The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That character's only redeeming feature is that it's dead. At least I hope so.

I half expect her to come riding back on a Space Whale.
Well, since all hope of rescuing this season is already lost i.m.o. I'm kind of hoping we'll get to witness an even more conclusive meltdown these last few episodes. No more redeeming space chases or interesting cyclop-spider-droids. I say burn it to the ground! And what a way to start with that space whale entrance 🙈

This some Sid & Marty Kroft s...... Stuff we got goin' on up in here.

View attachment 631290

I dont want to hear one more thing about BoBF when we got this.... Stuff going on in Disney's flagship show. No I dont. At least Boba gave you some hot Twi'leks and Fennec Shand garotting people. We got some interesting Tuskens.

And Mando gets this.

You know what, maybe I really WILL go watch Andor, now that TBB is over. it might outrage my sensibilities less.
I'm hereby proposing a permanent ban on posting pictures of the weed cap. The PTSD is just too strong with this one

I've accepted that this show is just a swashbuckling adventure show. A "don't think about it too much and leave your brain at the door" show. But the action is not that great. Some of it has been decent, like the starship dog fights, Bo-Katan vs spider cyborg thing but some of it has been pretty bad like the crocodile fight and the pirates fight. Really uninspired choreography.
If you're going to be a basic adventure show, you really ought to do good action.
Then the one episode it branches out, tries to worldbuild and develop the overall story, it's badly executed. Clunky dialogue, bad acting etc etc. Not particularly well directed.
Definitely not to the standard of Andor.
I would call it a live action version of a Filoni animated show but I've been watching some of the Bad Batch these last couple of days, and it's often much better than The Mandalorian season 3.
There's only 3 eps left so I might as well see it to the end.
It spent too long meandering around, not a clear story focus or villain. Clunky dialogue and some light weight, badly choreographed action. I think that's why this season has failed for me personally.
Hopefully this season will now pick up steam, throw us big story development, introduce a proper villain, have some well shot, good action.
I suspect that this season, is basically a set up season. It's all here to build up to a bigger storyline and villain for season 4 and beyond. Or maybe to set the scene for the Ahsoka show.
That's all well and good, but waiting 2 years for an 8 episode (many of which have short runtimes) just to set up later seasons or another characters show just sucks.

We waited TWO YEARS so they could use this to set up the Ahsoka show?!!!!

TWO.

YEARS.

Thats not well and good, this wasting our time. And not gonna lie, ive enjoyed Bo-Katan and her various doings, true but everyone has to be set up now. As I recall no one set up Mando, he just showed up all fresh and new with Joseph Campbell's "The Power of Myth" metaphorically tucked into his belt.

This set up s.... Stuff is weaksauce. Kicking Mando out of his own show for this is weak. Mando takes a back seat to everyone in his own show.

Mandos dont need a home on Navarro. Go take Mandalore - is there anyone other than robot monsters and one mythosaur even on the planet...? - create a settlement, post an orbiting KEEP OUT sign and let the clan warfare begin. God these kowakians have the most coherent society on Navarro.

Last edited:
I'm several shows behind on this, and after catching up and finishing the Bad Batch s2 last night, I don't know If I can stomach this crap anymore... I'm definitely waiting till the seasons done.

What Rama said above, It sounds like they (Filoni and Favreau) are either willingly or being forced to follow the MCU formula. Don't make a show interesting and focus on quality, storytelling and character building, but simply use it as a platform to introduce and promote "The Next Thing". They just want the audience to watch and consume. It's all just content now. No meaning anymore. So sad....:(

It seems like this show has become the next MCU for me. I'm pretty much checked out after Endgame and everything else is just Multiverse/Elseworlds/What IF? garbage. Looks like Mando is gonna be the same. I'm fine with the show ending with the finale of s2 and just remembering/watching Mando hand Grogu to Luke...

"THE END"... With Mando never to be seen again.... :clap Hopefully Ahsoka is good. If I even watch now.

The weirder thing than Palps returning was that his throne and even most of his throne room survived... a planet-sized, vaporizing/atomizing explosion.

You would have guessed his throne room would have been that space dust that Mary Poppins/space Leia flies through.
no not really, Challenger exploded in a spectacular style, and the crew cabin survived the whole way down….

You can nitpick alot of stuff, this is an example of going too far with critiques.

Hell of alot if way more implausible stuff than this.

Oh come on.

