Media The Last of Us Part II

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Last of Us Part II (Confirmed, trailer posted)

In theory, I could see her immunity diluting over the years as well. This would add an interesting layer to the game since it gives Ellie a whole new meaning of vulnerability, and Joel more tension.

if the case, in the trailer it seems she's been bit on the neck. Also, the tree at the begginning with the claw marks indicate some sort of new infected. unless I'm just looking too close.

I want to see animal infected like in the concept art. That dog or whatever it was looked crazy.

Also I want to see them delve more into Ellie's mother I know she was very important. She must of done some experiments on Ellie before she died. Hence the scar on her eye.

I want to see animal infected like in the concept art. That dog or whatever it was looked crazy.

that would be really cool. kind of like hell hounds. :lol

latest

would be scarry af to have to take out a pack of infected wolves/dogs. especially with limited supplies.

The Last of Us Part II (Confirmed, trailer posted)

Yeah, the double standard coming from you.

Because meninism is a trend right now :lol

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

That IS exactly what it is, and there is no perceived agenda, there's a factual agenda you're trying your hardest to avoid talking about.

Once again, until you learn it, people are not against the PRESENCE of women in games, the cucks you claim are "making a conscious decision to change whatever", are in fact saying "I want to write mary sues, to pander to feminists, and ruin the little artistic integrity games have"

Going from one extreme to the spectrum to the other is not making a conscious effort to fix anything, quite the opposite, it's falling in another set of tropes that people are already tired of, but you're so shortsighted that you think disliking straight up bad characters, that are written with his agenda in mind, means hating of female characters altogether.

People don't give the label "feminist agenda" to all visionary creators that subvert the status quo, they give it to the people who are tried and tested to support and ACTUAL feminist agenda.

It's like talking to a wall isn't it? :lol

It's funny he hasn't asked us what our favorite female characters are, because if we have ANY, it would bring his whole monologue crashing down...

I need one of those t-shirts.

Yea, I mean I respect he hasn't started name calling or respond in gifs like most of the members that frequent the video game section, but he does seem intent on labeling us sexist because we refuse to accept that a feminist agenda is a good thing for gaming/movies. And for some reason, we're the bad guys here :lol

Seeing how upset everyone is in this thread at the discussion is great though :lol

That was a great episode of Married With Children, I want one of those shirts as well :lol

Last edited:

Yea, I mean I respect he hasn't started name calling or respond in gifs like most of the members that frequent the video game section, but he does seem intent on labeling us sexist because we refuse to accept that a feminist agenda is a good thing for gaming/movies.

That was a great episode of Married With Children, I want one of those shirts as well :lol
I genuinely wonder if he is that oblivious to the feminist trends killing pop-culture. Hell I'm not even talking about this game, TLOU isn't an offender of this as far as I'm concerned (you may disagree), but, Druckmann's statements are at least worrying a little, I mean it's not as bad as DICE giving a say to Sarkeesian in the Mirror's Edge reboot, but it's sure something to pay attention to with today's pandering trends.

"""writing characters honest to themselves""" is what ruined Legend of Korra, Thor God of Thunder (and Marvel in general), Star Wars, GhostBusters, etc etc.

Funny enough, actual female PROTAGONISTS that aren't pushing any agendas made it to my favorite movies these last 2 years, Fury Road, Sicario and Arrival, literally the only 3 of 4 movies that I consider to be actually great these last 2 years. But I h8 women brrrrrrah! iz just geimu brrrrah!

Absolutely not.

a376ZBN.gif
Phew, I feared for your sanity, I'm a bit concerned with Solidus doe.

I genuinely wonder if he is that oblivious to the feminist trends killing pop-culture. Hell I'm not even talking about this game, TLOU isn't an offender of this as far as I'm concerned (you may disagree), but, Druckmann's statements are at least worrying a little, I mean it's not as bad as DICE giving a say to Sarkeesian in the Mirror's Edge reboot, but it's sure something to pay attention to with today's pandering trends.

"""writing characters honest to themselves""" is what ruined Legend of Korra, Thor God of Thunder (and Marvel in general), Star Wars, GhostBusters, etc etc.

Funny enough, actual female PROTAGONISTS that aren't pushing any agendas made it to my favorite movies these last 2 years, Fury Road, Sicario and Arrival, literally the only 3 of 4 movies that I consider to be actually great these last 2 years. But I h8 women brrrrrrah! iz just geimu brrrrah!

I just don't think he cares about the quality, as long as there's more strong female characters in games not showing skin so daughters everywhere can have characters to look up to. Either way, I don't want ****** characters in my movies/games.

I finally watched Sicario, thought it was great, I loved Mad Max Fury Road, but I didn't love Arrival.

Yea, I just think TLOU has diehard fans and when you say anything negative about the game people would have been complaining over it regardless of what my issues were.

