Media The Last of Us Part II

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Last of Us Part II (Confirmed, trailer posted)

Right here:

Which, as I previously outlined, based on Druckman's own comments, the extent of his "agenda" amounted to 1.) writing characters to be honest & true to themselves, and 2.) leaving behind a character for his daughter who is worthy of being a role model. Why would that make a person nervous?

I believe as Druckman put it, while you may not agree with much or all of what (Fem Frequency) has to say, one cannot ignore the trend in games for female characters, historically, that they have brought attention toward. So Druckman made a conscious effort to avoid those tropes.

-------

As I understand it, you guys are "fine" with female characters in games so long as they are written well. Setting aside the sexist double-standard inherit in that statement for a moment...

It would appear to me that the best solution to what ails female characters in games would be to make a conscious effort to write those characters as believable and true to themselves, and also injecting them with characteristics that leave one admiring or impressed by that character; perhaps even someone one may inspire to be. Which is exactly what Druckman's intent has been and presumably continues to be.

However, you've then gone on to sabotaging your own argument by labeling any kind of publically-admitted, conscious, considerate & self-aware attempts at writing female characters as an unwanted feminist agenda/social justice warrior pandering that must therefore be scrutinized heavily or dismissed entirely.

So if my argument seems cyclical, it's because it appears to me that you guys are trying to have it both ways: you'd prefer female protagonists be avoided as you feel they're more often than not poorly written, but at the same time you take issue with any writer or game/film which makes a conscious, public effort to create strong, believable female characters.

You're simultaneously showing awareness of the disease while also refusing to swallow the cure because that would be a public acknowledgement of said disease.

My only problem with your argument is you’re trying to say we’re sexist because we want well written characters. I’ve already said multiple times that most male characters in video games suck too, but at least theres no agenda behind it. Also the two reasons Druckman gave are probably the same as every other male feminist. Most male feminists want strong female characters because they have daughters, Joss Whedon has said the same thing multiple times, and thats fine, but it doesn’t excuse creating a horribly written character which is my only problem. I don’t prefer more male characters in games, I prefer more well written honest characters in games.

How can a sexist pig like myself enjoy movies like T2, Fury Road and Aliens?

You should be asking the nuMale who reported the thread :lol

I wonder how he felt when a Shropt came and said everything was in order :rotfl

Yup, people are definitely being triggered and it certainly wasn’t us :lol

>420
>smoke wee errday

I'm sorry I offended you.

pls no report pls

:lol :lol :lol

I’m almost sure he wrote in his report “threadcrapping” :lol

tumblr_inline_og954ucKV91rcy7ki_500.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's going to be a flip of character roles.

Making a strong female character isn't overtly feminism. There's plenty of examples out there (Ghostbusters 2016, Rogue One) where it's forced on you. Be that as it may, it was done without being thrown in your face so I don't understand what the issue is. This is coming from someone that thinks feminism is cancer btw.

^^^ That last paragraph says it all. There are plenty of woman who can kick a man's ass and with a .38 revolver she wouldn't have to. If you recall Ellie was a sneaky and scrappy little *****. I have full faith in Naughty Dog as they are one of only two developers (CD Project Red) that I will place blind faith in. The Last Of Us is one of my favorite games of all time, in addition I have enjoyed all the Uncharted's so its only fair I give them their shot.

^^^ That last paragraph says it all. There are plenty of woman who can kick a man's ass and with a .38 revolver she wouldn't have to. If you recall Ellie was a sneaky and scrappy little *****. I have full faith in Naughty Dog as they are one of only two developers (CD Project Red) that I will place blind faith in. The Last Of Us is one of my favorite games of all time, in addition I have enjoyed all the Uncharted's so its only fair I give them their shot.
Don't just stop there. Go play Jak, and the Crash Bandicoot PS1 games!

Lol...... holy ****.

My problem is it sounds like he is saying she was shoe horned into the game, clearly she was one of two leads from the first game. It has nothing to do with her being a woman, she is and has been one of the main characters, if they have decided this is a part 2 then naturally she would star again.

That said anyone remeber Ish the captain from the first game who started the colony in the tunnel, I want to know more about what happened to him and would love if they did a side story about him.

Ish's story is pretty freaking sad, not sure how they could implement it in this game, since in the first one it was done with the notes.

I'd be down for a sort of anthology of what happens in various stages of the outbreak, like short stories, with different characters, that'd be a neat DLC.

Ish's story is pretty freaking sad, not sure how they could implement it in this game, since in the first one it was done with the notes.

I'd be down for a sort of anthology of what happens in various stages of the outbreak, like short stories, with different characters, that'd be a neat DLC.

He made it out though so I wanna know what happened with him, that woman and her children. All because somebody forgot to shut a door... smh

It would be kinda funny if he popped up in this game. Too convenient but kinda nice.

This thread is 4chan. All that's left is for someone to come in with a Pepe the Frog avatar now..

Back