The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If any of that is true, kudos to Favreau as a story teller :clap for putting building blocks in place, all along. Same as he did building Tony Stark's mythos. Also hopefully Bo seeing that life survived and Din's respect for the creed is jump starting her out of her indifference.
***Favreau and Filoni bookmark this web page while feverishly taking notes***

I liked this last episode.

Did it make sense all the time? No.

But it had a lot of Mando goodness.

Amazing vistas and a great new world.

Underwater jetpack was cool. I still don't get how you steer, but it looked awesome.

The robot inside a robot was great! Love this new one-eyed villain. Glad they didn't try to make some "point" -- like Bo-Katan discovering it is what has become of her father. Just a nasty bad guy, who does nasty things, has a good fight, and is killed.

A little too reliant on Grogu. Following him to Bo, and then all the way back seemed like a time-waster. Figured they'd cut back to Mando... but nope. Just repeat the same trek, same beasties in the dark, etc.

Still, one of the better episodes I've seen of Mando. Not as good as Bill Burr and the train episode of course, but entertaining visually.
This is how I felt.

Cool world building - was neat to see Mandalore again. Even if destroyed. Maybe there's potential for it to be rebuilt.

Very cool visuals.

Bo-Katan was great - proving she should be wielding the Darksaber. If Sabine could just give it to her, Din should be able to as well.

Very cool villain. Looked cool, felt a bit creepy when draining blood for dinner, was a good fight with Bo.

No extra nonsense.

Mythosaur exists.

I genuinely liked this one a lot and don't understand all the complaining - especially since the good episodes have been coming more at the end of these seasons. If this was episode two, I feel optimistic on what's to come.

Now I'm ordering pizza.
See the pizza is essential but you can always forego the toppings.

1678387580806.png

Yes, she has a nice little business arrangement with the Jawas lol. I thought it made perfect sense that she'd be morally flexible in that respect - it's probably the only way to survive in that place. Plus fleecing ignorant tourists is a time honored tradition. :lol
Tell me about it my brother owns a repair shop lol

Yeah, I'm sure he knows something big grabbed him but as they (purposely, I think) only revealed the Mythosaur from B-K's perspective we're left guessing at this point. Din did go in the water without his jetpack, so unless he was planning on just wading in the kid's end of the pool that was a rather large leap of faith. He also left his weapons behind (Darksaber included), so counting on B-K to save him yet again was an even bigger leap of faith lol...

Judging by the size of its horns and eye, that Mythosaur would dwarf Mando's N-1 Starfighter. As that ship is about 6' long in 1/6 scale, I don't think anyone will be making a 1/6 Mythosaur anytime soon. :lol

But, but, IMO this is pretty much a HOLY place so figure Mando felt pretty safe...whoops. If only Bo had commented to Din about what else may have survived. 😁 Maybe Din has teeth marks in a leg to prove he took a real bath in the living waters.

Meanwhile am amusing myself with thoughts of Bo meeting the Armorer, be like the entertaining meeting of Black Widow and the Dora Milaje😁.....

LOL the to-scale Mythosaur. Would be a heck of a bust on the wall. Hopefully Hasbro at least will step up to the plate - love my Razor Crest, and gotta get some kind of N1 as well.

I genuinely liked this one a lot and don't understand all the complaining - especially since the good episodes have been coming more at the end of these seasons. If this was episode two, I feel optimistic on what's to come.
Outside of personal preferences, IMO part of it is - maybe - whether you like unfolding-journey type stories like Clone Wars or Rebels, or feel like, a movie, things should just wind up.

I'm all for the journey part, IMO there's a lot to unpack with these characters, and even better, there's characters like Vanth, Kuiil, Fennec, and IG along the way. Besides the either new, or live action environments. IMO the shattered Mandalore with the glass looked amazing along with whatever that nasty spider-android thing was. The fluid draining was disgusting and awesome.😁

I liked this last episode.

Did it make sense all the time? No.

But it had a lot of Mando goodness.

Amazing vistas and a great new world.

Underwater jetpack was cool. I still don't get how you steer, but it looked awesome.

The robot inside a robot was great! Love this new one-eyed villain. Glad they didn't try to make some "point" -- like Bo-Katan discovering it is what has become of her father. Just a nasty bad guy, who does nasty things, has a good fight, and is killed.

A little too reliant on Grogu. Following him to Bo, and then all the way back seemed like a time-waster. Figured they'd cut back to Mando... but nope. Just repeat the same trek, same beasties in the dark, etc.

Still, one of the better episodes I've seen of Mando. Not as good as Bill Burr and the train episode of course, but entertaining visually.
I totally agree we should've spent more time with Mando instead. Would've loved to see Din struggling to free himself from the eyeball mech cage while being taken to its lair (before finally getting sedated). Also, It was a huge missed opportunity to not have him leaving a trail of cookie crumbs behind for Grogu to follow.

Yep, marking his trail makes sense... but maybe the "tech" in his helmet does that with some sort of mapping system as he moves deeper -- clearly Grogu's basket knew its way back to the ship.

Bo wasn't really following Grogu -- she was following that smart-crib!

Back