Having anything larger than a golf ball survive that explosion intact is absolutely insipid and if you sat there watching that movie and didn't nitpick that, you must have the intelligence of a three year old.

Same with IG-11's entire body being completely intact after he blew himself to smithereens.

It's absolutely the weakest most limp dick excuse for a retcon since "Somehow Palpatine Returned."

There's so much crap in ALL the SW movies you can argue and debate until you're blue in the face, but you're never gonna convince anyone the Death Star II Throne Room landing on the surface intact isn't anything but pandering to the most braindead suckers in the audience like Eric Butts.

Also, comparing stuff in stupid space wizard movies to the actual death of real life astronauts is in poor taste.

MMW! By the end of this season every Mandalorian will be helmetless due to the Disney executives’ further quest to destroy Star Wars canon and lore… lol (Starting with the Armourer)

I think Obi-Wan was solid. Highs and lows. Somewhere out there a fan is editing out all the fluff and giving us just a tightly-paced two hour Obi-Wan adventure and I’m sure it’s great.
Unfortunately, the Obi-Wan "fluff" is the least of my concerns.

I finally forced myself to watch this week's episode. Stopping for a moment. How f'n SAD is it that I feel like I have to force myself to get through this show? It's crossed over the line and entered the realm of addiction. I used to really like this show - the first year was great. Good balance of offering something new that had simple story beats, a basic "quest" and it was filled with enough visual touchstones from other SW media without veering into just abject fan service. 2nd year...still okay, but the creeping need to drag in cameos and names and to create a "bigger" story started to fray the edges of what was an interesting idea. At least the quest got completed...

It's like they are trying to have this "big story" but instead it comes across like the cliff notes of something more we'll never see. It generates no emotion or engagement. Line readings are just that. Every character we've seen in past seasons has been reduced to a walking plot point...verbal instructions to get to the next scene. I think ZE_501 is on to something...it comes across very committee or first draft or just plain amateurish.

And someone needs to tell Filoni that his animated characters (and stories) do not all translate to live-action effectively. It makes everything gimmicky and distracting. That cameo he had sitting at that bar was INSANE. He looked like he was just sitting there in his street clothes and just didn't get off the set when the cameras started rolling. Truly one of the biggest WTF moments this show has seen. And no more SNL veterans please. Again, distracting.

Okay...I've been ranting long enough. Three more episodes of this thing left. I'm teetering on the edge...should I stop watching now before it completely destroys any interest I have in this character or should I just Charlie-Brown it one more time while these clowns Lucy the football?

Said it before, I'll say it again. It's just a little crazy when the spin-off cartoon has a great season wrap that just blows this so-called "flagship" show out of the sky....just crazy.
This post had me thinking it's a lot of the quieter/character engagement moments - along with the aesthetics and original "spare" approach to the script - that I enjoyed the most. Din D'jarin and IG, Din and Kuiil, Din and Grogu in the desert, Din and Mayfield... :monkey2

the creeping need to drag in cameos and names and to create a "bigger" story started to fray the edges of what was an interesting idea.

In a way, if I had to construct a story where Din's arc expands to something greater - F&F aren't wrong. At some point he'd run into other Mandalorians, the fall of Mandalore, Grogu's fate would have to be addressed. And the interactions with Bo are pretty good.

Except there's a sense of superficial writing that wasn't there before, as tho the writers figure "well, they'll love this". No, I don't care if Paz Vizla's son was saved by Din. Yes it makes sense; but it was also rushed, silly, and been done before in a lot of other media. But WTF as a POTC fan - a pirate leader that looks like a mixed green salad was emptied on his head, as well as costumes that look like the POTC closets were raided. Not SW at all, to me.

Well, tho, I have FAITH.😁
Cobb.jpg

Unfortunately, the Obi-Wan "fluff" is the least of my concerns.
I mean, I do count most of the "Reva" stuff as "fluff"...

But I legit enjoyed the good parts. Chiefly the Vader and Obi-Wan relationship stuff.
img_6174.gif

main-qimg-415c6de8974de7117b93d345c6aa9656

Mandalorian needs more personal stakes right now. What do Din and Grogu WANT? Who is standing in their way?

"We will unite the clans and take back Mandalore!"

Take it back? What are you talking about, it's just a barren planet. If you want to live there then go live there, no one is stopping you.

FR, like I said theres a robot/cyborg monster and one mythosaur on Mandalore. Just go take what you want, its there for the taking.

SMH at this writing.

Back