The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Due to accelerated ageing Rex would physically be 82 at the time of The Mandalorian, it?s not him or any other clone. It?s Boba Fett :lol

Gotcha. I didn't dive very far into PT character lore, so I wasn't sure if they kept aging at an accelerated rate after reaching adult size.

Rex is technically only 28 in Rebels but he looks double that

Sucks to be a Clone.

Given they were engineered to be perfectly obedient soldiers (with the bulk of them murdering their Jedi buddies at the drop of a Sith hood) you'd think Palpatine would have kept them around a little longer instead of letting them age out so quickly. Would have saved a bundle on recruitment and training.

Sucks to be a Clone.

Given they were engineered to be perfectly obedient soldiers (with the bulk of them murdering their Jedi buddies at the drop of a Sith hood) you'd think Palpatine would have kept them around a little longer instead of letting them age out so quickly. Would have saved a bundle on recruitment and training.

Yeah, only 13 years old during the end of TCW. Child soldiers :lol

And you?d think that, but I guess they wanted real people in the Empire to show that they ?aren?t that bad? if people are willing to enlist. Clones served their purpose to wipe out the Jedi Order. Palpatine always tossed his toys aside when he?s done with them, like Dooku.

Yeah, only 13 years old during the end of TCW. Child soldiers :lol

And you?d think that, but I guess they wanted real people in the Empire to show that they ?aren?t that bad? if people are willing to enlist. Clones served their purpose to wipe out the Jedi Order. Palpatine always tossed his toys aside when he?s done with them, like Dooku.

Fair enough. Like a lot of things Star Wars, better not to over-think it. Things like the Jedi being totally okay with the ethics of cloned child soldiers that are programmed to be expendable cannon fodder may paint them as ... evil ... from a certain point of view.

Remember that allegedly totally true 100% authentic episode title list from a few weeks (months) back?

Was "The Marshal" listed as chapter 9?

Greig Fraser (go Aussies!) shot Rogue One and worked on Mando and now has shot Dune. Lots of sand creatures for him!

The show and this episode in particular has a very Rogue One aesthetic.

In the Star Wars galaxy, life has always been cheap but was just thinking...animals really get the short end of the stick in The Mandalorian. Where's Space PETA? :horror

I don't think it was Moff Gideon either, I was referring to

Spoiler Spoiler:

Nah it's just some still think the S1 boots in the desert are Moff Gideon. Besides the cloak edge, to me Moff Gideon wouldn't hike around a desert in the back of beyond at night. U send ur disposable grunt soldiers. Then the next morning have a leisurely breakfast and then order executions.:monkey3

Loved the nod to that nearly impossible to get Kenner toy among many others. Favreau absolutely needs to be put in charge of the entire franchise, he has earned it. Great action and a great start to the new season! Glad I'm not over here wringing my hands over money spent on the toys.

Great episode and start to the season! Even some of the score sounded more "Star Warsy".

Spoiler Spoiler:

I thought the episode was good. It kept me immersed for 30-40 minutes and really made me feel in a galaxy far far away, one devoid of the ST.

I didn't really care for Olyphant though. I thought Josh Holloway would have fit the role better.

In the Star Wars galaxy, life has always been cheap but was just thinking...animals really get the short end of the stick in The Mandalorian. Where's Space PETA? :horror

Wasn't wild about that but, then again, Mando doesn't mess about re the kill count either. Lol rewatching Rebels hundreds of TIE fighter pilots are blown up and no-one says a thing:cool:

Everyone keeps mentioning the hardcore homages to the westerns and justifiably so but I also loved the call back to Lawrence of Arabia style movies when the human and sand people caravan were crossing the sand dunes heading to the cave the music was 100% sweeping arabian orchestra.

Very nice gave it an instant epic cinematic feel.

Back