoni) have for the source material. They've left their ego's in the parking lot, and intelligently produced a product that 99% of Star Wars fans (young and old) are really appreciating.

Let's hope whoever the show runner is for Obi-Wan (and anything SW in the future), has the same wiring.

You guys are giving a lot of credit to Deborah Chow, and no doubt she did a great job with the episode, but...

It all comes down to the writing. It doesn't matter how good the director is without a great script - and at this stage (correct me if I'm wrong), we have no idea who is writing the Obi-Wan series.

Mandalorian works because of the love and respect Favreau (and Filoni) have for the source material. They've left their ego's in the parking lot, and intelligently produced a product that 99% of Star Wars fans (young and old) are really appreciating.

Let's hope whoever the show runner is for Obi-Wan (and anything SW in the future), has the same wiring.

Same team that did E3 is writing, producing and directing ObiWan.

Fav-Filoni are driving the ship now.

This is the way.

I have spoken.

Deborah Chow did a great job directing this episode and this coming from someone accused of being a sexist because I didn't like Kennedy Girl Power TLJ...

Then really need to replace Kennedy with Jon Favreau, he gets Star Wars...

How The F#%! do you end the Skywalker story by making it all about new characters... It makes no sense... All Abrams, Kennedy, and Johnson did was reboot the original trilogy with a female protagnoist.

Luke starts out on a desert planet and finds droids the empire is hunting, they get on the falcon and leave, they end up having to blow up a death star.

Rey starts out on a desert planet, she finds a droid the first order is hunting, she gets on the falcon and leaves, they end up having to blow up a death planet

Abrams is a hack...

The Skywalker story was finished in Episode VI in any case. 7, 8 and 9 were completely unnecessary. But as The Mandalorian is proving, that's not to say Star Wars was finished.

Though I kinda dread when it starts tying into the ST.

Few other observations:

Mando knocks out the 3rd trooper he engages but what I loved about it was the call back to the silliness of Ewoks knocking out troopers in similar fashion so they had Mando take it one step further but shooting a knocked out sleeping trooper in the chest to ensure he was dead, freaking brutal!

Correct me if i?m wrong but that?s the first shoot a knocked out bad guy just to ensure he is dead killing in a SW, right.

Baby Yoda opened his eyes and looked up at Mando while he was burning that trooper alive!

Mando electrocution of a trooper with his purple lightning from his long rifle reminded me of Vader being electrocuted by the emperor purple lightning over his helmet.

Creative homages to the famous Ennio Morricone western music I would say the alterations are 90% successful.

Honestly I could?ve done without the War Machine military hand salute from the flying Mando but if I just accept it as a homage to Favreau connection to the MCU I can tolerate it.

Last edited:
[...]

Correct me if i?m wrong but that?s the first shoot a knocked out bad guy just to ensure he is dead killing in a SW, right. [...]

Well, Baze shot a dazed trooper in the head when he stirred on the ground in Rogue One ? after Chirrut gave them all a stick beating.

The Stormtrooper On Fire was further than I thought they would go.

The Skywalker story was finished in Episode VI in any case. 7, 8 and 9 were completely unnecessary. But as The Mandalorian is proving, that's not to say Star Wars was finished.

Though I kinda dread when it starts tying into the ST.

I?m not going to dread it or stress out over it because if they found a way to actually make those dreadful romper room level PT characters into palatable characters then i?m sure the ST characters will be given the same treatment over time going forward.

Back