The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now I may be projecting here, but the feeling I get from the trailers, is that they're telling a story in the Star Wars universe.

The sequel trilogy was too busy trying to be Star Wars to worry about things like 'story'.

For anybody hoping for a deluxe figure with simple armor swap, even the vest and suit are totally different so I don?t think that?s a possibility. It?s probably easier for Hot Toys to just release it with a Pedro headsculpt if he really does take off his helmet like the trailer teases.

HT already previewed one Mandalorian outfit.

HT won't release a deluxe with that outfit repeated along with another whole outfit.

HT WILL release a 2nd figure with the new silver Besker armor.

As is usual with HT, never buy the first figure from an unreleased movie or show.

HT already previewed one Mandalorian outfit.

HT won't release a deluxe with that outfit repeated along with another whole outfit.

HT WILL release a 2nd figure with the new silver Besker armor.

As is usual with HT, never buy the first figure from an unreleased movie or show.

Meant to post this for the conversation in the toy thread. But we’re in agreement about there being no possibility for a deluxe.

Fine by me though as I like the first armor more actually so I’m no concerned.

Moving to toy thread now.

Rogue One sucked. It was all style and no substance. Just ships and explosions and Vader murdering a bunch of dudes like a serial killer.

The characters were one dimensional cardboard cutouts and nobody gave a crap when they died one by one cause they weren't "real" in any sense of the word.

THIS has potential. I don't wanna get ahead of myself, cause trailers can be deceiving, but man.....this is the best looking live action SW project since Return of the Jedi.

Rogue One sucked. It was all style and no substance. Just ships and explosions and Vader murdering a bunch of dudes like a serial killer.

The characters were one dimensional cardboard cutouts and nobody gave a crap when they died one by one cause they weren't "real" in any sense of the word.

THIS has potential. I don't wanna get ahead of myself, cause trailers can be deceiving, but man.....this is the best looking live action SW project since Return of the Jedi.

I agree RO was pretty trash. Optimistic about this.

Riiiggghhhht.

Waaaaay off on that Rogue One assessment, but to each their own. :thud:

Typically, I hold off on watching the 20 trailers that seem to come before film releases, but with Mandalorian I couldn't wait and have so far loved everything I've seen. November 12th couldn't come soon enough. Hope Disney has their **** together and we don't have any issues at Launch with Disney+

Typically, I hold off on watching the 20 trailers that seem to come before film releases, but with Mandalorian I couldn't wait and have so far loved everything I've seen. November 12th couldn't come soon enough. Hope Disney has their **** together and we don't have any issues at Launch with Disney+

They've done a trial run in Holland for the last couple of months. So hopefully all ok for the official start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I?m super optimistic and I also enjoyed RO even though it did suffer from some serious character building problems the movie was saved by the 3rd act but one thing is certain after this B&W news is that Kennedy needs to go although i?m happy they?re gone get that GOT crap away from SW lol

They've done a trial run in Holland for the last couple of months. So hopefully all ok for the official start.

That Netherland stress test brought up some technical issues to the surface that they were able to address Disney has some of the best streaming engineers working on D+.

Maybe Rose Tico?s grandmother will be in this as a young woman

:chase

Wow - Looks like you called it.

rose mandalorian snapshot_2.jpg

:chase

I thought Rogue One was good movie but a terrible Star Wars movie so to speak.

The best Star Wars movies are the best because they work above a secular level. TESB never really delved into the Force as much as people give it credit for. It was really just this ill-defined vessel for these characters to showcase themselves in reaction to rather than a reaction from which is what the prequels doubled downed on with all that Chosen One/prophecy nonsense.

Rogue One had that down-pat with almost nothing related to the Force but where it should have succeeded in that by foregrounding those characters in interesting ways, it failed by ham-fisting callbacks and the phony forced-sentimentality family plot. The film would've worked much better as a spy, infiltration, covert film.

The Mandalorian looks promising so far and I'm a sucker for campy alien designs which this looks jammed packed with.

Back