11777787_155260091475520_666118807_n_zpshvkblagm.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some of the guys in here really need girlfriends, or any kind of mutual contact with the opposite sex ASAP. The sexual frustration is intense.
We can name an entire thread, if not board, that is indicative of this.
It's a pretty interesting possibility if Ellie's immunity, is in fact, dying down. If that's the case, her original infection in the first game might start progressing through her body.
This may explain her rage and aggression, since it's noted that stages of the infection increase that. That's why Tess was getting more irritable after she got bit, and maybe why Sam was easily annoyed at Ellie during their last conversation.
if the case, in the trailer it seems she's been bit on the neck. Also, the tree at the begginning with the claw marks indicate some sort of new infected. unless I'm just looking too close.
Interesting notes.
Absolutely not.

a376ZBN.gif
Gonna speak for Solidus and say he isn't either, absolutely not and I agree with what he's said in converations about this :lol

also gaspar, Legend of Korra was ruined by a lot more then just that. Not saying your point doesn't have merit, but after Season 1, you can tell it was beyond the characters.

I actually think Korra was pretty good for the most part, some problems with pacing and writing but still waaaay enjoyable for me, and then the end happened.

So not for me, the end is what ruined it.

I remember the argument back them wasnt that people hated women, it was that they hated lesbians and heterolens etc etc :lol

Its never the **** writting :lol

Korra was good, but coming off Aang's story it had so much to live up to. I can understand if it was never going to reach those heights, but something went wrong and it showed. The only issue on Korra being lesbian is the fact that the romances were so poorly done anyway. I couldn't really finish the series when it originally aired so I'll have to watch online. Season 1 was so good though, probably the closest the series got to Avatar levels. I don't think Season 2 was bad...but it did decline. Stopped on Season 3 though.

Agree with all that, my only problem with the lesbian thing was that the characters didnt support it and it was only uses to shield the series from criticism. And it worked.

That is the agenda were talking about.

Technically, Korra was bisexual, not a lesbian, so it makes a lot more sense in that light. Still horrible writing though.

Yeah bisexual, still didnt support it imo.

Will read the comic out of pure morbid curiosity doe

Oh boy, gotta wonder how the comics are. The ones for Last Airbender were superb and really tied up the series' loose ends - most notably Zuko's Mother :panic:

When the big gay issues were floating about in news media, Naughty Dog brought out the whole idea what Ellie had a girlfriend in the prequel DLC. It took advantage of current topics. It's not about the ideas, those are important/fine to show up in games and media, don't get me wrong, it's about developing them in a way that flows with the franchise you're talking about and makes it organic.

Fury Road was a great example of this, never once was it promoted as a big female led SJW film. It spoke with the content and it worked perfectly because of it.

And that's the thing. There are strights, gays, [interttermhere] sexuals. There's every variation of brown you can find because of melanin concentration, and that's the beauty of humanity, we may look different and have different culture, but we are all HUMAN, products of diversification through evolution and social constructs. The problems arise when these things are used as a glorified explanation of diversity in media. But the biggest problem with ANY group occurs when they try to make a big deal out of it. If you just live and experience life with your beliefs, while respecting others, that's how you learn and feel comfortable about them. I don't care what you are or what you believe; your rights end when they infringe on mine. Let me believe as I please, and I will do the same for you, whether I agree 100% or not. Cast a female lead, don't boast about it. Hire a gay writer, don't make a big deal out of it. Let the ACTIONS speak.

I don't run and tell every person I meet that I collect action figures, but as people find out about it they tend to take interest when they see I have a passion for it and why I do; they learn it and see it organically.

It's the same thing, I wouldn't run and tell everyone about my significant other, but as people find out about who they are and why I have a passion for them and love that person, they understand more about me and who I am. It's no longer weird. You don't just run up and say I LOVE RAY to someone, that's strange. What I said does not identify me as anything, not white, black, Eastern or European. Not straight, gay, or anything inbetween. It would explain who I am and my beliefs if it had context and you were experiencing it in person.

And that's the problem of what's missing in integrating different sexualities, races, and cultures - it's always forced for marketing and in turn that lessens the importance of what those things are, aspects of human uniqueness. We're all the same deep down, it's aspects that make us different.

Korra was good, but coming off Aang's story it had so much to live up to. I can understand if it was never going to reach those heights, but something went wrong and it showed. The only issue on Korra being lesbian is the fact that the romances were so poorly done anyway. I couldn't really finish the series when it originally aired so I'll have to watch online. Season 1 was so good though, probably the closest the series got to Avatar levels. I don't think Season 2 was bad...but it did decline. Stopped on Season 3 though.

Season 3 is the best season. It's the only one I can remember; Heck, I've already brain dumped season 2. Season 3 gives us Lavabending and an evil Airbender.

Zaheer was my favorite villain, closely followed by a tie between Kuvira and Amon.

Unalaq was lame.

Back