The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everyone keeps mentioning the hardcore homages to the westerns and justifiably so but I also loved the call back to Lawrence of Arabia style movies when the human and sand people caravan were crossing the sand dunes heading to the cave the music was 100% sweeping arabian orchestra.

Very nice gave it an instant epic cinematic feel.

This whole episode had a lot of cinematic moments. The Mouse loosened the purse strings.

I also love that they didn?t go with the low hanging fruit by having baby Yoda use the force on the dragon.

That being said the marshal should have NOT known how to use the jet pack or at least have Mando teach him.

But I did love the Han Solo strike Mando did to Fett’s jet pack lol

Everyone keeps mentioning the hardcore homages to the westerns and justifiably so but I also loved the call back to Lawrence of Arabia style movies when the human and sand people caravan were crossing the sand dunes heading to the cave the music was 100% sweeping arabian orchestra.

Very nice gave it an instant epic cinematic feel.

Star Wars meets Deadwood meets Tremors meets Jaws. What a great episode!

Was also impressed they held back the impulse to have the Child intervene in the first episode back. I have a feeling Olyphant's character will have the Kuiil role this season.

I also love that they didn?t go with the low hanging fruit by having baby Yoda use the force on the dragon.

That being said the marshal should have NOT known how to use the jet pack or at least have Mando teach him.

But I did love the Han Solo strike Mando did to Fett?s jet pack lol

I was OK with him knowing how to use the jetpack. Heck, he knew how to fire a missile from it in the flashback scene with the evil mining guild goons, so it was implied he familiarized himself with its capabilities prior to engaging them. Who knows, maybe it has a user friendly interface and/or something akin to a "training wheels protocol" mode. :lol Plus he had it for quite a while before Mando showed up, so plenty of time to practice. I was more surprised he had another missile for it, but I guess it could be a fairly common ordinance in a galaxy far, far away...

Here's a question:

Should Mando (being a bounty hunter and all) have recognized Boba's armor considering Fett had the Rep of being the most notorious bounty hunter in the galaxy?

Here's a question:

Should Mando (being a bounty hunter and all) have recognized Boba's armor considering Fett had the Rep of being the most notorious bounty hunter in the galaxy?

Those mining guild dudes seemed to recognize the armour...whether they were freaked out because it was a Mando or because they thought it was Fett we'll never know, because they dead.

Those mining guild dudes seemed to recognize the armour...whether they were freaked out because it was a Mando or because they thought it was Fett we'll never know, because they dead.

Can't escape Kenner Olyphant. That ain't just a jetpack on his back!

I assumed Mando didn’t recognize the armor as Fett’s and the people were just scared because they thought he was a Mandalorian.

Here's a question:

What makes you think he didn't?

Personally, I think the less said, the better. The show is already packed with fan service. Dialogue like pointing out that it's Fett's armor just seems ham-fisted.

Secondly, in the context of the scene, Mando wouldn't want to let on that the armor has any more value than it already does.

Pascal has again repeated his comment that one needs to look no further than Favreau and Filloni as the true parents of the show.

Is KK even there anymore.

Oh and sorry Grace lol

The only thing I didn't love was how aesthetically similar the Krayt's lair was to the mudhorn cave. And Tatooine jawas with red eyes. That was weird.

But the Krayt going for the Tusken and ignoring the Bantha was hilarious, lol.

Ok here goes:

SPOILERS!!!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

The ending final shot of the battle with Mando shooting out from his mouth and slide landing on the sand could easily be inserted into a 300 million dollar movie that?s how epic that shot looked.

Just WOW!

Hell yeah. Loved the faux IMAX fullscreen for the final battle as well. So Mando gets IMAX but not IW/EG, lol. :gah:

Back