The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
in my mind I still imagine a different Clone Wars that Lucas would have envisioned in the 70's that never came to be.

Me too. That was the single biggest letdown for me about the PT. It wasn't Jar Jar, it wasn't the dumb weiner kid yelling "yippee!!"....it was the Clone Wars. I'd been picturing it in my head for almost two decades at that point, and its epic epic-osity of epic-ness of what it looked like in my head could never be filmed, even by a million James Camerons.

So we get AOTC, and "begun the Clone Wars have" and I left the theater completely deflated. That's it? A bunch of gangly robots fighting Stormtroopers? THAT'S what George gives us for the Clone Wars?? Son of a *****.

"oh crap they just introduced a young version of that loser on the island. Now these stories are linked."

whoa-bill-and-ted.gif

Me too. That was the single biggest letdown for me about the PT. It wasn't Jar Jar, it wasn't the dumb weiner kid yelling "yippee!!"....it was the Clone Wars. I'd been picturing it in my head for almost two decades at that point, and its epic epic-osity of epic-ness of what it looked like in my head could never be filmed, even by a million James Camerons.

So we get AOTC, and "begun the Clone Wars have" and I left the theater completely deflated. That's it? A bunch of gangly robots fighting Stormtroopers? THAT'S what George gives us for the Clone Wars?? Son of a *****.
I always pictured the CW being the Jedi fighting mindless clones. Some kind of hive mind with partially grown bodies. Similiar to the Engineers, transluscent skin and androgenous softened features, who replicated on such a scale that they threatened the whole Galaxy to the point where it was almost brought to its knees, like the Future War with Clones around every corner and the Jedi freeing captured civilians planet by planet.

Yep after 25 years we were all "Begun...the...Clone Wars...have. Begun the Clone Wars have? That's it? Son of a *****!"

what-ralphie.gif

Yep after 25 years we were all "Begun...the...Clone Wars...have. Begun the Clone Wars have? That's it? Son of a *****!"

what-ralphie.gif
I’m very impressed the Clone Wars only began at the end of the second of three prequel movies, and pretty much ended half-way through the third.

Because who has time to focus on this galaxy spanning conflict when we can dedicate time instead to Anakin’s prose about sand and yet another senate meeting about taxes?

I’m very impressed the Clone Wars only began at the end of the second of three prequel movies, and pretty much ended half-way through the third.

Because who has time to focus on this galaxy spanning conflict when we can dedicate time instead to Anakin’s prose about sand and yet another senate meeting about taxes?
Yep, especially when they already had a template for a hero's journey set against the backdrop of a galactic war with the OT. Again it all comes down to George's screw up with making Anakin 10 years old and effectively wasting an entire film. The battle at the end of Episode I should have been the start of the Clone War with a late teen/early 20's Anakin joining the fight, then it could have spanned all of Episode II until finally being resolved at the end of Episode III, essentially mirroring the Rebel/Imperial conflict in the OT.

Of course what I'm saying is nothing new since we've all been saying this for literally decades now.

Yep, especially when they already had a template for a hero's journey set against the backdrop of a galactic war with the OT. Again it all comes down to George's screw up with making Anakin 10 years old and effectively wasting an entire film. The battle at the end of Episode I should have been the start of the Clone War with a late teen/early 20's Anakin joining the fight, then it could have spanned all of Episode II until finally being resolved at the end of Episode III, essentially mirroring the Rebel/Imperial conflict in the OT.

Of course what I'm saying is nothing new since we've all been saying this for literally decades now.
The problem is though even had they done that with his age it was still going to occur against the backdrop of “Roger Roger”

Nothing epic in either scale or scope.

Last edited:
The Prequel era is the largest, most epic, most galaxy-spanning (not a term), most expansive that Star Wars has ever been.

Not even trying to get a reaction, it's just fact. Yes I love the Prequel era and everything about it. Regardless of your own feelings on whatever outcomes there were from the Prequel era, it was/continues to be undeniably expansive.

Last edited:
Sounds like some of you guys are just mad your personal head canon didn’t happen. That always has been the biggest discrepancy between fans of the PT and those who aren’t. One group is younger and went in with little expectations and thoughts. The other is older and had years and years to think and dream of what would happen, and when it didn’t, raged hard. Can’t really blame you though.

It is interesting to see the trilogies fandom play out.

OT - Everyone loves

PT - younger fans loved, popularity growing, older fans typically hated

ST - Nobody really cares about it

Sounds like some of you guys are just mad your personal head canon didn’t happen. That always has been the biggest discrepancy between fans of the PT and those who aren’t. One group is younger and went in with little expectations and thoughts. The other is older and had years and years to think and dream of what would happen, and when it didn’t, raged hard. Can’t really blame you though.

It is interesting to see the trilogies fandom play out.

OT - Everyone loves

PT - younger fans loved, popularity growing, older fans typically hated

ST - Nobody really cares about it
I was young when prequel trilogy came along but had already become a fan of the OT by then thanks to VHS tapes and the re-releases (special editions) that preceeded the PT.

I loved the PT for what it was but even as a kid I could see the awkward direction, wooden acting and bad green screen problems. I think the PT is actually badly made, but has a good core story and some great ideas combined with some really creative designs (As annoying and un-intimidating as battle droids are they sure do look awesome and unlike any other robots seen before in sci-fi while the clones and their vehicles are pure awesome).

As a teen I always fantasised about the Star Wars saga being remade to be more coherant, keeping everything that worked and removing everything that didn't (start by remaking TPM but with better acting/direction, have it take place close to the Clone Wars with a teen/young adult Anakin etc). I imagined fixing pet peeves like the over reliance on dodgy green screen in the PT, the outdated stop motion of the OT, making the Jedi uniform an actual uniform rather than just desert dwellers robes, more OT aesthetics in the prequels so they visually blend, consistent visual effects accross the entire saga etc etc etc

Really though I sort of wanted to keep the remake saga a fantasy in my mind and leave the films as they were because I loved them anyway but after Disney ruined things with the crappy sequel trilogy I actually seriously want a clean slate now. Start fresh. Remake it all with a proper 9 movie overarching narrative. Seriously. I am at that point. I will still love the OT and like the PT but at this point the stink of the Disney trilogy has tainted them and Disney will not de-canonise the ST unless it is part of rebooting the saga (which they may end up needing to do given the mess they made and the diminishing returns they have had). Sad it has come to this but I think in the long run it would be best.

As for Mando, in its current form I think it is a diamond in the rough. Both season 1 and 2 are bloated with filler, cringe moments, pointless sidequests etc but with some editing they could become 2 very awesome movies. I am sure fan edits already exist and if I ever stop procrastinating maybe I moght try doing one, but if some competent folk could do official re-edits that condense them into 2 movies, cutting the cringe like blue alien guy and Peli Motto as well as the pointless side quests like village of walking dead extras while adding 1 or 2 new scenes to help the condenced plot flow smoothly they could actually get 2 theatrical releases very cheaply and easily that would actually be great movies. I think they could, could be easy money.

Back