The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Star Wars live action series-Jon Favreau's THE MANDALORIAN

Or some non-Mando. Or Boba Fett. Or Elaine Fett.

Do we know anything? :lol

We do know it takes place after ROTJ so Fett is being digested right now.

I want a Richard Simmons Mandalorian with pink shorts that does yoga.

Would you settle for Mango Fett?

MangoFett.jpg

Star Wars live action series-Jon Favreau's THE MANDALORIAN

Well this is cool...

Just so long as it doesn’t become a “callback fest” like Solo.

We do know it takes place after ROTJ so Fett is being digested right now.

Unless he escaped like he did at least twice in the EU.

I’m sticking with my “amnesiac Boba” theory.

Face it, if Maul can come back anything is possible.

Solo was very restrained with callbacks.

I was fully expecting Fett and Jabba to be in it but nope!

I went in spoiler free so to say that my jaw was on the floor when Maul was revealed is an understatement lol

How much you want to get that Emphasis Nest will become a Mandalorian!

We will see her again AND based on her flying and fighting performance during the train scene my money is on her being Fett!

If not Fett then at least a Mandalorian.

They didn’t introduce her for no reason.

*Harrison Ford voice* Restrained, you call that restrained?

• Gold dice
  • Holographic chess/Wookiees hate losing
  • Wookiee pulls arms out of sockets
  • Han meets Chewie
  • Han meets Lando
  • Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs
  • Han wins Falcon in a game of Sabacc
  • Han learns to shoot first
  • Han punch-hugs first
  • Dogfight involving Falcon’s gunner stations
  • Mention Chewie is 190 years old. Cos, y'know, he was *exactly* 200 in ANH
  • Origin of "Chewie" nickname (seriously?)
  • Crystal skull and Mandalorian armor in Dryden's lair

Like I said, just as well there won't be any more Solo movies cos it's all been covered!

Last edited:

Not circlejerk pizza, that's fo' sho'. :lol

The Dejarik table has now been in as many episodes as Alec Guinness.

Yep, surprisingly so. In fact that majority of callbacks were more along the lines of EU easter eggs. Chewie's age is never stated on-screen in the OT for instance, nor is Sabacc mentioned, or that fact that it's a card game. All of the biggest aspects of Han's character in the OT were largely ignored by "Solo" minus his acquisition of the Falcon and meeting Chewie of course. But it is an origin movie of sorts so the whole point was to show him acquiring his signature ship and co-pilot.

I was expecting eye-rolling callbacks along the lines of Jyn bumping into Walrsuman, Han saying things like "kids? no way, I bet having a kid would be the death of me" or going for the super low hanging fruit like his first meeting with fan-favorites Jabba, Boba Fett, and Greedo. The number one "past" action of Han's from the OT was him dropping Jabba's cargo, an action that plagued him through all three films and yet they made a prequel that didn't even touch that event.

*Harrison Ford voice* Restrained, you call that restrained?

• Gold dice
  • Holographic chess/Wookiees hate losing
  • Wookiee pulls arms out of sockets
  • Han meets Chewie
  • Han meets Lando
  • Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs
  • Han wins Falcon in a game of Sabacc
  • Han learns to shoot first
  • Han punch-hugs first
  • Dogfight involving Falcon’s gunner stations
  • Mention Chewie is 190 years old. Cos, y'know, he was *exactly* 200 in ANH
  • Origin of "Chewie" nickname (seriously?)
  • Crystal skull and Mandalorian armor in Dryden's lair

Like I said, just as well there won't be any more Solo movies cos it's all been covered!

Your love of the prequels has conditioned you into rejecting any film that actually has matching continuity with its predecessors, lol. ;)

Chewie's age is never stated on-screen in the OT for instance

Yet Solo somehow feels the need to spell it out.

Your love of the prequels has conditioned you into rejecting any film that actually has matching continuity with its predecessors, lol. ;)

Continuity is one thing, a checklist of OT references is just trying too hard.

N.B. I don't *love* the prequels, I just like them more than most people round these parts. And it's fun being one of the few apologists/defenders.

In fact Khev, you probably like TPM more than I do!

Yep, surprisingly so. In fact that majority of callbacks were more along the lines of EU easter eggs. Chewie's age is never stated on-screen in the OT for instance, nor is Sabacc mentioned, or that fact that it's a card game. All of the biggest aspects of Han's character in the OT were largely ignored by "Solo" minus his acquisition of the Falcon and meeting Chewie of course. But it is an origin movie of sorts so the whole point was to show him acquiring his signature ship and co-pilot.

I was expecting eye-rolling callbacks along the lines of Jyn bumping into Walrsuman, Han saying things like "kids? no way, I bet having a kid would be the death of me" or going for the super low hanging fruit like his first meeting with fan-favorites Jabba, Boba Fett, and Greedo. The number one "past" action of Han's from the OT was him dropping Jabba's cargo, an action that plagued him through all three films and yet they made a prequel that didn't even touch that event.

I didn't think Solo over did the Memberberrys, but why can't hollywood do a sequel/prequel that has zero callbacks? No Kessle Run, no first meeting between Han and Chewie or Lando, no origin of the gold dice, no playing holochest, no winning the Falcon and no Maul cameo. Just an original story with Han and Chewie doing something unexpected.

Yet Solo somehow feels the need to spell it out.

So did you throw down your 1977 Star Wars Storybook in disgust when you saw that it mentioned Chewie's age on the very first page, lol.

Stating his age provides the only reference in the film as to exactly when in the timeline the events take place and is just a fun bit of Star Wars-ey color for casuals unaware of such details.

Continuity is one thing, a checklist of OT references is just trying too hard.

What's all this animosity toward "checklists" all of a sudden? Did a checklist refuse to go to prom with you or something? :D

And when exactly does a film that is in continuity suddenly cross over into dreaded "checklist" territory? Checklist schmecklist. I just don't want it to be forced, contrived, or lazy. The opening sequence of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade is all of the above. But "Solo" interwove all of its "checklist" items quite cleverly and organically within the context of it's self-contained narrative so I quite enjoyed it.

N.B. I don't *love* the prequels, I just like them more than most people round these parts. And it's fun being one of the few apologists/defenders.

I hear you. :duff :rock

Last edited:

I didn't think Solo over did the Memberberrys, but why can't hollywood do a sequel/prequel that has zero callbacks? No Kessle Run, no first meeting between Han and Chewie or Lando, no origin of the gold dice, no playing holochest, no winning the Falcon and no Maul cameo. Just an original story with Han and Chewie doing something unexpected.

I think the only time we've ever gotten such a prequel was Temple of Doom. Not a single callback other than the brief moment he reached for his pistol in front of the two Thugee swordsman. Probably won't ever see such a film again.

Back